Blizzard looking to hear from military players

Talkin' 'bout the guild!

Blizzard looking to hear from military players

Postby Katherinn » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:07 pm

CM Crithto (the pug) posted today on Twitter:

"If you're a veteran or active military, I'm curious to know, has World of Warcraft had an impact on your life?"

He's on Twitter at @CM_Crithto if you want to contribute

Website: http://wowinthedetails.com The WoW is in The Details!
Twitter: @wowinthedetails
Katherinn

Re: Blizzard looking to hear from military players

Postby Sommer » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:01 am

I know this post is old but I thought I would comment on it.

I am a veteran who served in the Air Force Reserves for over 9 years before Hurricane Andrew wiped out my base in Florida in 1992. Because of my MOS, I would have had to pick a new MOS for a new base or take the option to get out. So I opt out since I did not want to face the thought of going to war again like I did in 1991. Our stuff was on pallets and we were close to shipping out within days, but the war ended and I could not have been more relieved to hear those words on TV and from our general.

Though I served only in the reserves, I would work as often as I could filling in when needed at our base. Being a young mom at that time, it helped to bring in a little extra money for us. Besides I loved being in the military, loved serving my country and I am glad I had that chance to be there with them.

Anyhow, that's the short and sweet story of my military life. The rest is well boring, and hard gruel work stories of a vet.

Sommer
P.S. Must Love Pancakes
Sommer

Return to General Guild Discussion