The Icebreaker Thread

The forums for Tauren Think Tank - The podcast for the WoW player!

The Icebreaker Thread

Postby Jules » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:40 pm

Hey gang!

This is the place where you can find out about others who listen to TripleT. Just something fun to let you guys get to know each other.

Here are the questions you can pick from (pick as many or as few as you like):

-Tell us something cool about where you live.

-What is your favorite guilty pleasure movie or TV show?

-Describe your WoW setup (where you play, what things you have surrounding you, any cool gadgets you use, etc.)

-If you weren't playing WoW, what would you be doing?

Have fun!
~Jules
I watch little green bars for fun.

Image Image
Jules

Re: The Icebreaker Thread

Postby Jaygurrl » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:07 pm

Hey All,

I have recently found TTT and absolutely love it. Looking forward to more great episodes. I live near Sacramento, CA and the best thing is probably that you are about 2 hours from about anything you want to do from the SF bay area to Tahoe. Guilty pleasure TV show would be Big Bang Theory. I married a Trekkie, I swear I wasn't this geeky when I met him. I play WoW right next to my hubby, for now. I hope to have an awesome desk built into my office closet and that will give us more space. If I wasn't playing WoW I'd be reading a lot more, and would be more caught up on current TV.

Jay
Jaygurrl

Postby Epicinsanity » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:06 am

First off, I'm Epicinsanity! Instead of boring you, I will share my Blog Bio:

"Epicinsanity was forged from the souls of slain warlocks and the corpses of fallen Stormwind Knights. He started his adventures fishing on the docks outside of Rut’theran Village as a Night Elf Hunter while Naxxramas was still a massive necropolis floating above the Eastern Plaguelands. With introduction of faction change, he packed up his bags and changed to the Horde to give up the days of hardcore raiding and playing with strangers, to casually raiding with real life friends.
Epicinsanity wields more than just a sword, he is currently the Guild Master of Relentless Aggression on Zul’jin US, the main tank for their 10 man raids, and leveler of many alts! He has seven characters over the level of 85, and counting. He enjoys all aspects of the game, but his main focus has always been raiding. He recently started writing blogs about guild leadership, raid leadership, and other general gaming topics."

-Tell us something cool about where you live: I live just outside of Green Bay, Wisconsin. And one cool thing about Wisconsin is the GREEN BAY PACKERS! Actually, whats cool is the nature we have in our backyards. Tons of outdoor sports to do, when I am not fishing outside, I'm sitting on my computer fishing in game :P

-What is your favorite guilty pleasure movie or TV show? I'm not a big TV watcher, but I am a huge American Pie series fan. Mainly because I am like all of them combined :P

-Describe your WoW setup (where you play, what things you have surrounding you, any cool gadgets you use, etc.)
My WOW setup is crazy. Its in my small prison cell sized room. Play on a 40 inch LED, with a 23 inch LED side monitor. My computer is to my left, on its own desk with my microphone on it. I have two keyboards, and two mice, and random electronics all over the place. Including something I may be giving away shortly (/tease)

Probably getting into a lot of trouble out there in the real word. I am the type of person with an addictive personality, and I always have to be doing something. So I am all over the place. But because of WOW I get to sit at home, safe and sound, and talk to people who have the same interest as me from all over the world.

Anything else you want to know, just ask!
Epicinsanity

Postby Truenoir » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:17 pm

Just recently started to listen to Tauren Think Tank and been enjoying each podcast as they come out. But I prefer to make this a simple post so I will get right into breaking the ice.

Well, I am currently in Greenville Ohio. To be honest I don't go out to much due to some medical problems so I couldn't tell you something really cool about the area. Other then I am 5 minutes from any store I might need. Except a good current book store like borders or Barnes and Noble.

I find my self reading alot lately while I been waiting between appointments. The latest books I have gotten into are the Iron Druid Chronicles by Kevin Hearne. Very exciting books, any one who is a fan of science fiction in the least should at least take a look at them. I am also a huge Daniel Tosh fan, gotta catch his show every week for a good laugh.

I live on my own in a simple 2 BedRoom apartment. I have my master bedroom and I made the second bedroom my "WoW room". I have a simple desk and small TV to listen to while playing. Sadly other then having a rocking gaming PC I had built a few years ago. I don't have many super gadgets I use. Heck, I keep my UI adds to blizzard default still.

Probably be playing Call of Duty Black Ops 2 or Assassins Creed 3. Just got the games in the last couple of weeks.

Short and sweet little info bout me. Might post more later, all depends on how I feel.

Byebye for now!
Truenoir

Postby Epicinsanity » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:40 pm

Nice to hear a little about ya Truenoir. And I wish you the best of luck with everything that's going on. Not sure what it all is, but stay positive and strong. Its hard to break a strong willed person!
Epicinsanity

Postby Mazzlu » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:23 am

Hello all! I'm Mazzlu!

I play on two different servers mostly. Wyrmrest Accord and Khadgar. I'm a huge fan of ranged dps classes, both casters and hunters (I have a ton of hunters). I've also healed on a druid and I love them too. I mostly play horde, but I've been known to dabble on Alliance (Mostly space goats).

-Tell us something cool about where you live. Well, I live in Pittsburgh PA, we are known for our sports (Steelers anyone?), our weird way of talking and some crazy good food. We are also known for our bridges and really nice small town in a big city feel.

