Blizzcon 2014

Talkin' 'bout the guild!

Re: Blizzcon 2014

Postby Rulueashk » Thu May 08, 2014 11:34 am

What Maraad said! It was a full 15 minutes before I was able to select tickets that went to the payment screen. Here's how it went (pay attention if you're trying on Saturday!):
1. Started refreshing a few minutes beforehand.
2. Saw tickets available on the dot, & selected my # of tickets & was placed in waiting room (DO NOT REFRESH while in the waiting room).
3. Eventually, got kicked from waiting room & saw that tickets were unavailable. Was reminded by some tweeters not to give up.
4. Kept refreshing. Many many times the ticket amount would be "unavailable" but every so often there would be a drop-down with varying numbers of tickets available up to the max of 4. Selected my number and hit "order now." Got returned to the ticket page where it said "unavailable" again, or occasionally another drop-down box. I was never returned to the waiting room.
5. Eventually, at 15 minutes, saw the pay now button, dropped my jaw and went into hyper-focus mode to get all my correct info entered while the prominent timer counted down from 8 minutes.
6. Got the "You're going to Blizzcon!" confirmation screen.

Right now I see tickets are listed as Sold Out.
The feedback screen took a long time to load each time I selected ticket quantities, but never failed.

DO NOT give up too soon!

Preps:
--Create a user account at Eventbrite? All I was able to do ahead of time was register email & password, but that was enough to save some time, as it was remembered when I made my purchase.
--Have your credit card number in a text file ready to copy/paste. (Note they will want the security code too.)
Rulueashk

Postby Tullibardine » Thu May 08, 2014 12:19 pm

If even considering buying on ebay this is something to think about, makes me at least not even think about it.
http://www.elvinelol.com/forums/showthread.php?1299
Tullibardine

Postby Kalani » Thu May 08, 2014 7:14 pm

My experience was almost identical to Rulueashk's. Got in and was in the waiting room within 10-15 seconds of it coming live, but ended up being kicked back to the purchase page. Kept refreshing and seeing tickets become available, but kept kicking back to the purchase page until around 10:11 or so, when I finally got a purchase page. Got my ticket eventually though!

So for those of you who will be trying again with the second batch, don't give up right away! Keep refreshing and trying!
Kalani

Postby Zaren » Sat May 10, 2014 1:48 am

If someone can get me a ticket, I would be interested in buying it! I would only need one as I am traveling solo this year! Please let me know!
Zaren

Postby Zaren » Sat May 10, 2014 3:05 pm

WOOT! Guess I don't need a BlizzCon Ticket any more!

Stayed with it and continued to refresh my window when I got back to the starting window. I finally got a purchase after frantically selecting number of tickets and click OK or whatever. (MANY TIMES!) Looked like it didnt take and was about to refresh again when I got the purchase! Had my heart pounding like the first time I was in a Raid! Like I said, I don't need a ticket now, but I know one of my Guildies would have my back! Congratz all!
Zaren

Postby deckholm » Sat May 10, 2014 6:48 pm

I am happy to announce that Eveliany and Mageadeath were able to get their tickets to Blizzcon this morning. Did the same thing as Wednesday, but this time the waiting room eventually got me the purchase screen. Hope that everyone trying for tickets were able to get what they needed.

Looking forward to meeting many of you in Anaheim.

Mageadeath
deckholm

Postby Zato » Mon May 12, 2014 2:22 pm

I was unable to get tickets once again on Sat - I was completely bummed.

But in my moment of despair I got a text from my brother... he got two tickets! Woohoo. Our streak is alive, this will be our 5th Blizzon.

See you guys there :).
Zato

Postby Tullibardine » Mon May 12, 2014 3:21 pm

Managed to get my tickets as well on Saturday, even if I did get annoyed when thrown out after waiting 6-7 minutes at the beginning, then after refreshing my 5 windows again managed to get nearly directly into the purchasing mode. The system is definitely a weird thing. Stating the first come first served seems a bit hollow to me. Seems to be more like get lucky and get them. Can only agree with what has been said above, just don't give up seems to be a definite thing when trying to get the tickets.
Tullibardine

Previous

Return to General Guild Discussion