Special project

Here's the place to be for the latest event information in the CtR Guild on Aerie Peak. Check it out, and hopefully you can participate.

Special project

Postby Turarts » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:26 pm

Dear CTR guild,

It amazes me on a daily basis how awesome everyone in this guild is. From assisting people with questions to running through old content to donations towards the guild, you guys are fantastic. Helping this guild is the reason I became an event planner; seeing how great you are as a community and the support you have for each other is the reason I love my position as head of events. You guys make this job fun and exciting and I am always trying to help make this guild a great place for all.

Today, however, I am asking for your help. It may not make much sense, but it is very important to me and is going to help with a special project I am working on. We all have stories on why we joined this guild, on why we stay, and on what makes this an amazing community. The reasons on why we love this guild vary from person to person, and maybe from day to day.

What I would like is to hear from you the reason you joined this guild and who was your first toon that proudly wore the CTR banner. This doesn't have to be a big long story, it can be a simple as "I watched the show" or "I was looking for a new home." Please, share your story with me whether on this post or in a private message.

Thank you so much!

Turarts
Turarts

Re: Special project

Postby elite noob » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:46 pm

I listened to the podcast and heard of how many raid teams there were and I was in the market for one at the time. That was spring of 2013 and the first toon was my DK who is now known as Undeadfredd. Since then I became a blogger and podcaster and even had the pleasure of a few of the iron council taking the time to guest star on my tiny podcast (which blew me away). The community has had it's troubles but for the most part it is an amazing community. If I've ever had a question or needed help with ANYTHING, there has never been a shortage of people offering their knowledge and services.
Last edited by elite noob on Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
elite noob

Postby MsNoid » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:19 am

When the podcast first announced that they were starting a guild on Aerie Peak, I was raiding on a team with a bunch of friends, struggling to get through content, but having fun while trying. A couple months passed and we lost a few members to RL. Pugging on my home server was rough, there were very few raiding guilds and even fewer pugs available. After the team fell apart, I decided to start a toon from 1 on Aerie Peak and see if this guild and server were as fun as everyone was saying. Mercedeze the shapeshifter was born and I leveled her to 90 over the course of a couple months or so. I found a newly formed flex team the same week I hit 90 and decided that CTR was my new home. Since then I have cleared content from older expansions that I never saw with ALTER Time and just last week killed the final boss of the current tier for my first time with the Salad Senate. I have enjoyed this place so much that I became a greeter to help others into the guild.
MsNoid

Postby Bluefer » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:22 am

Back before the CTR guilds existed I listened to the show with a kind of fascination mixed with awe as I had never had the nerve to raid. I was a fairly new WoW player as I started in late cata. The guild I joined had an auto-recruit macro and I joined without knowing any better. Some of the guild raided but they where not about to help a noob out. And I was, truthfully, a big chicken. :)

Listening to CTR really stimulated my interest but, as I mentioned I was chicken, especially in that group. When CTR announce the formation of a guild on Aerie Peak, I applied, started Airyel and got her to 15 in record time. Within a week or two I transferred my 4 other characters over and have no regrets.

Joining was the best thing I ever did in Wow. I now raid on 2 teams, have made lots of friends and love every minute of it.

Thank you CTR

Bluefer

Postby Sèsshomaru » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:30 am

I raided off and on for years on my home server. It had ups and downs. After my last team fell apart the pickings were slim for raid teams that fit my schedule. I was able to fill out a raid from my guild but they were not very serious and didn't care to even learn fights. At some point I found the podcast. I mulled it over for a while, then decided to transfer my shaman over. Within a week I found the Salad Senate. They geared me quickly and I learned the fights. We progressed a bit and as msnoid said previously we recently downed garrosh. I'm loving the atomosphere. Community teamwork respect. It embodies how I feel the game should be played. My team is like a family now and the guild is like a home.
Sèsshomaru

Postby frohman » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:29 am

I started playing WoW shortly before the "Summer of Dragon Soul" started. I found a great friends & family guild that was very friendly and was having a blast leveling through Azeroth for the first time. Unfortunately, the lack of new content caused a large amount of attrition within the guild. The Mists of Pandaria launch did little to revive the guild. I, sadly, left the guild once it got to the point where the GM stopped logging in and I was one of maybe three guildies who was ever online.

I searched the realm forums trying to find a casual guild that offered the potential to dip my toes into raids. I found a guild, but the lack of maturity within the guild really put a damper on the fun I was having with the game. At this point I almost quit WoW as I was running out of things to do at end game.