-What is your favorite guilty pleasure movie or TV show? I LOVE RuPaul's Drag Race! I must watch it every week. I normally have a favorite queen as well, the all star season is really messing me up because I love all four in the finals!!! I also love Top Gear on BBC America (the REAL version, not the American version).

-Describe your WoW setup (where you play, what things you have surrounding you, any cool gadgets you use, etc.) Oh boy...I have a desktop with a 23" widescreen monitor that is dedicated to WoW, curse, mumble, vent and itunes. That is ALL that is installed on that system. I also have a laptop on the same table with WoWhead or something pulled up. I also have Yahoo up on that one so I can talk to my girl. On top of my tower, I have my four Collectors Editions (BC-MoP), my Lich King and Sindragosa Megabloks set and my Orc and Blood Elf Megabloks. I also have a Wind Rider Cub on my sewing machine that's by my system. I have some other things too around the table, mostly Harry Potter stuff (Snape and Tom Riddle clay busts a friend made and a Snape Tonner Doll).

-If you weren't playing WoW, what would you be doing? Probably sitting around watching stupid stuff on TV or working a 2nd job.
Official Hunter-aholic. My hunters: Mazzlu(Khadgar), Mazzlu/Lyande(Proudmoore), Nokymo(Aerie Peak), Nokymo(Alleria)
Mazzlu

Postby gijora » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:30 am

Well, Plano, Tx is where Dr. Pepper is made. And we all know Dr. Pepper > any other soda.

*mumbles something incoherent about ponies*

Imagine a desk. This desk has on it or in it: a stereo receiver, 4 speakers, a pair of Skullcandy Aviator headphones, a Logitech g3300 headset, custom rig (that I don't even remember the specs on), a ghetto 22" 5x4 monitor, WoW Cataclysm mouse, and a logitech MX 5500 keyboard. It does the trick!

Ummmm.... playing League of Legends. O wait, I do that anyways.
gijora

Postby SpencerHD » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:32 pm

Hi all,

I am Spencer, a married 16 year gaming veteran. I got married last June to my lovely wife Robyn. Something neat about us is when we met we didn't know the other played WoW. I have been playing since beta and due to drama had taken a one year break. During that year I met Robyn, about three months into our relationship we discovered we both used to play WoW. We started up again together, she migrated to my server and we have been gaming and raiding together since. We are Canadian, I say that proudly, we live in southeastern Ontario.

I work in entertainment doing pretty much everything from lighting, sound, carpentry to filming, editing, wardrobe, scenic art. Been working technical theatre on concerts at major venues and doing filming and editing for a local university.

Hmm a favorite guilty pleasure movie is probably A Few Good Men, for some reason I can watch that movie at any time, that and Crimson Tide. A non-guilty movie is The Shawshank Redemption, cause it's an amazing movie I don't feel guilty. My TV taste vary a lot, reality wise I am an ink master/tattoo nightmares, deadliest catch kinda guy. Non-reality I loved Buffy when I was growing up, followed that to Angel, to Firefly, to Dollhouse, I am sure you see the theme. I also liked Smallville although I fell out of that a while ago. These days it's Dexter and Arrow.

My WoW setup right now is pretty cramped, Robyn and I are in a dorm apartment due to her work. So we have two desks side by side and I crammed my two monitors and home built machine on my desk. I am not going to list off the specs on my comp, but I do use a Razer blackwidow stealth keyboard and a naga epic mouse. I am a varied gamer I play everything from FPS to RTS, RPG to platformers. PC is my prefered gaming platform, I do however have a PS3 (primarily used for blu-ray watching)

If I wasn't playing WoW right now can be taken two ways to me. If it was what would I be doing if I wasn't playing video games? Well I'd probably be watching a little more TV, maybe trying to find a local hangout where people play board games. But if it is literally if WoW was deleted from my computer and I was banished from the universe, I'd probably play D3, SC2, CS:GO, get around to finishing Assassin's Creed Revelations and L.A. noire....oh man I have way to many games to finish *laugh*. So I'd probably be playing on those.

Anywho, I am a pretty friendly guy feel free to send me a message anytime.

Spencer
SpencerHD

Postby Johnny » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:56 pm

Hi Jules!

-Tell us something cool about where you live. My basement has wormwood paneling?

-What is your favorite guilty pleasure movie or TV show? I kinda got into Bunheads earlier this year. I plead insanity on that one.

-Describe your WoW setup (where you play, what things you have surrounding you, any cool gadgets you use, etc.): Used to have a gaming desktop set up, but now he's dead. My MacBook Pro is my gaming machine now. Ahem. With my cool Kensington mouse with a scroll wheel! Hard. Core.

-If you weren't playing WoW, what would you be doing? Probably finding a way to record more podcasts :)
Johnny

Postby JetrixAdune » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:54 am

Hey guys, Jetrix here, I mainly play on Horde-side US Thaurissian. Live in Sydney, Australia.

Tell us something cool about where you live.
Live 15 minutes from the Sydney Olympic Park used in the 2000 Olympics.

What is your favorite guilty pleasure movie or TV show?
A short 10 minute cartoon that used to run in Sydney when I was 15 called "Bounty Hamster"

Describe your WoW setup (where you play, what things you have surrounding you, any cool gadgets you use, etc).

I've got a duel screen set-up, two mice (an MMO one with Macros for general use, and a standard 2-button+scroll wheel one for raiding) and my sound has been setup to either output to my headset+mic or speakers for surround sound.

If you weren't playing WoW, what would you be doing?
Drumming on my kit, or Dragon boating.
JetrixAdune

Next

Return to Tauren Think Tank