UPDATE: Oondasta world boss, no longer drops loot on xrealm

Talkin' 'bout the guild!

UPDATE: Oondasta world boss, no longer drops loot on xrealm

Postby Tooroot » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:23 pm

Just though I would share a few screenshots from today's run on Oondasta

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=69161/oondasta#encounter

Last edited by Tooroot on Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tooroot

Re: Oondasta world boss

Postby Dairies » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:36 pm

About how many people were there for the kill?
Dairies

Postby Rhett » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:13 am

I know there were at least 3 raid groups, and 2 of them were full, not sure about the third. From the sounds of it there were also a lot of people there, but not in a raid group when the boss got pulled. It was a lot of fun, I'd say somewhere around 125 people.

To be honest, given all the buildup, I was expecting it to be almost impossible but it was actually pretty easy. Granted it was just a graveyard zerg, and it's hard to tune a boss for 100+ people. I hope Blizzard puts more of these types of bosses in, there are pretty neat to see.

We need a "Convert to Raid Oondasta" guild now. :)
Rhett

Postby Tooroot » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:31 am

BoredMind wrote:About how many people were there for the kill?

There were at least full 2 groups of 40 people and a small group that was trying to fill right before the pull.

It was large enough that I was running on my mammoth in front of the group yelling "FREEDOM"!!!! to see what William Wallace felt like before battle.
Tooroot

Postby Rulueashk » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:55 pm

Okay so 5 (five!) raid groups together took Oondasta down on Cenarion Circle while the CtR live show was on. We had a "stay behind him & burn him down" strategy which did work in this case without a wipe.

I was dead & nearly back to my body when Oon went down (I got killed when he turned too fast for me even though I was on lowest graphic settings). No sign of loot or achievement. After awhile though, I DID receive a Shiny Pile of Refuse in the mail (28g if I remember right). Still no achievement but I will update if that changes.

I accepted battletag invites as soon as I saw them but Oon was already dead; very sorry to those who didn't make it over to join me!

Someone on Oondasta's wowhead comments suggested NOT releasing your spirit if Oondasta is under 5% health. I don't know if I can make myself not try to help. And I don't know if that will get you the achievement anyway. Anybody have experience with that?

ETA: I see that "don't release" was being covered on the show while I was distracted from the show ahaha...
Rulueashk

Postby Tooroot » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:58 am

So major update all, this boss can no longer be Xrealmed for loot!!! Blizz is saying that it is causing server stability issues.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8197860389#1

We’re in the process of implementing a hotfix that will remove players’ eligibility to receive loot from Oondasta and Nalak, The Storm Lord if they’re not on their home realm.

We think it’s great that encounters like Oondasta have been able to bring back some of the excitement of massive spontaneous outdoor raids. However, with cross-realm groups giving the ability to play with friends on each other’s realms, the amount of people concentrating on a single realm to try to zerg these bosses down can unfortunately cause a number of stability issues, impacting the availability of the game for everyone.

While Nalak isn’t available yet, we want to preemptively address this so that the first realm to unlock it doesn’t then become the single focus for the rest of the region.

Here’s the hotfix note that’ll be added to the blog shortly:

Players visiting a different realm are no longer eligible to receive loot from Oondasta or Nalak, The Storm Lord.
Tooroot

Re: UPDATE: Oondasta world boss, no longer drops loot on xre

Postby Hokie » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:11 pm

Good to know! This is unfortunate because it will be much more difficult to get your weekly kill. Kind of bummed they decided on this.
Image Image
Hokie

Re: UPDATE: Oondasta world boss, no longer drops loot on xre

Postby xazul » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:57 am

It is not easy to convert to raid guild policies and rules because that rules are made by the signal media. If you want to convert first you should know about top assignment writing services of the signals media network and take permission.
xazul

Return to General Guild Discussion