Shoutbox

Have a great idea, an issue, or whatnot for everyone to put in their two copper? This is the place!

Shoutbox

Postby homesauce » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:38 pm

Hi All,

New recruit here to CTR - love the concept and can see CTR as a permanent home for a (now) casual player.

One thing I really liked in my old guild was a website shoutbox - it was a great way to communicate dynamically. I see that quite a few members/officers are super active on twitter which is somewhat similar. But the shoutbox is a great place to have general conversation or even to post semi-random events (LFR/etc).

As an aside - as a new member I'm digging into finding LFR groups, Flex, filling bench spots, etc. I do read the forums/etc, but things can change quick and that LFR group that was running in december might no longer be running now. Maybe I'm just missing a communication channel?

Watched the townhall which was very helpful!
homesauce

Re: Shoutbox

Postby Dairies » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:29 pm

We actually did run a shoutbox like system for a few months of the forums. It was rarely used and wasn't worth the extra bandwidth/server load for the 5-10 messages a week that it saw. Most communication is done in game or in mumble between groups it seems, the shoutbox just didn't fit into any of that.
Dairies

Return to Guild Suggestions