CTR Survivor

This is the forum for The Converted, a podcast devoted to the Convert to Raid Guild community on Aerie Peak US (Alliance).

CTR Survivor

Postby Sal » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:10 am

I said I was gonna make a post for your thoughts on CTR Survivor and here it is!

Belshnickle has a crazy idea about getting a bunch of CTR peeps together on a beach to battle it out Survivor style.

Anybody have ideas about how to make this a reality?

All ideas are welcome!

Visit me on my WoW Blog at http://www.TheyCallMeSal.com or my podcast at http://www.ConvertedPodcast.com
Sal

Re: CTR Survivor

Postby Seth » Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:07 pm

Last edited by Seth on Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seth

Postby remedeez » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:44 am

Ohhhh boy!!

So many thoughts on this!!

Firstly, of course, I am willing to submit a formal application to host the show, if that spot is up for grabs. I am studying broadcast journalism, and I believe an opportunity like this will help me bolster my portfolio in terms of a real career.

Secondly, I'm working with my husband and we're trying to see if we can snag some Army Medics to provide 24hr emergency medical staff. They could receive community service credit if it all works out, so I'll let the committee of this CtR Survivor know if we do get that set up. :)

Thirdly, I think Bel mentioned it to me but I think this thing would benefit from having a planning committee.

Fourthly, I told Bel that once this is a for-sure thing, I am ready to set up a website (such as ctrsurvivor.com or whatever) where there will be a back-end collaboration for all those involved in planning and supporting. There will be a front-end (website) that will detail the schedule of events, places to watch the "show", social media links and whatever else. I am fully prepared to host this website myself, and get it up, with any contributions from those involved, including layout, design etc. Whatever everyone prefers.

Financially, I am willing to contribute as well. I can also get a GoFundMe or Kickstarter set up (whichever suits the needs of this better will be used). And I can donate some as well, on top of funding the website.

So there's my 2copper for this, hope its useful!!!

REALLY REALLY EXCITED!!!
Image Image Image
remedeez

Postby OG23 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:56 pm

Thank you Seth and Remedeez!! Sorry for the delayed response. I plan to look into this further over the next few weeks. Of course there are a ton of logistics to making something like this happen. I have spoken to people who know for a fact that the particular islands I have in mind can be camped on and fires etc. can be had. My first priority at this point is seeing if we can use the island/s for something like this and what all is needed (permits etc.)

Once that is established and I can get some dates, I plan to look into the legal aspects of this. Waivers/Liability etc. I plan on talking to a local film school to see if they would be willing to use this as a "project" for some of their students. There is soo much to do and so many things to research. I really appreciate your enthusiasm (both of you). Once these ground floor steps have been completed I will be in touch to establish committees for planning (events, filming, hosting, etc. etc. ) Let me get this stuff done before we proceed. I plan to make a "business" type plan for this to see what kind of cost we will be looking at to see if it is even feasible. I am willing to do what it takes to see if this can in fact happen. Keep the ideas coming!

Thanks again. We will be in touch!:)
OG23

Postby Sportius » Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:36 pm

Hey Guys

Just want to say i would so be down for this or to Help out, but just like you Belshnickle im competitive so i might have to be in it. Just need a little bit of Notice of course to get down there from Canada but ill be
definitely keep an eye out for more info.
ImageImage

Twitter=@Kitchensink_CTR
Sportius

Postby babage » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:55 am

Thank you Seth and Remedeez!! Sorry for the delayed response. I plan to look into this further over the next few weeks. Of course there are a ton of logistics to making something like this happen. I have spoken to people who know for a fact that the particular islands I have in mind can be camped on and fires etc. can be had. My first priority at this point is seeing if we can use the island/s for something like this and what all is needed (permits etc.)
babage

Return to The Converted