Just been thinking about our team for WoD and have a few ideas/questions to toss around for discussion. Cut, paste and answer if you like?
1) When do we want to start raiding? ie When will you be at max level and have some basic pre-raid gear (at least near complete normal mode dungeon gear which will get us into WOD normal raids)?
2) What toon do you want to run for WoD and if appropriate, will you maintain and be skilled at an offspec (especially tank/heals)?
3) I propose we plan to stay in WoD Heroic raids (equivalent of current normals). We can start in normals and then get into heroics. I dont think we should aim for mythic at this stage. I have mentioned this a few times before, last chance to object/comment.
4) I think a roster size of 12-15 would be ideal. With a few spare O/S tanks/heals, it will give us the flexibility to still raid if people are away. 2 x M/S tanks, 3 M/S heals, 3-4 MDPS (max 4, if too many want to run MDPS, I will rank people based on time in team), rest RDPS. From DPS prefer 1-2 O/S Tanks, 2-3 O/S heals.
5) Raid times still ok 7.30-10.30 Sydney time? Raid days still ok Thursday and Monday?
6) Below is my draft re-write of the first page of our team info which includes my guess as to result of above questions and also peoples class choices. Please read and comment and let me know what you are looking at in terms of toon for WOD raiding. I will need to start recruiting at some point so this will guide me on what I need to recruit.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<Convert to Beer>
Convert to Beer is a "casual" progression raid team. We have a core of 5 real life mates from Australia who have been raiding together since 2008. We focus on current content progression raiding. As a gauge, in previous patches we generally clear normals and are working on heroics prior to release of the next patch.
Looking to WOD => We currently plan to stick to Heroic (equivalent to current normal mode) raids in WoD with a roster of 12-15. With the new flexible sized (cross realm available as well) heroic raids in WoD, a roster of 12-15 will mean we can have a few people away and not have to worry about PUGS.
We are currently recruiting:
* Players who can commit to our days/times throughout the year (see below comment on raid times) and are interested in our approach to raiding for WoD. Note that we are full on MDPS.
* 1 x Main Spec Heals (Priest > Monk > Shaman)
* 3 x RDPS (Warlock, Mage, Hunter, other RDPS with OS Heals)
Applications from non preferred classes/specs will be considered but our preferences are based on min-maxing for armor type, tier token representation and buffs/debuffs.
We currently raid Thursday 7:30-10:30pm Sydney time. For Aerie Peak server, our raid times varies with US and Australia daylight savings. Generally, November-March server time 0.30-3.30am, March-April 1.30-4.30am, April-November 2.30-5.30am.
Once we are at level cap and into raiding in WoD (TBC but likely mid January 2015), we will return to raiding twice a week (Thursday and Monday).WOD RAID LISTTanks
Cletusjnr – Druid Tank (Confirmed)
Facerolz – Warrior Tank (Confirmed)Heals
Superalpha – Pally Heals (Confirmed)
Urths (Healing Vaughno) – Druid Heals
Shalim (will he come back?) - Shaman HealsMDPS
Fuggette (Raid Lead, most likely enhance, outside chance Warlock or MW Monk)
Chunkychodus – Will likely roll most OP MDPS at WoD launch
Depicted (Derived) (Will maintain tank spec/gear) – Pally MDPS (May change to another MDPS depending on Chunky/what is OP at launch)RDPS
Chupac - SPriest (Confirmed), Heals OS
Kösk – Frost Mage (Confirmed)
Hatchlin -Hunter Teukad (Confirmed)
Demon - Elemental (Confirmed), Heals OS
Bruceknee – Boomkin (Confirmed)Tier token groups
=> Assuming tokens continue to drop (not items) and groups remain the same. Not counting Chunky/Shalim
Paladin/Priest/Warlock = 3 toons
Rogue/Mage/DK/Druid = 4 toons
Hunter/Warrior/Shaman/Monk = 4 toonsArmour type
(in WoD primary stats on armour will change with spec) => Not including Shalim/Chunky
Plate 3Raid Role composition comments
* Current roster of 11 (not including Shalim)
* Will Morpheus return to WoW? If anyone sees him in BNet ask him if he wants to return or let him know I am wondering if he wants to come back.
* 1-2 potential OS tanks in Derived/Chunky
* 2-3 potential OS heals in Chu/Demon and Fugg (I never want to heal raids, please please please)
* If Shalim doesnt return to WoW, we will need another MS healer. In house options = Chu/Demon/Fugg.
* Currently have 3 MDPS. Absolute max we can have is 4 but I would prefer to keep it at 3, especially if we cannot recruit more RDPS/Heals as that would be 3 MDPS in a raid size of 11.WOD Buff/Debuffs
Stats (Druid/Monk/Paladin) 4
Stam (Priest/Lock/Warrior) 2
AP (DK/Hunter/Warrior/DK) 2
SP (Mage/Lock) 1
Versatility (Druid, Ret Pally, Warrior, F/UH DK) 4
Haste (Shaman, Spriest, Rogue, UH DK) 3
Crit (Feral, Mage, BM/WW Monk) 1
Multistrike (WW Monk, Spriest, Rogue, Warlock) 1
Mastery (B DK, Boomkin, Shaman, Pally (5)
Hero (Shaman/Mage) 3
Mortal wounds (DPS Warrior, Rogue, WW Monk, Demo Lock) 0
Not accounted for => Chunky, Shalim, Not counting hunter pet, counting Derived as Ret Pally
Main areas without redundancy => Crit (Feral, Mage, BM/WW Monk), Multistrike (WW Monk, Spriest, Rogue, Warlock), SP (Mage/Lock)
Recruiting solution for Buffs/Debuffs => Recruit Warlock, perhaps another mage? Other options would require another MDPS.