[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4717: Undefined variable: tapatalk_location_url
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4844: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4846: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4847: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4848: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Signals Media All Star Network • View topic - [EST] [Outside the Box] [T&Th 8p-11p] 2/14 Heroic

[EST] [Outside the Box] [T&Th 8p-11p] 2/14 Heroic

Old team pages from the MoP expansion

Re: [EST] [Outside the Box] [Tues & Thurs 8pm - 11pm] 13/14

Postby balterex » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:18 pm

Should be able to hero x2, we were wiping at around 11mins.

Hero off the pull, hero last phase?
and if the world is ending, we toast to it.
balterex

Postby Trojes » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:49 pm

I am going to record us tomorrow night, any objections?

The way to a man's heart is through his stomach, but I like to go through his ribcage.
Trojes

Postby balterex » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:05 pm

So in addition to hero'ing off the pull, maybe try this?

In P1, don't AoE. Focus on Frost Rider > Garrosh, + dot up the weapons. The add tank should do more then enough damage to kill all the adds and they can be knocked back into the star if needed. Don't waste DPS on them.

Just would help us get through that part faster. Guy also says

Beat into your raiders heads that during Empowered Whirl, the focus is survival. Use what you got to live. Screw DPS. GTFO, piss off your add, and live.

also this thread has some other ideas that maybe we want to try?
balterex

Postby Phatal » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:16 pm

Lots of good suggestions. These are some adjustments that we are for sure going to make: (also no objection to recording)

1. Spread the stack points. I am going to make the box bigger.

2. More dps focus on garrosh in p1. As mentioned above. Only cleave dmg on adds. Mostly single target gary. Dots on weapons only. When possible, we will have hyghlander typhoon. Wolf rider still needs to be interrupted and killed.

3. We are probably going to have to 2 heal this because we don't want 3x transitions in P2. This means that we need more personal damage mitigation. The fight is much easier overall if we have more dps - especially in P2. As we saw on Tuesday, if we go into three intermissions, there is a likely possibility that adds will be up after we get back.

4. A star is going on Ashreal's head. After the spread for the adds, we will be stacking back up on him (ideally on the tanks).

5. All players need to farther away from Gary when he does his whirl. This means that in addition to tanks moving him away, we need everyone else to run the other direction. The quote that Balt posted about staying alive rings true, empowered whirl hurts a lot and those adds suck, we all have to learn to stay alive and deal with the adds. This is the single most important thing to manage in this fight IMO.

6. I want people to call out when they are mind controlled so that we can make sure to get interrupts on them. We have been pretty good about this, but a couple times we missed.

In regards to heroism: we will try it at the start and see if it works. I think that if we go 2x heals and skip the 3rd intermission we wont need to do this but we can try.

Timeline of goals for the fight:

- End phase 1 before the 3rd wolf rider (more dps on Gary plz)
- 2nd Intermission with Gary ~ 35% health
- End phase 2 (gary to 10%) before 3rd intermission (after 2nd set of adds)
- Everyone stay alive and kill adds on empowered whirl
- Heroism when he moves to middle for P3.
- Stack up and continue to move when needed for weapons. Do not kill weapons do not kill adds. WE MUST STILL BREAK MIND CONTROL, all dps on Gary /win
Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
- Sun Tzu

Phatal

Postby Kaidyn » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:36 pm

Sounds like a good plan. The little I was able to read up on seems to have been captured and I think I understand those sha adds better for myself.

Let's get Gary down!
Kaidyn

Ever have one of those nights...

Postby doktorpope » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:03 pm

Well last night was one for me...just could not call up my A game. I have been trying to do catch up from my "waterboarding" two weeks at corporate....but enough about me.

I am on the fence as to either extend or shoot for gear, especially with 4 war forged coins burning a hole in my pocket.

So for your consideration....

Do ONE hour of Garry, and if we have not downed, we reset to fresh. So we either get the kill or use this week to get back to that bastard. I am retooling a few things (button and macro wise) for Garry including hurry up feathers for faster movement between desecrated weapons. I also have my heal bars set so if things get crazy I can assist. I also discovered en error in my Void Shift button, so at least I will have one more tool in my armamentarium.

I could really use a few more DPS items, as 170k is not to my liking...as well as two stupid deaths.

So let me know your thoughts

Pope
doktorpope

Postby balterex » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:37 pm

I am all on the side of killing garrosh.

Back in the day we used to be able to get a group for a monday run every now and then....If everyone can come monday we could try for garrosh again or start a fresh run if no one is saved. If we get a half group maybe we could pug some?

The thought of running immersus - protectors - noru - sha again makes me cringe.
balterex

Postby Phatal » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:00 pm

I like the idea of doing Monday and they fresh Tuesday.

That said...

Balt has placed a run on Monday night on the calendar. If we get at least 8 of our team to come then we will do gary pulls on Monday. I would LOVE for the whole team to come because I know we are really close.

Please "vote" using the in-game calendar.

If we do not have enough, Balt and I will PUG a fresh run so we can start ahead of the game on Tuesday.
Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
- Sun Tzu

Phatal

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Team Pages