Had some time today, so I thought I would start a thread based around the new patch that is coming out. I will try and keep the original updated, so please post your helpful hints for your fellow CTR peeps.
- How to get there: You will get a quest to speak with an NPC. Accepting the quest will give you an item to teleport you there.
- The Innkeeper and the Armor Repair vendor can be found on the North edge of the Celestial Court (between Chi-Ji and Niuzao).
- Mailbox is actually a Grummle named Hopswift. He is right behind Chi-Ji (North Side).
- Isle is located on the Southeast corner of your Pandaria map if you need to fly there.
- The Highwind Albatross' will pick you up and take you to places you normally cannot get to if you hit them. First hit, they will pick you up. Attack them again and they will lower so that when you kill them to free yourself you will not fall to your death. If you want a ride, don't use a dot.
- In order to raid Ordos, you need the Legendary Cloak. Once you have it, follow the path to The Blazing Way and to the bridge. Go to the edge of the broken bridge and you should be pulled across. Warlocks will not be able to summon, and if you try to enter the raid area w/o your cloak, you will be ported back to the Celestial Court.
- You can explore outside the raid area near Ordos without the cloak, just cannot enter the raid area. You can get there by what people are calling Albatross Airlines (hitting a Highwind Albatross and then refreshing your drink while it flies you over there).
- You only need to get your Legendary Cloak on one of your characters. Your alts can raid Ordos after you get your cloak on your main Source
- Location of Rare Elites and Chests. Use of mods like NPCScan and Silverdragon will probably help, but they show up on your Mini Map.
- Loot you get from Rare mobs is interesting. You get an account-bound "token", not necessarily for the class you are currently playing (meaning a Mage can get Leather, Plate or Mail), that when clicked will transform into an item based off of your current spec. So as a Mage, I may get a leather head item that I can mail to my Druid. My Druid will want to be in the Spec I want the item to be based off of before clicking it.
- You can turn the 496 gear tokens into 535 gear tokens with a Burden of Eternity (50000 Timeless Coins). You must upgrade the 496 token with the Burden of Eternity to 535, then turn it into an item. It appears you cannot upgrade an already existing piece of this 496 gear. Source via SpencerHD's helpful link below.
- Your first Burden of Eternity can be gotten for free from a Blazing Chest that is located in Ordon's Sanctuary. You can get there using Albatross Airlines even if you do not have the cloak. I do not think the area is protected. Stealthers can loot the chest w/o needing to kill the elites. You can death hop it if you need to, or employ a rogue to group stealth you in. Stand behind the chest, between the two Molten Protectors and you can open it w/o being attacked. Unfortunately you cannot use multiple 90 alts to transfer upgraded tokens to one character out of the gate; they thought of that. When you use your Burden of Eternity (soulboud) on your token, it automatically transforms the token into the soulbound item. Does not mean you cannot farm the token you want for each alt however to fill in the spot that is needed the most with a 535.
- Your second Burden can be obtained from this quest: http://ptr.wowhead.com/quest=33343#see-also
- If you are in an unorganized PUG, the Celestials (especially Niuzao) WILL KILL YOU. Group up with your CtR buddies and beg for heals. At least read up on abilities or watch a video. Chi-Ji for instance has a LOT of avoidable damage, but it will quickly turn into a corpse run zergfest if you go in blind. WARNING - these guys are NOT Nalak, and will kill you. Please, please, please do your guildies a favor and watch the vids.
- Even if you are not close to your legendary cloak, kill the Celestials weekly anyway. While the loot table is shared between all four Celestials, you can receive loot from each different Celestial once a week. This means you get four chances at loot from the Celestials' loot table if you defeat all of them each week. Source
Siege of Orgrimmar
- Entrance is below what was once the Central Lake (between the Horde and Alliance shrines). The giant column of white sha energy is like an arrow pointing to the location.
- The meeting stone (no idea why you would need it) is located outside the little room before you go in and a little up the hill (by The Emperor's Burden Part 8).
- Flex raiding is just an an added menu item in /lfr. Put 10-25 people together, go into your LFR menu select Flex and the wing you wish to do and click Start Raid. Kinda like how you would queue for LFR today except with a full Raid.
- Wing 1 of Flex should be open during the first week along with Normals. On the 2nd week, Heroic should open with LFR (wing 1). Basically your raiding options in the first week for SoO will be Flex and or Normal (separate lockouts). This is subject to change. Source
- The Legendary Cloak animation will show even if you have it hidden. Like everything, some will love that, and others hate it (I am not a fan).
- If you need another Legendary Cloak, you can purchase the Epic Drape (8000g) and Timeless Essence (100g) from the Supplier to the Black Prince at the Tavern in the Mists.
- There is currently a bug on the PTR where you have your Cloak, but cannot get across the bridge or into the Ordos raid area. I purchased a new cloak and it worked. I really doubt it will follow us into Live, but if it does and you really want to raid him, that is how I fixed it.
- Need to play catch-up or gear out an alt? Timeless Isle is a good place to start, but also know that Reputation requirements as well as Costs are being lowered for old factions. Item #8 from SpencerHD's helpful link below.