Class Experts

We've created our own community guild with a focus on end game PvE content! If you've got something to say members of this community specifically... this is a good spot.

Class Experts

Postby Turarts » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:29 am

Are you very knowledgeable about your class/spec? Do you know all the little things like add-ons, stat priority, and where to go to find all the latest and greatest about your class? Do you want to help guildies be the best they can be? Then I am looking for you!

When talking to guild members at the most recent meet and greet, many expressed a need for having class experts. One place, or person, that guildies could go to get their questions answered about their class. I understand there are many websites that people can go to and research their class, but there is something different and more personal about having someone you know helping you out.

If this sounds like something you would want to do, then please fill out the information below. As far as what this project will involve, I am unsure at this point. I am waiting to see what kind of interest we can get before we decide anything for sure and to get your opinions on what we should do with this. Things like helping with bootcamps, roundtable, etc. are things I would like to see happen. Maybe creating a forum post for people to be able to post to and you will be responsible for checking up on it and answering questions. Possibly joining us for meet and greets when you can to answer questions and get to know guildies. As you can tell, there are a lot of ways we can go with this, but right now I am just curious to see what kind of interest there is from people willing to do this.

Here is the information I would like from you! Please either email this to ctrguildevents@gmail.com or send it in a forum message to me.

Name:
Class/Spec:
How long have you been playing that class/spec:
Experience:
Would you be able to answer questions or talk to people about your class/spec:
Anything else I should know?

Most likely I will be asking more information once we figure out where we want this to go. If you have any questions please let me know.

Thank you!

Turarts.
Turarts

Re: Class Experts

Postby Grebog » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:14 pm

Name: Lyndan

Class/Spec: Death Knight Blood

How long have you been playing that class/spec: 4 years

Experience: I have been tanking since Karazahn, but started as a prot warrior horde side. I made the move to DK at the end of Wrath, but started tanking as DK in Cataclysm. Back then, I was focussed mostly on normal raiding, but we did get into some heroic modes in Firelands and Dragon Soul. We even did a few solo tank strats in Dragon Soul with me as the tank, like Spine of Deathwing event. I am still tanking, but now within CTR on the team Messy, but Effective. We are a focussed minded team and working on Blackrock Foundry. And as things change with patches and hotfixes I am doing research to make sure I am aware of how the change effects me and if I need to adjust my play or change some talents and glyphs.

Would you be able to answer questions or talk to people about your class/spec: Yes

Anything else I should know? I enjoy helping others, so if you have questions, feel free to ask me about Blood DK. And if you use weak auras 2, I can pass you my weak aura setup that tracks nearly everything DK.
ImageImage
Grebog

Postby Accomp » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:17 pm

Name:
Accomp

Class/Spec:
Rogue - Combat/Assassination/Subtlety

I changed my main to a Rogue at the launch of Wrath in 2008.

Experience:
Former US progression raider. Lead of the LagBot raid team. Participant in the Ravenholdt Rogue community.

I'm always happy to help out. If I don't know the exact answer for a question, I'm always willing to get in touch with some of the top Rogues in the world via Ravenholdt to get the accurate information needed.

I'm fairly active, have presented two Rogue Bootcamps in the past. I'm very active on Twitter and am always willing to help out fellow Rogues improve. I'm usually always available - whether I'm in game or not.
Accomp

Postby imei2006 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:22 pm

Name:
Class/Spec: Shaman/Elemental
How long have you been playing that class/spec: I've played Elemental since my return to WoW in MoP almost two years ago.
Experience: I am currently a Heroic to Mythic Raider with Droppin' Jeeves 7/7H and 1/7 and 7/10H BRF. I have dabbled in other specs, but I am well versed in looking for resources to help me improve as an elemental shaman, and I am always glad to answer questions people have about the spec.
Would you be able to answer questions or talk to people about your class/spec: Yes I would be glad to help out any and all takers.
Anything else I should know? I am thrilled to share what I know about the spec, and what I have set up for weak auras as well to help with planning and working with your procs. Any other questions feel free to ask me on twitter @imei2006 or Blizzard ID imei2011#1145, and I'll be trying to stream a little more twitch.tv/imei2006
imei2006

Postby DravenDresden » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:06 am

Name:
Murdertramp

Class/Spec:
Paladin - Ret

Pre-Sunwell in TBC xpac

Experience:
2nd Paladin to level to 80 in Wrath. 3rd to level 85 in Cata. Missed H-LK kill 100% mount drop by 1 day. With few exceptions, clear the content during the expansion (if not during the tier itself).
Disclaimer: I am not (nor will ever claim to be) perfect. But I always strive to improve myself.

Yes.

The dress is/was black and blue. :)
DravenDresden

Postby Lacotll » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:22 am

Oh I'm soooo down for this!

