Bootcamps 6.0

Here's the place to be for the latest event information in the CtR Guild on Aerie Peak. Check it out, and hopefully you can participate.

Bootcamps 6.0

Postby Turarts » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:35 pm

It is that time to start looking at doing bootcamps! Bootcamps are geared towards getting players to get to know a spec whether it be for the first time or getting used to all the changes (and WoD brought a few of those!) It is important to keep in mind that these are a general spec overview, not just for talking about content raiding. Things that you will need to cover include:

Abilities
Rotation
Stat priority
Glyphs
Talents
Add-ons
Gems/Enchants

This is not a complete list, but these are the main things that you should be discussing.

The boot camps will be held the week of December 8th through the 14th. We will have a sign-up for those hosting. Ideally, we will only have one bootcamp at a time, however due to different availability I understand this may not happen.

We are looking for players who are knowledgeable and comfortable enough with the spec to be able to talk about it with a group of people. Although we may have many people sign up for one spec, we will only have one person per spec talking. Some classes (i.e. Hunters) may have one person talking about all three specs, where as other classes (i.e. Druids) may have four different people talking about each spec.

To sign-up, fill out the below app. We will be looking up information, such as experience, on everyone. If you are picked, you will need to attend one of the information meetings we will hold (times TBD,) and submit a script to me about what you will be discussing. If hosting a bootcamp, you need to be able to record it whether just audio or audio and video. The last post on this topic viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1185 has a video done by Solar of the last bootcamps we did. It is from a Hunter perspective. This will give you a little bit of an idea of what we are looking for in the bootcamps, as well as a visual if you are going the video recording route.

Please submit the below application by 11-26 either on this forum, through a PM, or email ctrguildevents@gmail.com. If you wish to do multiple classes (i.e Hunters and Mages) please fill out an app per class. If you are doing all of the same (i.e. Boomkins and Resto druids) fill out one app but list both of them under class & spec and if you have two separate toons, list and label them.

Name:

Class & Spec you wish to speak on:

Name of toon(s) you play that spec on:

How long have you been playing:

Experience:

Would you be comfortable explaining your class/spec to a group of people?

Can you meet the above requirements?

Availability:

If you have any questions please contact me. The only way we can make these a success is if we get every class/spec a bootcamp. So please sign-up and spread the word. Please don't hesitate about signing up, these really are a lot of fun and a great way to get to know and help out guildies.

Thank you,

Turarts
Turarts

Re: Bootcamps 6.0

Postby Mazer » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:33 pm

Class & Spec you wish to speak on: Monk - Brewmaster

Name of toon(s) you play that spec on: Mazer

How long have you been playing: I've been playing since Vanilla, I've been a brewmaster since MOP released.

Experience: I'm the brewmaster tank in Working as Intended. We were the second team in the guild to kill heroic Garrosh. I am relatively decent at the spec. Prior to WAI, I was the main tank for Slowdown Raiders and Beyond Thundergnome. I also tanked for a bit with Fite Club.

Would you be comfortable explaining your class/spec to a group of people? I teach college classes, so I think I can handle it. I do not have a video camera, so people will just have to deal with my voice. I actively stream our raids via twitch, so I'm good doing video stuff.

Can you meet the above requirements? Yes

Availability: Sat/Sun during the day. Monday, Tuesday, Friday evenings.

Let me know if there is anything else you need from me!
Mazer

Postby Pasha » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:16 pm

Class & Spec you wish to speak on: Guardian & Feral druids

Name of toon(s) you play that spec on: Pasha

How long have you been playing: Since Cataclysm, so 4yrs

Experience: I feral tanks and dps'd in DS, MSV, HoF, ToES, ToT and SoO. It has been my main and only toon I keep up with on a daily basis.

Would you be comfortable explaining your class/spec to a group of people? Of Course

Can you meet the above requirements? Yes I can.

Availability: TBD As of right now Mon/Tues (Fri/Sat if available). I like to keep weekends open but sometimes I can be available.
Pasha

Postby Doomarrow » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:56 pm

Name: Doomice

Class & Spec you wish to speak on: Any Mage, pref frost but I play all of them

Name of toon(s) you play that spec on: Doomice

How long have you been playing: About a year

Experience: Heroic SoO

Would you be comfortable explaining your class/spec to a group of people? Yes

Can you meet the above requirements? Yep

Availability: 5pm or later server time on weekdays and anytime on the weekends after 1EST
Doomarrow

Postby Phyllisse » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:00 am

Class & Spec you wish to speak on: Enhancement Shaman

Name of toon(s) you play that spec on: Phyllisse

How long have you been playing: End of BC, small break toward the end of FL into DS (cata)

Experience: Naxx10/25, OS (up to 3d) 10/25, EoE10/25, Ulduar10/25, ToC/ToGC10/25, ICC10/25, BWD10N/H, TofFT10N/H, BoT10N/H, FL10N (first 5 bosses), ToT10N/H, SoO10N/H(13/14H on 5.4)

(bolded raids were in a top 50 US guild)

Would you be comfortable explaining your class/spec to a group of people? Absolutely

Availability: Evenings during the week, weekends.
Phyllisse

Postby DravenDresden » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:16 am

Class & Spec you wish to speak on:Retribution Paladin

Name of toon(s) you play that spec on:Murdertramp

How long have you been playing:Created Ret Pally mid-BC. Been my "main" ever since.

