[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4717: Undefined variable: tapatalk_location_url
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4844: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4846: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4847: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4848: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Signals Media All Star Network • View topic - <Convert to Beer> 7:30-10:30pm Sydney/Early am Server

<Convert to Beer> 7:30-10:30pm Sydney/Early am Server

Old team pages from the MoP expansion

Re: <Convert to Beer> 7:30-10:30pm Sydney/1-4am Server, (1/1

Postby Amanzi » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:40 am

HI Guys,
if you ever need a hunter- Shahill ilvl544 http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... ill/simple
or a Druid tank/heals- Amanzi - 532 http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... nzi/simple
I'm looking to raid at the same times that you guys do.
I've some experience on my hunter but am new to tanking beyond flex.

thanks
Amanzi

Postby Chupac » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:08 pm

We wasn't going to move until next wknd, Rhodes decided to move everything this wknd instead.
I prolly wont make it to sun/mon night raid.
Grandma's net doesn't d/c til next week, so ours wont connect there til next Friday *sad face*....

After next Friday everything should be up and going or someone is dying a slow horrible death :x

Chat soon!!!!
Chupac

Postby Fuggs » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:21 pm

Ok guys

With the few drop outs over the last few weeks, I think it is time to reflect on individual and team goals as per my comments in vent last night. This is of course noting that we will likely be stuck with SoO for a further 6-9 months until WOD release.

Our team currently stands at the following:

Cletusjnr
Chunkychodus
Superalpha
Teukad (backup DPS)
Heals*** (Prefer Druid/Priest)
Fuggette (backup tank ? Weizen)
Chupac (backup heals)
Vaughno
Derived (currently works some Thursday nights)
DPS*** (Prefer Lock/Rogue/Paladin/DK)

We are down Physical and Magic vulnerability. Vaughno can only cover one of these hence prefer a Warlock/Rogue/DK/Paladin).

Paladin/Priest/Warlock = 2 toons
Rogue/Mage/DK/Druid = 2 toons
Hunter/Warrior/Shaman/Monk = 4 toons

Given the 45min it took to recruit 2 people (no where near our gear or experience level) last night (even with Open Raid), I do not think pugging is a viable option if our aim is to continue to push heroics. I would like to return to a 11-12 man roster and will try recruit accordingly.

In the mean time, I think we should consider some options. Here are a few ideas and aims off the top of my head. We could choose one or a combination or I am happy to discuss other peoples ideas:

a) Rebuild team and push heroics
b) Add in some normal achievement runs (ie encounter achievements)
c) Farm BoA's from Garrosh normal
d) Older MOP raid achieves
e) Cut raid times to one night a week. With Diablo 3 expansion about to drop, a number of us would prob use the second night and do group runs on D3.

As part of this assessment, we need to consider our aims for WOD. I am open to discussion but currently feel that mythic is not where we should be aiming. My reasoning is based on:
1) Greater logistic requirements for 20 people, made more financially challenging by the definite requirement to move to a Oceanic raid time friendly server
2) Mythic will likely be harder than current heroics. We generally dip our toes into heroics toward the end of tier. I think we can stay occupied with WoD normal and heroic content and suggest that is likely the best place for us for challenge, ability and flexibility. If we find ourselves looking for more challenge once into WoD raids, we can reconsider and adapt on the fly.

I would really like to hear what people would like to do and am happy for people to tell in vent, in game mail or post on the forum.

My suggestion is a combination of the above points a-e. Cut to one night a week, when we have a strong team, push heroic SoO. If we are looking for some variety and have a decent team, do normal SoO with some encounter achievements with an aim to get Garrosh down. If we have a few away, look at some older MOP raids for achives. Have some group D3 nights on our off raid nights.

So what do you guys think?
Fuggs

Postby shadowdream87 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:22 am

This is Scenotaph. Fugg, I need to speak with you about the situation.
shadowdream87

Postby Bruceknee » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:07 am

BattleTag :bigAussie #1912

Character Name : Bruceknee
Server : Aerie peak
Level : 90
Faction : alliance
Race : panda
Class :monk
Main Spec : wind walker
Off spec : mist weaver (not very good though)
Primary professions :skinning and leather working

WoW Armoury link :http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/aerie-peak/Bruceknee/advanced battletage bigAussie#1912

What country/area do you live in :Australia

Have you checked the effect of daylight savings both locally for you and in Australia will have on raid times :yes not a problem as im in australia

What was the last guilds you were in? Briefly, why did you leave :was on an oceanic server but the guild fell apart

What are you looking for by joining Convert to Raid and more specifically the Convert to Beer raid team :to be the best I can be and hope to do good by the raid team

Do you use Ventrilo/Mumble : yes

Do you have a working Mic : yes

Do you understand we are a progression raiding team? What does this mean to you? :to progress though the content and do your best

Briefly explain how you fit wow into your world/real life :I care for my wife who is disabled and I use wow as a means for some me time

Are you prepared to maintain your off spec (seek upgrades, gems, enchants, rotations, ect) to provide the raid team with greater flexibility for certain boss fights or when a member is absent :i'll try but I play ww monk 99% of the time

Is this your main Character :yes
Last edited by Bruceknee on Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bruceknee

Postby harzlek » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:37 am

you fogot to give ues your batter tug
harzlek

Postby Cletus » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:06 am

Grats to us on getting H Imm down. I was worried we couldn't do it. If we do it again I think that fear may leave me.

I want to say that the raid team for the expansion has been the most solid and most enjoyable in a very very long time. The team meshed when it needed too, egos were largely left at the door. We were always going to have to reorganise the team, and thankfully we only need to do so because of change of circumstance and not personality blow outs.

WIth a solid team I think we can keep going on H SoO. But I think without that team we woul dbe back to wipe central (not negative just reality). I will raid anywhere any time with you guys, but the wiping OMG the wiping can be difficult some days.

Fuggs suggestion in the last paragraph of his post sounds good in the short term

And a big round of applause to Fuggs for the team and strats. We progress through his hard work. Something we shoud recognise more frequently by denying him loot.

Cletus
Cletus

Postby Fuggs » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:38 am

New logs website, really quite interesting for a look

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/12TytGRK3hqvZdJz
Fuggs

Postby Fuggs » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:05 am

Sorry for late notice, but I will also be out Monday night.

I had a quick chat to River who is likely not avail either.

Cletus will be late by an hour or so and Vaughno is out as well.

I will leave it to who turns up but suggest calling it off is a good idea.

Pumped for Thursday though, lets get H Immersius and Norushen down quick!

Fuggs
Fuggs

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Team Pages