The Icebreaker Thread

The forums for Tauren Think Tank - The podcast for the WoW player!

Re: The Icebreaker Thread

Postby Timmeh » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:13 am

Hello Moo-Crew!

Is this thing still on? *tap, tap, tap*

Anyways, I'd like to take the chance to finally introduce myself after listening to the awesome TTT for about a year. I'm Timmeh, a 39-year-old IT guy from Germany, and probably one of the few EU listeners. As most others, I have to say I LOVE your show and it has worked up its way to be my most favourite podcast by now. I'm usually listening to the show during my commute to/from work and it makes time go by so much faster :)

Game-wise, I'm mainly playing a Gnome Warlock on Quel'Thalas EU (yes Rem, a gnome and therefore also Alliance - but still a fan xD). I started playing during the beginning of Wrath after some friends finally convinced me to come over from LOTRO, which I had been playing for a year before that. I started up in a friend-and-family guild on the English-speaking server Quel'Thalas and except for some short expeditions to other servers/guilds (like bear-tanking ICC with a German guild for a while), I always stayed on Quel'Thalas as my home server.

I'm currently part of a progression-raiding guild with people from all across Europe, but I'm not part of the raid team myself, as I'm a rather casual raider and the social raid team we had has sadly been disbanded lately. I might try out Flex raiding with patch 5.4 and see if I can get back into the saddle again.
Besides this, I love leveling alts and doing quests and achievements, which I have neglected for a bit, but have picked up again these days. Currently working on getting my level 85s up to 90 as well as pushing up the lower level chars a bit.

-Tell us something cool about where you live.
Mid-west Germany, in a not-so-exciting smaller town, but luckily I work in Cologne, which is a really lovely city, that I plan to move to next year. The only notable thing about my hometown is probably, that it is known as the town of "keys and locks", as that industry is very strong here, and some of you might even have locks in your homes that were made here ;)

-What is your favorite guilty pleasure movie or TV show?
I'm a TV series junkie (and therefore a big fan of That TV Show) and I watch a LOT of shows regularly. At the moment I'm watching the current episodes of Breaking Bad and Dexter (as soon as I can "somehow" get my hands on them over here) as well as re-watching the third season of Heroes.

-Describe your WoW setup (where you play, what things you have surrounding you, any cool gadgets you use, etc.)
My current setup is rather boring, as I'm playing on a simple black table in my bedroom. I have a 24" monitor and I can't live without my Logitech G11 keyboard or my Razer Naga mouse :)

-If you weren't playing WoW, what would you be doing?
I would probably watch even more TV shows or spend way more time in all the other games I have on my Steam account, especially Skyrim or GTA :)

So this is my wall-of-text for the day. I'm glad that I finally decided to sign up and I'm happy to see so many familiar names on the forum. I'm planning on attending your live show at least once (maybe this Saturday already), even if it means I have to stay up until 4am and longer :P

Greetings From "Good ol' Germany"!
Timmeh
ImageImageImageImageImage
Timmeh

Postby Timmeh » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:52 am

So there I was, all excited when I got the e-mail notification about a reply to this thread ... only to find out it was a spam entry that has already been removed.

Is there really NOBODY out there anymore? :?
ImageImageImageImageImage
Timmeh

Postby Jules » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:18 am

Well, then - maybe it just requires some answering of some new questions, huh? :)

Pick it up here, guys!

-What was the last movie you saw?
-What's your all-time favorite video game?
-What's the last thing you listened to in your music player?
-If you could be a guest-star on a TV show, which one would you want to be on?

Go! :)
I watch little green bars for fun.

