Team Swapping Etiquette

Talkin' 'bout the guild!

Team Swapping Etiquette

Postby sushie » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:15 am

Greetings CTR, its your old pal Sueshi here with a food for thought post.

As we close out the 5.2 raid tier (or any tier for that matter) we will inevitably see players move around a bit between teams. Whether it is due to scheduling, progression goals, or real life issues, players ultimately have to make the decision that is best for them. In a traditional guild with one raid team, this involves dropping guild to join another. However, in the Convert to Raid "mega-guild" this matter has to be handled more delicately due our continued interaction with each other and desire to promote team work and community.

If you are thinking of making a change, I would like to offer a couple tips to help with your transition in the interest preserving the ideals of our guild creedo.

-privately discuss your conflicts with your current raid leader to see if issues such as scheduling can be resolved when the new tier begins

-If your mind is made up that you are switching teams, NOTICE, NOTICE, NOTICE! give your team the same respect you would give an employer with proper notice of when you will be leaving.

-Be open & up front with your new raid team about your goals and scheduling limitations to avoid future issues.

-Raid teams become family after a while and it hurts to lose a member, but try not to take it personally.

If you are thinking about making a change in 5.4, I hope this helps you in some way.

Sincerely,
Sueshi
sushie

Re: Team Swapping Etiquette

Postby Seth » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:08 am

Last edited by Seth on Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seth

Postby Turarts » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:16 pm

I would like to add something to this. Please be honest! Nothing is worse than lying about why you are leaving, especially since your raid leader will find out sooner or later. I have heard of (and had it happen to me a few times) raid members saying that they were leaving for a real life reason, only to find out later that they wanted to be on a different team that raided the same times, they just didn't want to upset the raid team. As a raid leader, I think we understand that peoples raid team needs change. Please be honest about why you are leaving, raid leaders are not mean or horrible people, and we do understand!
Turarts

Postby aradag » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:06 pm

On the same coin, raid leaders need to be mindful and respectful of BOTH members AND TRIALS. I know being in a big guild such as CTR is fun but I feel like sometimes raid leaders just see this guild as a a pool of resources rather than actually people with lives. Communication is also key, if your a raid leader and you have X Y Z requirements be upfront and explain them, don't beat around the bush and say "Yeah we can will trial you." Without having given a proper explanation of what is expected from such event. I feel like raid leaders are terrible at being objective in terms of what it takes to earn a spot on a team. My point regardless, is that I agree with all that has been said in this thread but more over Integrity is a bigger concern in not just member switching teams but as a whole. Its just as easy to swap teams without warning as it is to be a raid leader that is unwelcoming and creating a negative environment that makes people not want to explain why they are leaving a team, to of all people that raid leader of the team they left.
aradag

Return to General Guild Discussion