At this point, I had been listening to CtR for a couple of months and really fallen in love with the podcast. When they announced they would be launching a guild focused on raiding and community, I jumped at the opportunity. I rolled a new Warlock (Frohman) on AP and joined the guild the second I dinged 15. That was the Tuesday after the announcement. Everyone in the guild was so friendly, even as the guild grew exponentially in its early days. A week later I realm transferred my main (Frohmanwd) to AP and I haven't looked back. (Though I do regret not causing a name collision when I transferred so I could get a free character rename to get that ugly "wd" off of my main's name.)

I'm now up to 4 90s in CtR with two more alts one the way to cap. I PUG'd my first raid with Over Easy a year and a half ago, joined my first raid team with Team Chaos almost a year ago, downed Lei Shen when he was current content at the end of a marathon 6-hour impromptu Sunday afternoon raid session the weekend before Siege opened, and continue to have a blast with the amazing CtR community. I can't wait to see what's next with this amazing guild!
Image ImageImageImageImage
frohman

Postby Tyrwinter » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:13 pm

First of all, pardon my mistakes. English is not my native language, so i tend to make some silly errors.

I started playing WoW with my girlfriend back in '08. I used to play on Ragnaros US (Latin American Server). Due to her not knowing how to speak english, played there until the beginning of MOP, but had to stop due to personal reasons. I used to raid until the end of CATA, mostly tanking for my old guild, which were friends of mine. Came back for a couple months on '13, and finally came back on January '14. The guild had disbanded, so i went looking for a decent guild, where i could find that sense of community, and the desire to achieve a common goal. Only found cesspool guilds, inmature people and pretty much Jerks (To put it gently).

After 2 months of being a lone wolf and only doing old content and LFR, i heard about the CTR guild in the podcast. So i decided to give it a shot, gotta say i was really nervous! But said: "It can't be worse than being here! Give it a shot!" So i created my first Character on Aerie Peak, and sent her the heirlooms, with a card reminding me why i was here. Allienna was the first character to proudly join the ranks of CTR Azuregos, and i am quite happy about it :) This guild is a real community of like minded individuals, who love WoW, raiding, and hanging out :) Even though i am really shy, i like to help guldies everyway i can. Hopefully we will be raiding soon :) Thank you !

-Tyr (Allienna, and several other alts :P)
Tyrwinter

Postby Ixsander » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:47 pm

My wife and I started WoW at the end of Burning Crusade, and once I hit 80 in Wrath and I was done, but she wanted to raid and so I looked into our first guild on Thunderhorn (Knights of Dalaran). Well 7 years later, I am still tanking and love it. I was a CTR listener since day one and looking for a change so moved my Pally over in September of 2013. I am currently on a great team and building a second with friends I have made in CTR. Lastly to answer your final questions Turarts, I stay because this is such an awesome community.

Raid Team
The Troublemakers
6/7N - Highmaul
1/7H - Highmaul
Ixsander

Postby Rhoswyn » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:39 pm

Ive been playing WOW since the end of Vanilla on various server s. I heard about CTR from a guildie friend from Sargeras server. Our guild (Solrain Navy) was off playing other games so I levelled a druid and joined CTR-Galleon then brought my warrior over from Sargeras to join CTR -Sha.
I havent been physically up to spending hours raiding as im at the tail end of some medical stuff but have enjoyed being part of the CTR community and participating in events. I am always willing to lend a hand with a quest or event :o)
Thank you for welcoming me :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Rhoswyn

Postby Tullibardine » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:42 pm

Joined the guild after actually not being able to play the game because I was to sick. Considering the reason I got sick was based on actually not getting enough vitamin-D. Meaning not getting enough sun on me. I decided to start playing casual after playing a 4-5 day a week 4 hour/day raiding for 7 years. So I re rolled in the us from the eu, and joined the guild had been following the pod cast for a decent amount of time. Considering I re rolled so late in the expansion I decided just to prepare for WoD. So I have been just making gold, making bags for all my 9 new characters since Christmas. If I manage to get them all maxed out in profession and baged. I will attempt to get one of my characters the cloak. Will of cause join some raid team once WoD comes out and will of cause take at least 2 weeks of work when WoD comes out, has always happened. I go crazy the first few weeks.

One of the main reason I joined the guild, is the fact there is always someone is on line 24 hours/day in the guild. Since I came from smaller guilds were I could be the only one on line at times I consider it mind blowing that there is always someone there. I did check this out before joining the guild. I wanted to make sure that it would be a place I would enjoy, read articles on the forums and looked at activities and raid teams that were available. I am also a active member of warcraftrealms census takers. So thought it was interesting from a census standpoint to join as well. To check out the ctr guild on line population. I have all the figures for it, for every hour of the day for every weekday. At least for the hours I manage to stay awake. Thought that would be interesting when compared to Aerie Peaks on line population.
Tullibardine

Next

Return to Guild Events