Convert to Raiding : Your Graduation from LFR

Here's the place to be for the latest event information in the CtR Guild on Aerie Peak. Check it out, and hopefully you can participate.

Convert to Raiding : Your Graduation from LFR

Postby Eveliany » Mon May 11, 2015 9:21 pm

Join Event Planners Eveliany and Mageadeath as we show you the ropes to take the next step into raiding.

Are you tired of LFR?
Do you want to learn how to join an organized raid team?

Then look no further!

This ongoing weekly event will be open for those that haven’t raided before, have raided a little or are changing roles. This is a hands on learning opportunity where we will provide you the instruction and opportunity to down some of the toughest bosses in Draenor.

We will be raiding Tuesday nights from 5:30 - 7:30 Server Time.

Since Normal is flexible our numbers may vary from week to week. We will need a minimum of 10 players and correct raid composition.

It is our goal that before you leave this series of events that you have received the following:

• An overall understanding of what being in a raid team means
  • General understanding of your role and what is expected of it in a raid
  • That you feel ready to join an established raid team
  • A clear understanding of how to join a raid team

What is expected of you:

• Level 100
  • Item Level 650 or higher
  • Completed Silver Proving grounds for your role on the character you will be bringing
  • Basic Knowledge of the fights - Line Of Sight 2 minute videos or LFR
  • CTR Mumble Access - A microphone is preferred but not required
  • Flasks and Potions for your character
  • Ability to take constructive criticism
  • Desire to learn
  • Patience
  • Positive Attitude

We will start the invites 20-30 minutes before the start time. Please be logged into the toon that you are looking to bring by that time.

We will invite people that sign up on the website first then filling through ctrlfg, if needed.

** Please be sure to sign up with the toon name you are going to bring, including any special characters and selecting what role you intend to play. **

See you there, Raiders!

FAQ:

Q: Is this a set period of time?
A: The group will keep meeting as long as there is interest. However, each individual will have a varied amount of time that they feel they will need to join us.

Q: What would happen if I missed a week or couldn’t make it?
A: Attendance each week isn’t required, a minimum raid team is needed so we ask that interested players show up on the website to make sure that we have the correct group of players to go. The more time you spend getting used to raiding the more you will feel comfortable moving on to an organized group.

Q: Am I signing up for the series or just whenever I can make it?
A: I think this goes back into the attendance question. We are going to keep meeting to give everyone a chance to learn, so if you would like to stay with us for 7 weeks but someone else feels comfortable to move on after 5 weeks that is dependent on them as an individual.

Q: What was expected of me in time commitment if I were signing up for this - how many weeks in a row would I need to do to “graduate”?
A: In addition of the 2 hours of raid time, raiders may spend additional time researching for their Class/Spec. There is not a set number of weeks that you will need to complete to move on. This is going to be based on how you feel and your comfort level.

Q: Are you offering specific role coaching?
A: The goal is to provide everyone a base of general information about raiding. Detailed breakdowns of each class and specs will not be provided.

Q: Will someone go over my logs with me and tell me how I’m doing in comparison to others?
A: We will discuss how to pull up and access logs however a detailed discussion about the logs is outside the scope of this current event.

Q: Are we going to move up in difficulty if/when we clear the raid?
A: The focus of this group is to introduce players to an organized raiding environment, to keep that obtainable we will keep our raid difficulty to Normal only.

Q: Am I going to be tested?
A: The hands on environment will act as a test, of sorts. Since we will be completing boss fights each person will be able to evaluate if they are doing what is needed to complete the goal at hand. We are willing to discuss each participates progress with them, however we will not be making the final decision. only you can make the right choice.

If you have any other questions please post them here, reach out to Eveliany (@ckeckholm) or Mageadeath (@deckholm) in game or on Twitter!