Image Image
Jules

Postby mistapankake » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:28 am

The last movie I saw in theaters (I don't get out much) was Hotel Tansylvania.
My favorite game is WoW.
The last thing I listened to on my iPod was Convert To Raid.
I I could guest star on any tv show it would have to be Star Trek. (Althought it is finished :[ )
mistapankake

Postby JesickaChaos » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:50 am

In theaters, it was Riddick. I loved it because I loved Pitch Black and Chronicles and I love Vin Diesel =D

Not going to say WoW because that's the easy answer. Excluding WoW, the Assassin's Creed franchise is absolutely fantastic. My favorite of them would have to be AC: Revelations. The story of Ezio was wonderful to uncover and it was a good end to his run in the franchise. Not only that, but the ending left me going WTF, which makes for a good pickup point in the next game ^_^
Welcome to Nightvale because it is creepy, hilarious, and very different. I'd also run out of my weekly WoW podcast episodes ;)
-If you could be a guest-star on a TV show, which one would you want to be on? Supernatural, specifically so that I could kiss Dean >_> I would have said Game of Thrones, but I have a much higher chance of living on in Supernatural haha
JesickaChaos

Postby LunaSaint » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:31 pm

Hiya!

I intended to register as Issuls, but sleepy hazes impair judgment~

I'm Issuls, 22 and stuck in that dark and depressing hell between university and employment.

I recently discovered TTT since Rhem showed up on AAA. Tuned in, and found out how much I adored it. Definitely my favourite podcast right now.

In game, I'm usually Isseit, a Holy Paladin or my other Holy Paladin who I play for the thrill of pugging and being in bad gear again. I've been playing since mid-wrath, where any and every problem was solved with liberal spam of Holy Light. ♥

My guild used to be Alliance on Sporeggar, an RP-PvP realm and also EU's deadest english speaking server. I've been a valiant fan of the femdorf, but eventually when we moved to a high pop server we made the switch to horde. Now I'm femtaur! \o/
The guild has been an enduring friends group from before I [s]was born[/s] started playing, and stubbornly remains - challenging heroic raids with a dreadfully inconsistent roster and a "real life comes first" attitude.

-Tell us something cool about where you live.
Currently I live in Margate, which is like England's original seaside. But I've been here for two months, am leaving again soon and don't really know anything else about it. So instead, I'll talk about my hometown.
I was born in Slough, home to an enormous trading estate, and a commuting hell. It's recognised as the most depressed place in Britain, and had a war poem begging for it to be bombed! Hooray!

-What is your favorite guilty pleasure movie or TV show?
I-I-I've certainly watched TV in the past year, yes... ...uhhh... god, I'm even worse for movies.

Let's roll with Adventure Time. That show is amazing and terrifying and brilliant and wrong.

-Describe your WoW setup (where you play, what things you have surrounding you, any cool gadgets you use, etc.)

My Headset and Keyboard are both cheapo logitech ones - though the keyboard has been fantastic. It's mechanical, which brings good physical feedback and it has a numpad, which is like the best thing ever. I had to tear out the windows keys though.

I have a TTE Saphira mouse because I don't care for any of these silly 320 button mice. At least I'm not my guild's mistweaver, who has a Razer Naga but still uses his laptop's trackpad.

-If you weren't playing WoW, what would you be doing?

Romhacking and modding, for certain. It was what I did until I found WoW, and still what I do when a patch starts to get old.

I think the last time I went to a cinema to see a move was Scott Pilgrim. Yes, that long ago. Otherwise, it'll have been a terrible B-Movie my old housemates love. So I'll go with Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus, since it's the last one I remember the name of.

Fire Emblem!! Holy crap, I love this series so much for its simplicity. It's a turn based, tactical RPG by the same people that did Advance Wars and Paper Mario. The games are colourful, and loads of charming characters. The huge number of playable characters, inability to level grind and very tidy/straightforward combat mechanics make it very fun to get into and play again and again. What's more, is it opens the series to a lot of modding potential.

I don't actually have one. :V

-If you could be a guest-star on a TV show, which one would you want to be on?

Hnnnngh, live action shows?! Getting ordered around by Sir Patrick Stuart in Star Trek: TNG would very fun.

If I magically had the time and resources to make my own entry though, it would definitely be Robot Wars. I really miss that.
LunaSaint

Previous

Return to Tauren Think Tank