Experience:I've been in groups clearing most (if not all) Heroic/Mythic content in level since ICC (1st 2 tiers of MoP exceptioned as I moved across the country 2x in that time period).

Would you be comfortable explaining your class/spec to a group of people?I've done it multiple times already for a few people, so sure. :P

Can you meet the above requirements?yes

Availability:Depends on work. :/
DravenDresden

Postby Mykurse » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:18 am

Name:
Mykurse

Class & Spec you wish to speak on:
Affliction and Demonology Warlocks (can do Destro as well despite not liking the spec :p)

Name of toon(s) you play that spec on:
Mykurse, Hellbent, Doakes

How long have you been playing:
I have been playing a warlock since the end of Wrath of the Lich King

Experience:
Like I stated I started playing a warlock at the end of Wrath and it has been my favourite class since. My raiding record for my warlock is pretty vast. Since starting I have cleared through everything at level starting with ICC. It wasn't until Firelands that I started clearing heroic bosses after joining a capable group. I joined with Iron Deficiency in MoP at the tail end of Throne of Thunder. Cleared Siege with them and started heroic Siege with them. After making a few personal choices I left the team to play with irl friends for a bit. After the team grew bored with raiding I joined up with Raid 8 through Kleptik and went on to push down all of Heroic Siege in a few short months which made Raid 8 (now Tainted Core) the first team in CtR to defeat heroic Garrosh. I host a blog/podcast called DoTs and Demons that is focused on warlock play.

Would you be comfortable explaining your class/spec to a group of people?
Yes. Between the podcast and boring my raid group with warlock talk, I've grown very comfortable openly speaking about the class. Seriously ask Kleptik or Kiyo about my warlock talks :p

Can you meet the above requirements?
I believe so

Availability:
I am much more available in the evenings on the weekend. Possible to be available in the evenings during the week, but my weekly schedule is up in the air atm.
For the Targaryens!
#WorgenArePeopleToo

ImageImageImage
Mykurse

Postby firestar463 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:27 am

Name: Firestar

Class & Spec you wish to speak on: Marksman Hunter. I can also discuss Survival and Beast mastery, though I have less hands-on experience in WoD with these specs.

Name of toon(s) you play that spec on: Blázestar

How long have you been playing: 3 years

Experience: Hunter has been my main for roughly half of my WoW career, and always been one of my favorite classes to play. I've raided heroically on my hunter, including an at-level Heroic Madness of Deathwing kill, and currently raid with the Eschew Obfuscation team in the CtR guild. Went 14/14 Normal (Currently Heroic) in SoO after joining the raid team about a month before 6.0 dropped. Also raid led a team all the way through Mists of Pandaria, up to Thok the Bloodthirsty on normal (current heroic) before leaving to join the CtR guild

Would you be comfortable explaining your class/spec to a group of people? Yes, I've done one of these Boot camps before as a Blood DK

Availability: Anytime after 2:30 PM server during the week, or after 9:00 AM server on Saturday. Sunday's are a little weird, so for the sake of caution I'm going to say Sunday I'm not available.
firestar463

Postby Turarts » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:57 pm

Here is a spreadsheet to show what we are missing.

As you can see there are still a lot of openings!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Turarts

Postby annalusia » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:35 pm

Name: Annalusia

Class & Spec you wish to speak on: Holy Paladin

Name of toon(s) you play that spec on: Annalusia

How long have you been playing: I've been playing mostly holy paladin since wrath, but put in some real time since MoP dropped, so well over two years.

Experience: Quite a but of 5-mans, LFR, Flex, Normals and heroics... (edit) I raid with that blazestar guy ^^ up there. Please don't hold that against me.

Would you be comfortable explaining your class/spec to a group of people? I can do that and will give it all I've got.

Can you meet the above requirements? Yes.

Availability: I'm an east coast guy and will be available evenings after 7 almost any day of the week, minus my raid teams days (Sunday & Wednesdays 9:00-11:30)

I can give all the information needed for someone to pick up this spec and work toward getting better. I'm a simple guy and like things to be simple.
Last edited by annalusia on Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
annalusia

Next

Return to Guild Events