Special Guild Rank for Good Deeds

Have a great idea, an issue, or whatnot for everyone to put in their two copper? This is the place!

Special Guild Rank for Good Deeds

Postby Phatal » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:00 pm

I have recently been reading a great blog written by a guild leader who established and ran a guild called Descendants of Draenor on Deathwing-US. If you are interested in a well written memoir of a guild leader from vanilla who saw his raid guild go through all of the trials associated with a large guild, this is a GREAT read.

http://eightyearsinazeroth.blogspot.com/

Start at the beginning. I couldn't put it down.

Anyways, I thought that he had a good idea in his large guild that could work well for CtR. This guild has a special rank, available to anyone, that allowed members to be recognized for "random acts of kindness". Essentially it was a motivationally tool to reward members, whether they were casual or hardcore, for promoting values of the guild. It would involve allowing the member to be temporarily promoted, to hang out with the officers in /o chat and also to be allowed access to loot despite not being a full time raider. Now, not all of these "rewards" apply to CtR but, it could be cool to allow players who go above and beyond to be rewarded. I am sure that members would love the chance to hang out for a week in /o chat or perhaps be given a spot in a run with the officers - even for an old raid. Furthermore, the promotion would be publicly announced on the forums and those who sre recognized would be encouraged. I think the way they did it included guildies recommending other guildies for the temporary promotion.

I thought this sounded like a great way to encourage members to act in a positive manner in game. Maybe it is too much of a logistial nightmare but if its feasible, I think this would be very cool.
Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
- Sun Tzu

Phatal

Re: Special Guild Rank for Good Deeds

Postby Mazer » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:39 am

That was an amazing read, thanks for sharing the blog.
Mazer

Re: Special Guild Rank for Good Deeds

Postby PatKrane » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:32 pm

I like the idea of it... but as of right now we don't have any extra ranks to give! We're working on this, however, and may be freeing one up soon. So it's a good idea that's hitting me at the right time. Thanks for the suggestion.
GM of the Convert to Raid Guild
Also: Mhug, Ichabodd, Tikitembo, Sunnava, Morsel, Chugger
PatKrane

Return to Guild Suggestions