[Updated 8.18.16]Guild Credo
C-T-R / Community - Teamwork - Respect
Guild Mission Statement
The Convert to Raid guild has been created and designed to offer a unique and vibrant atmosphere for all players in Azeroth who share the love for one of World of Warcraft’s most prominent aspects; and to embrace this with other like-minded individuals. We want players from all levels of the spectrum to feel right where they belong - with friends in a wonderful community. Welcome home raiders.Guild Charter
The Convert to Raid guild is a community guild that was created by the founders of the Convert to Raid podcast on the Aerie Peak server solely for the purpose to offer a haven and a home for raiders - where friends and guild members can come together and enjoy the game they love. While our main focus is bonding with the guild through raiding and the friendships you will make here, we also welcome PvP or Roleplaying. We believe that players of World of Warcraft should be given the opportunity to experience multiple aspects of the game - and that a lack of experience or knowledge does not necessarily imply a lack of aptitude, and should not be frowned upon. We house players from all walks of life, creeds, skill levels and personalities. We expect you to treat fellow guild members and the World of Warcraft community with respect and kindness. Your actions reflect on the guild just as much as they are reflect on you.
The guild policy will be published on the Policies and Rules page. Claiming to be unaware of these policies will not be excused. Every member is expected to be familiar with the guild policies and abide by them. If you are having problems with another member who is violating these policies and you don’t think you can resolve the issue on your own, let an officer know or send e-mail to the officers at email@example.comApplying For Admission
Membership is available to all players who share the same goals and ideas as we do. All prospective guild members must be Alliance, able to join our guild on the Aerie Peak server and have leveled their characters to the required minimum level and filed an application before any further action is taken. To apply please visit: http://www.converttoraid.com/apply
New applications are welcome at any time. Once accepted they must join the CTRLFO in-game channel and ask for an officer. Invitations for additional characters once you have a character in the Convert to Raid guild are welcome and needs no other application! There is currently no limit on how many characters you can have in the guild.
We do try to make sure every new member and alt gets an invite in a timely manner. The best times to ask for an invites will be during peak hours of activity on the server (roughly 4-7p server time Monday-Friday, noon-5p Saturdays and 2-6p Sundays). However, there may be an officer available in the CTRLFO channel at any time day or night to assist you.
If an officer isn't present or available, we appreciate your patience and understanding. If problems persist, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
so that we can set up an appointment.Characters
• To join the guild, an application for your first character must be submitted at: http://www.converttoraid.com/apply
• All characters must be at least level 15 to be invited to the guild. At level 15 you can run your first dungeon! Death Knights must be level 60. Demon Hunters must be level 100.
• Any character inactive for MORE THAN 60 DAYS may be removed from the guild. The only exception to the two month rule is if the character is placed on Extended Leave. This is a special circumstance guild rank and is only available to characters who have submitted a request to the officer core and been approved.
• This is a family friendly guild, with that in mind everything in all public channels must be family friendly, this includes names. Any character with a name deemed offensive will not be accepted into the guild. If a character already in the guild receives complaints you may be requested to get a name change (either through being reported, or paying) otherwise you may be considered acting contrary to guild policies.Member Conduct
Community, Teamwork and Respect. The Convert to Raid guild is an all-ages, family-friendly guild. Members are expected to keep their conversations in the forums, guild chat, and in Mumble lounge/public channels and guild event groups (both official and unofficial groups) suitable for children. We will not tolerate any discrimination based upon race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, veteran status, ancestry, national or ethnic origin. While a healthy rivalry between in-game factions and races is acceptable, we require civil and courteous behavior towards the real people behind the keyboards, this extends to public Looking for Dungeons, Looking for Raids and interactions with the greater World of Warcraft community.
Members should refrain from discussing politics, religion, illegal activities, sexual orientation, or explicit sexual acts in the guild forums, guild chat, and in Mumble lounge/public channels and within guild event groups. These topics tend to be inflammatory due to the large and diverse makeup of the guild.
If an officer investigates a situation involving a Convert to Raid member who is not following the guild credo and policies repercussions are up to officer interpretation but in extreme cases may include expulsion from the guild(of all characters). If guild members wish to appeal any officer decisions please feel free to contact: email@example.com
• Members may not harass other guild members or players outside of the guild. If a player asks you to cease contacting or interacting with them, please respect their wishes.
• All members must abide by Blizzard’s EULA (http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/le ... _eula.html
• Members may not beg for gold or items.
• Please no Recount/Skada healing/damage parses, macros, or other items that maybe considered spam in guild chat or other auxiliary channels.
