<Convert to Beer> 7:30-10:30pm Sydney/Early am Server

Old team pages from the MoP expansion

Re: <AEST><Convert to Beer><8-11pm Sydney/1-4am Server>

Postby Cletus » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:10 am

Fuggs,

the various strats all seem to agree that this is a 10M raid killer (I am ignoring the trolls who suggest it is cake). The strat priority system seems the right way to go, but I think the change in door 2 to zerg (100% dps) every priest is more liley to bring us success. I struggle to believe that it is truly possible to interupt every poison cast and avoid any debuff, but this seems more plausible. It is clear to me that Blizz has made a 'raid make up' specific boss (why is beyond me). But in the absence of a posion dispel this fight is impossible, and in the absence of 2+ (monk stacking) the fight is just plan rough.

I also think we are a long way off this boss, why when progress with PUGs is better I dont know. I will read more and see what pops out

Clet
Cletus

Postby Cletus » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:47 am

Seems the positioning og boss is relatively moot. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVuWMA4FGTA has the parallel to the door access model Doobs proposed, all others have teh perpendicular arrangement. On possible change (other than the zerg targets) is to stack the range in the axis of the door (stright line to boss). Essentially between the add spawn points. But again I doubt this matters too much as long as group is roughly together.
I will keep looking to work out what the issue with our night was. The forums are all suggesting that groups with ilvl below 500 are not really downing this boss, and in reality 505 is closer to optimum. Expect a nerf in the near future I think is the message.
Cletus

Horridon

Postby Fuggs » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:01 pm

Sorry for getting frustrated last night. A few comments.

* Whilst I accept the 10 man version of this is challenging, I believe execution is what is letting us down
* Our group gear score ranges from 495-504
* Our dispell composition was essentially identical to the pug I ran in with only one Druid heals and me as monk tank
* Cletus can symbiosis Super to give him an extra dispell if required, hence two poison/disease cleanses each on a 8 sec timer
* We did not show significant mastery of door 1. This is a major concern. Essentially door 1 is the simplest door. DPS using the priority, dispell, heal, don't stand in bad.
* Door 2 problem is just interrupts I think. Wen we made it door 2 with monk tanking we made it out most times but on most attempts priest volleys occurred. When a priest volley occurs they summon venomous effusions which cast volley as well. Interrupt duties are critical and people need to pony up. We also have hero up our sleeve but I think we will need that for door 3 or 4
* As I said last night, I think people need to do a little research to optimise their performance and bring their best game to our next attempt

If you don't mind Cletus, I will stand down on guiding our strats for attempts on Horridon. You have both Weizen and Gette if you need.

Easter is next week, people have still not filled in their availability
Fuggs

Postby Cletus » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:53 pm

Fugg,

frustration very understandable and you are right that we need to step our game up. I saw the symbiosis to pally in the threads too, and saw the advantages. unfortunately only goes for resto druids. in current set up we would gain rebirth (Super) and consecrate (me).

Your strats have never let us down before Fuggs and I see no reason why they will now. While we didn't progress, we did all get to see the fight and can hopefully see the need for interupts/dispells/purges etc. I am happy to step up on this and work with what you have given us.

For that fight i think the extra poison dispell from Weizen will be essential. Potentially leave chunky as tank and i go dps to keep rallying cry up.

Either option i think gains us an advantage on door 2 but may cost us dps (from gette) on all other doors.

The following is your strat with some tweaks from research in the wee hours. All have 1 tank and 1 heals looking after Horridon.

Door 1 - Interupt target: bassilisk. Burn target: all big adds (none seem to bad), Dispell/Purge/Get it off me: Anyone who can, Chu mass dispell, Group stance: Broad stack on Shalim;

Door 2: Interupt target: Priest/adds (aoe interupts appreciated). Burn target: Priests!!!! (all dps, to the point of single target), Dispell/Purge/Get it off me: Super (hopefully under control with interupts) Group stance: Broad stack on Shalim;

Door 3: Interupt target: Nil (I think), traps on little adds, Burn target: Warrior and little adds (melee only on big adds, range on little & Big), Dispell/Purge/Get it off me: Super, Anyone who can; Group stance: Spread towards Door 4 (Hunters to MD all big adds to tank)

Door 4: Interupt target: Shamans. Burn target: Bears, Dispell/Purge/Get it off me: Chu mass dispell, Group stance: Broad stack on Shalim;

There is one more option we could try whihc is fixed tank targets. THis idea has some hair on it to say the least and requires Super to bubble the Horridon tank and then the tank to go nuts on threat generation again. Not ideal but possible.

The vids I watched all show the same rough idea of it being a very messy fight. For our progress on doors I will fall back to 1 door at a time progress.

Clet
Cletus

Postby Fuggs » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:39 pm

Invites for next week out. Only real chance we have of running is Monday 1 April. Shalim and Cletus not avail, Under has not responded. I will invite Eilirra (priest heals) and if all else attend, we will have a team.

Weizen
Chunky

Super
Doobs
Eilirra

Chu
Under
Vaughno
Eldrion
Kosk

Can someone volunteer to raid lead please?
Fuggs

Postby Cletus » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:05 pm

I am happy to raid lead.

I am away from my WOW enabled computer I take it that Thurs is out? (Sun I can understand).

Clet
Cletus

Postby Shalim » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:42 pm

I think the zerg idea on D2 will work well... still leaving interrupts to be done but adds dying quicker will ease that issue. i think trying that will be a good start. As for D1, sand is our problem.. nothing more. I know its not hard to stay of it for ranged but it is still happening.
Shalim

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Team Pages