Tell Us One Thing submissions

The forums for Tauren Think Tank - The podcast for the WoW player!

Tell Us One Thing submissions

Postby Jules » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:54 pm

Hey Moo Crew -

If you have some Tell Us One Thing questions you want to submit to the show, you can use this thread.

It's your chance to ask what you want to know about your hosts!

Thanks, and have fun posting.

/moo,
Jules
I watch little green bars for fun.

Image Image
Jules

Re: Tell Us One Thing submissions

Postby Tinokk » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:49 am

Who has the sexiest podcasting voice that you know of? Male and female.
Tinokk

Postby Trevisimo » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:45 pm

Hey Rem, Hey Jules!
I was wondering if you have ever dabbled in making machinima movies of your raids to aid in team building, and or to help you team see where they can improve?

I for one have taken it upon myself to become my teams media guy and take videos of our raiding. I have received many thanks from my fellow guild members, and even made our Guild recruitment video. This allows my fellow team mates the ability to show their friends who may or may not play wow what it is we do every week for hours at a time.

plus I wanted to give a nice big /moo to Koltrane for lending me his voice for my end of cataclysm review video. You see I joined Heresy ( the guild I am in) just after the first set of needs to tier 11, as a new raider looking to start raiding as a healer. they took me under their wings and I have found a permanent home now as an officer! So I wanted to do something really special for them and Koltrane came through in a big big way! thanks Koltrane

Long story sorry, I wanted to ask you this one thing to see what you thought!
I look forward to hearing the sweet sounds of rem and Jules each week in my ears!
and oh yeah by the way if you wanted to check out my vids just click the link in my signature and tell me what you think!
Thanks for the great unique presentation you have fostered.

/moo

Trevisimo
90 holy/ ret pally Heresy guild officer Horde side Medivh
Trevisimo

Postby SpencerHD » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:33 pm

Gonna be a short question, but I want to tell my story first, obviously you don't need to air it.

When Wrath was being launched a friend of mine asked me if I'd be willing to come to the midnight release at a local gaming store with them, they kindly offered to let me have one of their pre-ordered copies if I did. Knowing this could save me some hassle and not knowing what I was getting into I said sure. We arrived about 30 minutes before the doors opened and got into line. Now what I guess I hadn't thought through was the amount of other WoW players that would be there, I don't know why, but it never crossed my mind that I would be surrounded by people discussing the game, what they had accomplished and what they were looking forward to. This quickly became great fun as I listened in on a conversation of the people ahead of me, they were going on about how they didn't get very far into Burning Crusade and were excited for a fresh start. Their guild had been doing karazhan, Gruul and looked a little bit a SSC and TK.

It wasn't long before they realized I was standing right behind them and could hear everything they were saying. So they both turned to me and said "So did you play BC at all?" timidly I replied "Yea I played it a bit." They asked "How far did you get?" I paused for a moment thinking about whether or not I was comfortable outing the WoW side of my life to some people I had only just met. "My guild cleared all the content...well we got to Muru before the Sunwell nerf, but we got everything down." I said. Both their jaws dropped, I was definitely not expecting this. In their eyes I had apparently just elevated myself to a celebrity.

I had been a part of a hardcore raid guild that raided 25+ hours a week through BC, we got several server firsts and were well ranked in the world. So to me we put the time in so of course we had a good result, but to these two I had accomplished something they had been dreaming about. The questions flew: "Did you kill illidan?", "What class do you play?" "How many achievement points do you have?","Did you do any pvp?", "What was the council fight like?" I found myself just answering question after question not getting a chance to ask them anything about themselves. This only stopped when the doors finally opened to the store and the crowd pushed forward. I had never discussed playing WoW with anyone outside of game (not even the friend I came with that night) before those two strangers in the parking lot.

So getting to my questions,

How, if you have, did you come out of the WoW closet?

Have you ever been in an outside of the game situation where you felt like someone was awed of your video game experience? and/or felt like a celebrity?

SpencerHD
SpencerHD

Tell Us One Thing!

Postby Blixie » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:13 pm

Hey TTT tell us about your favorite companion pet(s)!

Blixie Jubei'Thos
Blixie

Postby Sylus » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:41 am

Hola TTT, Rim, tell us your favorite snack that you hadn't eaten in forever, but due to your small kiddo's ,is back in the snack time rotation. (I ask because mine is yogurt drops, those are for kiddos, but taste amazing! My kids don't eat them so much any,ore, but I still get them anyway!)

@Sylus
(Shameless twitter plug)
Sylus

Postby SpikeSpartan » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:41 am

Haaaay Rem. Heeeey Jules.

Tell me one thing, if your toon could have any ability you have seen in game, what ability would you add to your toon?

For me, it would be the ability to do a Lilian Voss, jump on a mobs shoulders, turn them black purple like a shadowpriest, and have them die in a black pile with purple smoke rising from their body. Make it the execute move for Feral Druids .. yeah that would be perfect.

How about you guys?

SpikeSpartan on Korgath (iToons) on Aerie Peak (ConverttoRaid) on Earthen Ring (AIE)
SpikeSpartan

Postby jiliac » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:32 pm

Jules and Rem - so here's the deal... it's the next expansion and Blizzard has announced that their going to add a postman profession to replace mailboxes, and have asked Rem to come out to Blizz HQ to oversee it's design. What three pieces of advice do you [Rem] give the dev's from your experience? :)

PS - please don't take away Perky the Pug!!
jiliac

Postby Cohumulone » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:51 pm

Hey guys.

If you could take over a raid instance IRL and make it your home, which would it be and why.
Cohumulone

Postby Solarflair » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:58 pm

Cohumulone wrote:Hey guys.

If you could take over a raid instance IRL and make it your home, which would it be and why.

Temple of the Jade Serpent for a dungeon home.
Zul'gurub for a raid home.

:)
Solarflair

Next

Return to Tauren Think Tank