Thanks for the tip Kosk, our man on site at BlizzCon. I thought this might be the case re new heroic being harder than current normals and Mythic being harder than current heroics.
We can discuss during raid tonight but here are my thoughts.
* We are fringe heroic raiders. By that I mean we can be competent in normals and early heroics. We dont have the time (6 hours a week with players with alternating availabilities = roster of 12 to keep 10 on the field) to be a serious hard core heroic team, nor do I think people necessarily want that.
* In this new system, current normal = new heroic, current heroic = mythic. But as Kosk said, it is likely our main difficulty level (heroic in new expac) will be harder than current normal content.
* Net result is I think the new heroic content will provide a sustained progression challenge for us which is what I think keeps us logging in each week (plus the fat loot).
* The problem being, some people will want to taste the new Mythic tier of raiding which requires a 20man team.
* For those inclined, the new expac has separate lock outs for heroic and mythic tier. That means if people wanted to try mythic content, they could continue to raid with us if they wanted.
* Of course we have to remember, all of the 6.0 info is subject to change but I believe the new raiding changes (including 20man only mythic) is unlikely to change.
* For the remainder of SoO, I suggest as a team we continue unchanged. Keep trying to progress through normal then heroic content whilst having fun
* With the currently available information, I would be happy to continue with our 12 man roster (to ensure we have at least 10) and come the new expac, continue with our 2 nights a week raiding in the new heroic difficulty, likely with some normal modes in a similar way to what we have done this tier. Note in this difficulty level, if 12 peeps turned up, we could take 12. No bench time.
* As the release date for 6.0 draws closer (earliest predictions I have heard is March/April 2014), I would expect that each person needs to work out what they want from the game, what time they have for WoW, and if <Convert to Beer> offers a reasonable fit. If it no longer fits and peeps want to move on, it is no problem. Just give a little notice to give time to recruit (although that will be less of a problem as all but Mythic raids will be cross realm and hence tools like OpenRaid or OQ can fill gaps if we drop below 10 in the short term.
Well, thats my thoughts, what do you guys think?