UI guild chat help

Talkin' 'bout the guild!

UI guild chat help

Postby ashden » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:43 pm

I have pretty much been using the default setup for ElvUI since MoP came out. But now that I am in a guild that actually has an active guild chat I got a headache trying to keep up with it. Any suggestions other than just making the font bigger to make it easy to read and keep up with the chat in an active guild like this?
ashden

Re: UI guild chat help

Postby NiteSwine » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:41 am

I also use ElvUI. I don't know if this will help, but I create several additional chat windows/tabs on the right side pane:

- G [for Guild] - only guild-related options are active (guild, guild officer, guild/member achievements, etc.)
- PR [for Party/Raid] - only party/raid-related options are active
- Info - for information-related items (loot, achieves, rep, skill-ups, etc.)

With a healthy, active guild (like ours /giddy), I don't monitor local, trade, etc. (those still exist in the default chat windows ElvUI provides) normally: I just have the Guild channel active. When active in a party/raid, I'll turn that one on so I don't miss any pertinent chat/raid info.

I use WIM for toon and RealID whispers.
NiteSwine

Postby ashden » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:20 pm

I will look at the options for chat windows in ElvUI when I get on and I probably should use WIM again for whispers probably will miss them otherwise now. Loving the active guild chat hopefully making those changes will make it easier to read and keep up with it.

EDIT: Just had to install WIM and make the chat box bigger with 13pt font instead of 12pt and it is much improved. Now the dilemma of watching guild chat more than playing the game..... Can't forget to mention get greenwall addon or you will miss out on part of guild chat!
ashden

Postby RobertaSaldana » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:39 am

I had to work on this view topic for a long time and it was something that was not good for best essay writing service. This was due to asking so many things at once and there was nothing in there.
RobertaSaldana

Return to General Guild Discussion