Just a Few Questions!

Talkin' 'bout the guild!

Just a Few Questions!

Postby Mykael » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:02 pm

Hello CtR!

My name is Mike and I'm long time listener and active WoW enthusiast. I am a retired hardcore raider (*waves cane* get off my lawn!) and currently help lead the community division of a large gaming community. I have played WoW for years but the community I am part of doesn't have a WoW group that really fits my playing schedule. I work in law enforcement and my schedule can be kind of nuts and I still want to progress within this great game so when I saw the CtR and looked into it's design I was over the moon!

I guess here is my question: With my varied schedule, is it easy to pick up a flex team on the nights I am off and when I get off of work? I usually get home around 9PM Pst and stay up till about 12AM PST, sometimes later. Now my schedule can change and I'm hoping that it locks in my days off but I just wanted to know if this would be the best fit for me. I currently use the "Other Raid Tab" and LFR but let's be honest, they're a nightmare.

I'm hoping that this will be my home! I am more than willing to bring my family of 90's over to play with you all. What I'm excited about mostly is the community! I just want a home of decent folks I can play with for years to come. Laughs/Good times mean much more than epic loots.

Hope to hear from you guys soon,

-Mike
Mykael

Re: Just a Few Questions!

Postby Red » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:44 pm

Heya Mike!

Im generally on during the times you mentioned, and it seems that there are a lot of flex group looking during that time. We also have quite a few flex teams that raid regularly. The best way to figure out what is going on in CTR around the times you are available is to create a tiny level one (block guild invites, cause you'll be bombarded) on Aerie Peak, and /join ctrlfg. That's generally where we look for more :D It really varies from day to day as far as how much traffic it gets. On Tuesdays and Wednesdays its soooo crowded. But some Monday nights are a quite a bit less so.

Hope this help to answer your question!

Red
Red

Postby JFalcon » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:20 pm

Hi Mykael,

I am a new member of the CTR community myself. Just based on what I have seen it is very easy to find groups that are going all times of the day and night. PST is certainly a predominate time and the idea of flex is exactly what you are describing. The whole idea is you can come and go as needed. I have found folks very accommodating about this! As the say on the show, welcome home raider!

J
Tanking isn't just something I do, It's who I am!
JFalcon

Postby Mykael » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:28 am

Thanks for the feedback guys. I've been torn between this place and AIE on Earthen Ring. Is this group more raid/group orientated? AIE seems to be more community/guild events. I kinda want both honestly! Raiding is not fun w/o a strong community and people you can become close friends with.
Mykael

Return to General Guild Discussion