Name:
Lacotll
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/aerie-peak/Lacotll/simple

Class/Spec:
Protection Paladin

Mid-WotLK

Experience:
Primary raid toon in WotLK. Took some time off from him in Cata to play a mage, but played Prot Pally through all of MoP and WoD.

Yes, I would absolutely love to do this. I could talk about Prot Pally'ing all day!

Currently, I'm the main tank and raid leader for The Edamame Enterprise. 1/7M and 8/10H progression as of 3/9.

Anyone that's interested in some one-on-one time can add my Bnet (sobjeck#1786), DM me on twitter (@lacotll_ctr) or email me (sobjecka@gmail.com). I would love to host a boot camp as well as I think getting multiple people in at once is good and can open up really good discussion about the class.

I'd also be open to making this open to people that are new to tanking. I think there's a lot of people out there still that are nervous about the responsibility of tanking and not sure how to go about getting into it. While the class specific stuff is very important, I think it's just as important to encourage more people to try tanking and give them the tools to succeed.

I like the forum post idea and would gladly volunteer to moderate that for Prot Paladins.

Availability:
Usually available Sundays.
Lacotll

Postby Turarts » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:44 pm

Hey everyone!

I am still trying to strum up interest for this! Right now, I am putting together a spreadsheet to show everyone interested and which classes we are missing.

I do plan on having a meeting sometime in the next few weeks to talk to you guys. I will let you know, because of real life, I am usually only available after 530pm server.

If you guys have any questions or suggestions please let me know! A spreadsheet will be included in the original post sometime today or tomorrow!

Turarts
Turarts

Postby Darkests » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:42 pm

Name: Darkests

Class/Spec: Prot. Warrior and Glad Stance Warrior

How long have you been playing that class/spec: Since Beta; pve and pvp

Experience: All server firsts on US-Eldre'thalas in Vanilla and tier 4, Top 100 raid experience in BC/WotLK, Heroic/Mythic Experience in MoP/WoD
Would you be able to answer questions or talk to people about your class/spec: Yes and Yes, ran a college radio station and worked for Marketing Company selling Direct Tv to Businesses. My favorite question to answer is "How do I get into tanking". I can answer questions in structured, open Q/A, or round table, Any format will work. Boot camps would be awesome, but finding time with enough people to participate could be troublsome. I also enjoyed the how the class explanations were handled in 5.4 on Convert to Raid Too. This allowed guildies/listeners access to what is talked about at anytime, rather than trying to make a special meeting.

Anything else I should know? I can run .5 past light speed :mrgreen: Seriously though, I have a wife, 6kids, and coach basketball and football. I need a heads up of atleast a week or so. I am however available to email @ Wilderjeffd7@gmail.com for any questions and comments. I also play a prot/holy pally, rogue, Blood Dk, and priest, just not to the level as my warriors. :)
Darkests

Postby firestar463 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:19 pm

Name: Firestar (Toon name - Blázestar)

Class/Spec: Survival Hunter

How long have you been playing that class/spec: ever since Dragon Soul, so over three years now.

Experience: Killed heroic Madness of Deathwing as survival, raided on my hunter as an alt all through Mists of Pandaria, currently my main once again. 7/7H highmaul and 7/10H blackrock foundry.

Would you be able to answer questions or talk to people about your class/spec: Absolutely

Anything else I should know? I also have limited experience with Marksmanship and Beast Mastery, but not nearly to the same level as survival. IRL, 4th-year at University studying for a BA in accounting and a minor in spanish. Go Wildcats!
firestar463

Re: Class Experts (Hunter)

Postby GrumpyKitten » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:12 pm

I'd like to throw my name into the hat for this.

Name: Banji
Class/Spec:Hunter BM(main) / MM(off)
How long have you been playing that class/spec:This hunter was my very first WoW character! Been my main since Wrath.
Would you be able to answer questions or talk to people about your class/spec: yep. :geek:

My current specs are BM/MM BUT! in SoO I played SV, so I'm familiar with all three. I swapped between all during Highmaul. [*Edit*: Forgot to say I raid with Tainted Core. Our current BRF progress is 6/10M, 10/10H]

Being a great hunter should go beyond just knowing class specifics and looking good on the damage meters. It's my personal belief that hunters have an unmatched ability to adapt to encounter mechanics. Knowing how to exploit the (albeit diminished) hunter toolkit for each fight and mechanic type is crucial for well-rounded performance.

A clean and concise interface goes a long way. I use hunter specific Macros, WA, TMW, and other UI goodies. The hunter community is healthy and there are many resources out there, some much better than others. I'm fairly confident in custom SimCraft and advanced log analysis.

Don't ask me about PvP, I'm clueless in that arena, sorry.
GrumpyKitten

Next

Return to The Convert to Raid Guild [A-Aerie Peak US]