The Beating A Dead Horse Topic: Frequent Topics Guild Chat

This is the forum for The Converted, a podcast devoted to the Convert to Raid Guild community on Aerie Peak US (Alliance).

The Beating A Dead Horse Topic: Frequent Topics Guild Chat

Postby kedrin » Thu May 29, 2014 4:31 pm

Often I see recurrent themes and patterns in guild chat that could easily be answered in a forum thread. This would be a great place to answer these and point others to when well, guild chat becomes congested (which would require an interesting medley of medications and a regimen of fluids to circumvent). So here is an interesting idea for a forum post which will probably be deleted as soon as it sees the light of day, or it may not see the light of day at all.

To start it off, I see a lot of speculation on what will happen once Azeroth choppers is over and a faction has received it's bike. Will the Alliance not have it's bike once the horde wins or vice versa? Although this is my speculation shared with many others, I believe there will be an interval of time where the faction that won will get their bike, and then the other will be released. Another idea is that the second bike might be released at the same time as the first one, but that it will take something to actually get it, maybe gold, maybe some sort of a grind of shame, who knows, but it will arrive. The point is that we won't know what Blizzard is going to do in the end. This I do know (though I can't prove it nor do I have any inside information). Both Bike models are already "in game" and after voting there won't be waiting to get the winner their bike. So why waste man hours not releasing both bikes?
kedrin

Re: The Beating A Dead Horse Topic: Frequent Topics Guild Ch

Postby Prae » Fri May 30, 2014 4:26 pm

As soon as I heard that there was going to be a vote and that both bikes are going to be physcally made I figured they would both end up in the game and the whole thing was just a ploy to bring up community morale/support...

"you know the vote's where so close we decided that we are going to give them both to you...." type of thing..
Praetee-Disc priest, Sherage-Prot pally, Missrage-Hunter
Prae

Dead Horse: I Hope you Are Sitting Down, CTR is Alliance.

Postby kedrin » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:16 pm

It happens about once a day, and I am being conservative. Someone announces/proclaims/complains their angst over CTR being an alliance guild. This has been going on since it's inception, although I wasn't there, but there are a couple of old gnomes in rocking chairs (very small rocking chairs) that will regale you with this tale of woe. Zhug, Koltraine, and Company have answered this on the podcast/town hall meetings as well. So your mentioning it in guild chat is only stirring a pot that has been stewing for the internet version of centuries. I could go into the whole horde/alliance thing, but why engage? It's all pretty much been said. If you don't like being in an alliance guild, roll horde. No one is twisting your arm, no one is forcing you to marry the alliance and live in the trade district of Stormwind. No one is forcing you to refinance your alliance home so you can buy an alliance Nissan Sentra and have to work an alliance job the rest of your life.
kedrin

Return to The Converted