CtR for Dummies

Have a great idea, an issue, or whatnot for everyone to put in their two copper? This is the place!

CtR for Dummies

Postby Premach » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:55 am

As a Greeter, I have the opportunity to meet a lot of folks new to the CTR guild. They all have the same questions, and it would be so helpful to be able to refer them to a single source for information; hence, CtR for Dummies. Before I invest a boatload of time, though, I wonder if this hasn't already been done, and I just don't have the link. If it's out there, please let me know! Otherwise, I'm thinking along these lines:

=======
Preface: Guild overview - link to web site, explanation of credo
Chapter 1: Guild Application - where it is, how to complete and submit
Chapter 2: CTRLFO - how to join, how to find the published hours, how to request an invite, how to leave the channel, how to turn off announcements
Chapter 3: Ranks - guild ranks and how to request changes
Chapter 4: Greenwall - what it does, how to get it, and how to turn on/off achievement spam
Chapter 5: Guild forums - where they are, how to create an account, how to search, finding new posts, creating a signature
Chapter 6: Guild bank - policies on deposits & withdrawals
Chapter 7: Mumble - how to install, configure, and log in, party vs raid channels, frequently used channels, dnd channels
Chapter 8: Miscellaneous - inactivity/account removal, requesting reinstatement
Chapter 9: Contacts: GM, Officers, Greeters (? maybe), professions (how to search)
=======

I know most of this is already documented, but don't know if there's a single document with links to it all. And also, since almost everything is subject to change, it would need to be updated frequently. I'm willing to do that, but again, it would be awesome if it's already out there, and I'm the only noob that didn't know!
Premach

Re: CtR for Dummies

Postby SpencerHD » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:59 pm

If you are looking for this information, it's in the thing you agreed to have read when you joined :D

viewtopic.php?f=58&t=1671

This is for how to use mumble:
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=311

We are working on an audio format for this content.

SpencerHD
SpencerHD
Site Admin

Postby Premach » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:06 am

Sorry about that, Spencer. I found your EXCELLENT documentation shortly after hitting submit, then immediately got distracted by motes and never got back to this thread. I'll point new recruits at those two links.

Premach

Postby Isilador » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:33 pm

Hey,

What about the idea of having a Forum Map somewhere extremely easy to find for those new to the forums. With how quickly the forums are growing I find it would be beneficial to new members to see a forum map somewhere on the forums.
Isilador

Postby SpencerHD » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:49 pm

Great idea,

The forums have been a point of frustration and confusion for some of our members. We have several projects in the works that will hopefully help with this. But a map is a neat visual idea for it. Thanks for the suggestion!

SpencerHD
SpencerHD
Site Admin

Postby incolnrieur » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:54 am

The essence of the activity is identified for the hosting of the persons. Most of the constituents of the picture and essaymania review are advantageous for the future offers for the humans. This range is identified for the removal of the bad taste of the persons.
incolnrieur

Return to Guild Suggestions