[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4717: Undefined variable: tapatalk_location_url
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4844: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4846: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4847: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4848: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Signals Media All Star Network • View topic - Blizzcon Planning Committee Intro and Signup!

Blizzcon Planning Committee Intro and Signup!

Blizzcon Planning Committee Intro and Signup!

Postby PatKrane » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:11 pm

Hey guys!

This post is for those that are interested in forming a committee to look into what we can do at Blizzcon 2013! I really want to push the boundaries for what we (the network, the shows, and the guild involved) will be doing, making this as big as possible on a limited budget.

Of course we appreciate everyone's enthusiasm for this convention, but we really do want to get some work done. So, I'm calling out specifically to the people with any of the following experience/intentions/etc.:
1. Are planning to attend
2. Will go to Anaheim even if they don't get tickets
3. Live locally and can be our "boots on the ground."
4. Have experience with planning meetups and events
5. Work in areas that could be useful like merchandising, hotel services, travel, social media, etc.

If there is a large response, I may need to select only a handful of people to start this, adding more as we go. But if you have an interest (and some opinions) into what we (Signals Media, Convert to Raid, and the CtR Guild) do at Blizzcon, this will be one heck of a blowout.

To apply, just post a response and tell me about yourself and your background!

Thanks, and I look forward to getting this thing moving!
GM of the Convert to Raid Guild
Also: Mhug, Ichabodd, Tikitembo, Sunnava, Morsel, Chugger
PatKrane

Re: Blizzcon Planning Committee Intro and Signup!

Postby Hawgeye » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:05 pm

Hi,
I live about 15 mins from Convention Center and will be trying for tickets. However, I plan on taking vacation time on that Thursday and Friday anyway. Don't have background in leading organizational stuff such as conventions but I've been the trusty sidekick and bottlewasher for lots of such activities. :lol: Would look forward to being a support person, local guide, driver, hauler, and/or supplier of couches as needed.

Hawgeye

Jim, Brea, CA
Hawgeye

Postby Akaxan » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:44 am

I'll be going regardless of ticket or not (hoping for a ticket of course). I'd be willing to do pretty much whatever is needed to make this meetup as amazing as it can be. I'm still planning on bringing the tabletop trivial pursuit for those interested, but if you need help with anything I'm planning on being there a day early and staying through monday. I am already booked at the Marriott.
Akaxan

Postby Hawgeye » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:13 am

If I don't happen to get tickets, I can offer my house as a remote viewing party site. Could probably host about 40 people.
Hawgeye

Postby ashden » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:48 pm

I am planing on going but currently that depends on whether I get a ticket or if we have any guild events going on in the area. I would help what I can but this would be my second gaming convention I have been to and the last one was 10 years ago.
ashden

Postby Ariyah » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:01 am

Regardless of whether I get tickets, I am going to be there. Likelihood is I won't get tickets (with my luck!) but I have the time off work already.

I have experience organizing meetups, but also at work I do this with big meetings, events (we do job fairs so it's on a much larger scale), etc.

It would be cool to have events for those who didn't get tickets, in addition to those who did get tickets.
Ariyah

Postby lilu12323 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:19 pm

I live 45 minutes away from Anaheim. I am planning on trying to get a Blizzcon ticket, but would be willing to assist with peripheral events even if I can't get into the 'Con proper. I have experience in organizing professional seminars and events, but have never organized a social meetup. Nevertheless, I'd be willing to help out.

Edit: I got tix! Yay!
Last edited by lilu12323 on Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lisa/Lilu
Putting the BOOM in Boomkin since 2006
lilu12323

Postby Sportius » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:40 am

Hey all,
I will be there as well if i dont get a ticket. Never been and what a way to spend the birthday with 3000 of your closest friends..lol.
ImageImage

Twitter=@Kitchensink_CTR
Sportius

Postby Ariyah » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:14 pm

So I've got a hotel and flight. Will try for tickets tonight or Saturday but frankly I don't care as I'm going regardless and there's going to be tons who will be in the same boat as me!! :D
Ariyah

Postby Hawgeye » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:30 am

Got tix tonight! Looking forward to assisting with anything needed here locally.
Hawgeye

Next

Return to Blizzcon Committee