New CTR channel

Have a great idea, an issue, or whatnot for everyone to put in their two copper? This is the place!

New CTR channel

Postby Bullet Catcher » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:51 pm

Yes I know we have quite a few already but hear me out. After listening to the Press Y podcast, I started thinking. If you want to group up we have LFG but usually people are getting together for LFR and HS, but getting groups for achievement runs can be a little harder because not everyone is into collecting those nerd points. What about a converttoachieve chat channel for people looking for others who want to get achievements or talk about how to get them, do them, or anything like that? Just a thought, would love to hear some feedback, discussion about this.
Bullet Catcher

Re: New CTR channel

Postby SpencerHD » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:01 am

I find the more channels we have the more we split our membership, or feel required to join a bunch of channels. I like the idea of a place to organize and host achievement runs, but I think doing that through pickup groups formed on the forums is fine. Any groups formed in CTRLFG are always welcome. The benefit to using CTRLFG is you end up with more people to potentially help you get the job done. I know it's hard to find people to do achievement runs, why make that exposure any smaller when searching for people? You never know when someone who doesn't normally consider and achievement run will decide it's what they want to do that afternoon.

I would say keep using CTRLFG, you get more people seeing your posts about a group. Use the forums, get the word out there in advance. Try forming an achievement team, make a schedule for what you are doing each week, get it out there and see who signs up.

SpencerHD
SpencerHD
Site Admin

Return to Guild Suggestions