Blizzcon Planning Committee Intro and Signup!

Re: Blizzcon Planning Committee Intro and Signup!

Postby Red » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:15 pm

Hey hey! I would love to help out!

I am defiantly GOING TO BLIZZCON! I have experience planning events, however primarily in a university setting. Things like Organization and Career Fairs, Student Organization Banquets and things of that nature. Lost of risk management. I also have quite a bit of social media experience, my internship last summer featured a TON of social media research. On top of running a couple different Facebook and Twitter profiles for student organizations.

I don't know how helpful i can be with my limited experience, but I would really like to help out in any way that I can!!

Red
Red

How can we help?

Postby Oldendum » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:34 pm

Way excited about BlizzCon already! My wife and I have our tix and hotel reservation. Sadly, we have none of the valuable skills you need, except "boots on the ground" starting Thursday Nov 7. We are more than willing to help with whatever "grunt work" may be needed (fetching pizzas, making a beer run, finding a bail bondsman etc.). Or if you get a Kickstarter or similar going to defray costs, we are happy to contribute. See y'all there.
Oldendum

Postby SpencerHD » Wed May 01, 2013 3:58 am

I am signed up.
SpencerHD
Site Admin

Postby Ariyah » Wed May 01, 2013 3:28 pm

To add to my original post:

I've decided against purchasing a ticket, but since I've got the hotel, flight and time off work I will be in Anaheim At this time. I figure I might as well take a vacation then and hope we have enough people there but don't have tickets so that we can plan other things.
Besides, after hearing about the grossness of Blizzcon (the lack of showers people take, etc) I thought it might be best to stay out of there. What can I say, I'm a girlie girl lol
Ariyah

Postby Megacode » Thu May 02, 2013 1:50 am

I live 30 minutes away so can easily make it down to Anaheim to do a little foot work or whatever is needed. As we get closer groups will need to be formed to do alot of the grunt work so count me in. Ideas on the party:

1. Live CtR/ TTT with big screen for viewing
2. Games with prizes including some table top
3. Beverages (No Toilets) and Appetizers, more beverages
4. Just some good conversation with my guildies

Just throwing these out there since they seemed to be popular from prior Blizzcon parties I'd been too.

I will be attending Blizzcon and am booked already at the Anabella
Megacode
Site Admin

Postby Sal » Thu May 02, 2013 12:36 pm

I'd love to help. I don't live anywhere near by, so I can't be on the ground. I have planned a bunch of events for 500+ people. (on my 30th birthday, I threw myself a concert and charged admission....haha) but they all happened in Asia. If ya need an idea girl....

Visit me on my WoW Blog at http://www.TheyCallMeSal.com or my podcast at http://www.ConvertedPodcast.com
Sal

Postby Daisho » Mon May 06, 2013 2:41 pm

Can I make a suggestion, if there are enough people that respond? CTR t-shirts? So we can recognize each other. So I can slap a shirt on me and my wife and when we see other CTR members at the local bar, its shots all around!

We only do this once a year, if that, so it's worth the cost. I'd even be as nerdy as to put my toon name on the shirt. Of course my wife would be N/A, since she doesn't play. Or "I'm with the nerd Daisho". Either one would work.
Daisho

Postby goldiekatsu » Mon May 06, 2013 4:39 pm

I'd like to help out. I'll be coming in on Thursday and renting a car. I've organized some events (conference, large communal meals, smaller gatherings), have been known to have an odd sense of humor (not sure if this an asset) and can be creative at times.
goldiekatsu

Postby Hokie » Wed May 08, 2013 5:40 pm

I will be attending for sure and would like to help in anyway I can. I do have experience in the Hotel industry as well as planning and leading projects. One thing I would like to see is organized transportation from LAX/etc to the convention center hotels.

Please let me know how I can be of assistance.
Image Image
Hokie

Postby Hawgeye » Fri May 10, 2013 1:21 am

Hokie,
For people who aren't renting a car, there's a good bus service that goes directly from LAX and SNA (John Wayne) to Disneyland resort area. I don't know if the ONT airport has similar service to the D'land area. These busses would probably be the easiest and cheapest plan.
Hawgeye

PreviousNext

Return to Blizzcon Committee