Are you an experienced raider that would like to help with this event? We are looking for experienced Tanks, Healers, DPS, class experts and those willing to mentor. Please contact Eveliany (@ckeckholm) or Mageadeath (@deckholm) directly, in game or on Twitter!
Last edited by Eveliany on Sun May 17, 2015 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eveliany

Re: Convert to Raiding : Your Graduation from LFR

Postby Innumerable Cals » Sat May 16, 2015 9:43 pm

Looking at this, and looking at the item levels of LFR loot, I can't help but notice that i660 is a target that's basically unreachable pre-normals unless you manage to score BoEs off AH, or get your hands on a well upgraded WoD crafted item or three. Is that number misrecorded, or are we expected to get our hands on those items?
Innumerable Cals

Postby Eveliany » Sun May 17, 2015 9:54 am

Innumerable Cals wrote:Looking at this, and looking at the item levels of LFR loot, I can't help but notice that i660 is a target that's basically unreachable pre-normals unless you manage to score BoEs off AH, or get your hands on a well upgraded WoD crafted item or three. Is that number misrecorded, or are we expected to get our hands on those items?

Thank you for your feedback.

Our 660 item level was more of a soft point and if people were lower than that that didn't mean that we wouldn't bring them. But I can understand how that may have worried some people.

Our determination for the 660 item level was that we assumed that people had been completing Highmaul and Blackrock foundry LFR most weeks and had crafted items that they had been unable to obtain. However, do we understand that that loot gods are not always friendly and because the crafted gear has a limit of 3 items only we may want to make the item level more obtainable.

We will accept 650+, and that is a hard line. We will not be able to accept anything under that.

Thank you again for your feedback, I look forward to seeing you on Tuesday! :)

Eveliany
Eveliany

Postby Innumerable Cals » Sun May 17, 2015 4:49 pm

Thanks for your clarification. The difference between i660 and i650 is actually pretty significant, since BRF LFR drops are mostly 655 with a smattering of 660. (Highmaul LFR drops don't even come close to that breakpoint.)

I still need to do a lot of grinding to get up to that, but I hope to be seeing you in a couple of weeks.
Innumerable Cals

Postby Eveliany » Sun May 17, 2015 7:34 pm

Innumerable Cals wrote:Thanks for your clarification. The difference between i660 and i650 is actually pretty significant, since BRF LFR drops are mostly 655 with a smattering of 660. (Highmaul LFR drops don't even come close to that breakpoint.)

I still need to do a lot of grinding to get up to that, but I hope to be seeing you in a couple of weeks.

Well let me know if there is anything I can help with! I have people with profs to make some gear if you need it!

Thanks again for your feedback!
Eveliany

Postby KorrGaming » Wed May 20, 2015 4:46 pm

Here is episode 1 of my new series, Raiding 101. In this video I go over Pre-Pots and Opener Rotations.

phpBB [video]
KorrGaming

Postby Gerissar » Wed May 20, 2015 6:35 pm

Here's a link for the first to boss fights. Sorry again for having to leave. I really enjoyed the raid with all the teachings. I found myself breaking some of my bad LFR habits.

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combatlog/0b5841e9-9a35-4052-9f8f-642b0a3890b3/report/235#v=0,d=0

I hope to make it next week too.
Gerissar

Postby Dragonsfire » Mon May 25, 2015 12:12 pm

Hello, I'm going to be joining you for the 1st time on the 26th with my BM hunter. I have most abilities covered with pets, are there any pets I should be sure to bring along?
Brewmaster Thorunn
100 Dwarven Hunter
CtR Nalak
Dragonsfire

Postby Innumerable Cals » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:16 pm

Since I forgot to ask previously: should I assume that there will be mechanics in Normal that are notably different relative to LFR? As an example, I never saw the moss show up in LFR Brackenspore for some reason or other.

Also, given the 650 requirement, will we be sticking to BRF? Highmaul seems a bit of an odd target with that high of an ilvl floor, so I'm assuming we won't be mucking about in there.
Innumerable Cals

Next

Return to Guild Events