Interest in a WoW bookclub?

Here's the place to be for the latest event information in the CtR Guild on Aerie Peak. Check it out, and hopefully you can participate.

Interest in a WoW bookclub?

Postby imei2006 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:03 pm

Hey guys,

I've been thinking what would be really great if we could get a group together to discuss once a month, in mumble, one of the many Warcraft Books that are on the shelves. A great chance to discuss the lore of the game, themes in the book, and just a chance to meet new people and talk about the goings on in your neck of the woods. I am writing this post to see who may be interested in doing it? I know I certainly would be game for it who else?
imei2006

Re: Interest in a WoW bookclub?

Postby Reloki » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:01 pm

I absolutely love the books that I've read through so far. I'd be interested in a book club/chat about them.
Reloki

Postby FatherTouk » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:55 am

I think this would be a lot of fun! I've read most of them, but only once (which is unusual for me - typically I'll read a book at least twice if I liked it the first time.)

I'd totally be on board for something like this! XD
~One More Hour~

Touk#1312, Twitter.com/Barfolomew_CTR

Armory Link - only $0.25 per click!

FatherTouk

Postby imei2006 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:16 pm

Hey that's awesome to hear I'm not the only one who like loves the WoW books. I'm actually going to start the Shattering tonight, and I would love to talk about since I never played Cataclysm so it will be nice to see the events that unfolded.
imei2006

Postby Muntatoe_ » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:04 pm

My collection of wow books is ever growing.

Currently I've read the following;
Dawn of the aspects
Stormrage
Tides of war
Wolfheart
Shadows of the horde
Warcrimes
Arthas
Rise of the horde
Twitter; @muntatoe
Muntatoe_

Postby actionquest » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:01 am

I have not read any of them but want to but can't find a good list of where to start to read them is some order
actionquest

Postby Thurro » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:24 am

actionquest wrote:I have not read any of them but want to but can't find a good list of where to start to read them is some order

Assuming you meant chronological order and not the order they were released, this does a good job:
http://wow.joystiq.com/2011/08/04/wow-i ... manga-com/
Note that time travel and jumping back and forth is a common thing and so a lot of them show up in two spots in the list. For example, Dawn of the Aspects shows first but I would recommend waiting until the second spot in the list to read it though.

I would do this to start out in a somewhat chronological order...
#1 - Rise of the Horde
#2 - Dawn of the Aspects
#3 - The Last Guardian

Although the order is a little off I say go Rise first since it is a single awesome book and very pertinent to the current expansion and upcoming movie. It won't matter that it skips ahead of Dawn of the Aspects since it is a different story.
Thurro

Return to Guild Events