• Members are expected to discuss requests, concerns, or disputes directly with the officers by sending e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.orgRaiding and Other Team Play
The Convert to Raid guild is by no means a ‘strictly raiding guild’. We have no set team that you must apply for. With that said, the guild does not officially organize or designate raid teams, small teams or team leaders. If you wish to participate in raids or small teams please contact those members who have taken it upon themselves to organize teams or form a team yourself. While the officers of Convert to Raid do not get involved in raid team management, all of the guild policies apply in raid settings. Remember that you are still expected to treat every member in your raid group with respect and to conduct yourself in a civil manner(e.g. in loot distribution or when recruiting/interacting with other teams). Raid teams are welcome to recruit from outside and inside the Convert to Raid guild.
• If a team finds a player not in the guild and wants them brought into the guild for their team and cannot find an officer to help, they will need to contact the officers at email@example.com
• Teams may be asked to migrate from one co-guild to another within the Convert to Raid guild as needed, this is to help maintain a healthy and stable environment for each co-guild.
• As in all guild dealings, raiders are expected to consider the impact actions will have on others, and act in good faith toward team members, as well as any other team. Communication is key. We want to remind everyone that you represent the Convert to Raid guild as a whole.
Roleplaying and PvP
All members are more than welcome to set up Roleplay and PvP teams within the guild with others who may share an interest in it. Both activities are appreciated and encouraged so long as it follows the guild credo and policies.Guild Bank Policy
Being a raiding community, but also a social community, we want our guild bank to represent who we are. We feel it is important to separate these two points. We’d like for the properly marked tabs in our guild bank to be used for their purpose - such as, a General tab would contain item like BoE’s, pets, vanity items or things that represent a ‘general’ category whereas a Pots/Flasks tab will contain pots/flasks for current tier raiding. What we don’t want to see are things like Bottles of Big Mojo or Crunchy Crab Legs deposited into the guild bank. We want to keep it clean and efficient.
The last three tabs in every guild are earmarked for our raiding community. We recognize many teams have opted to have their own bank guilds to maintain their supplies in; however, we also know there may be times a team might needs feasts, flasks, or gems and enchants for new gear while in the midst of a raid. We encourage guild members and teams to contribute to these tabs for those "middle of the raid" moments. Remember, if you're borrowing supplies another team has deposited in there, please make sure to repay the favor and replace the supplies! Happy Hunting!Mumble
• The Mumble server is for the use of all guild members. The server and its information is not permitted to players outside of the guild unless prior permission has been granted by the officers.
• Channels marked "DND" are considered do-not-disturb channels. If you wish to join a channel marked DND to participate or merely listen, please ask one of the members in the channel first via whisper.
• The use of software agents to play background music is permitted in channels that are not considered lounge channels if no participants in the channel have an objection and the music itself does not violate the guild policies.
• Recording in a channel may only be done with express permission of all members in the channel, explicit notification of the members in the channel, and within the constraints of applicable laws. Behave like you would in guild chat, no unruly behavior or adulterated discussions in the lounge channels.Auxiliary Channels
The Convert to Raid guild is large enough that we ask our membership to use in-game chat channels for looking for officer (CTRLFO), looking for groups/more (CTRLFG) and Trade(Trade - City). These channels are not directly moderated by the Convert to Raid officer core, however we do still ask our membership to not disrupt or disturb other players. That is why we ask that any macros used in these channels be single line macros, and to try to keep your posts as minimal as possible. We do consider these channels public Convert to Raid guild channels and all rules that apply to guild chat apply here.Guild RanksFirelord
Guild Master, has the final say in all decisions, however all decisions are discussed with the Iron Council first.The Iron Council
The Council have the same responsibilities as Officers, but are also responsible for handling escalations of guild policy issues, managing resources as well as sitting in on decisions with the guild leader and offering counsel.Majordomo
These are our department heads for all activity within the guild, including Events, the Welcome Committee, Raid Liaisons, online management and more.Emissary
Consists of guild founders and other special advisors, counsels the Guild Master in matters of discussion as well as handling matters brought up by the Iron Council.Officer
Officers assist with bringing in new members and resolving all guild-related conflicts, assisting Raid Leaders with team management, creating and hosting guild events and more. An officer is any guild member's first stop for more information.Raid Leader
A confirmed, active raiding leader of the Convert to Raid community, Raid Leaders are allowed to access the Raiding bank tabs in order to facilitate the needs of their raid team.Raider
This rank is for ALL MAXIMUM LEVEL CHARACTERS AND LEGACY RAIDERS with additional use of repairs and items in the guild bank. Extended Leave
This rank was created for members of the Convert to Raid guild who with an approved reason are stepping away from the game for a period longer than two months to avoid being removed for inactivity. To apply for this rank please send a request with the reasons supporting it to firstname.lastname@example.org
.The Molten Core
A full-fledged member and an integral part of the our community - along with the full responsibility and privilege of being a member of our guild. Comes with a shiny asparagus badge to pin on your cape.Remember the Credo: Community - Teamwork - Respect