How can we improve the guild in 2015?

We've created our own community guild with a focus on end game PvE content! If you've got something to say members of this community specifically... this is a good spot.

How can we improve the guild in 2015?

Postby PatKrane » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:13 pm

Hey guys!

It's that time of year when we look back to note big things in our lives and look forward to the possibilities in our future. We've had another great year in the CtR Guild; with a record number of player characters (over 9000!), a whole slew of raid teams, and an awesome community.

But let's take a look into the new year. What do you think we can do to improve? How can we make the CtR Guild experience better for our players? What would you like to see happen in 2015?

We already have a bunch of things we're working on to improve systems, communicate better with our guildies, and create some unique perks to being a part of our community. But we're always striving to make the CtR Guild the best we possibly can. So if you have ideas, please just reply to this post, or email ctrofficers@gmail.com

Thank you so much for a wonderful 2014, and we wish you only the best for 2015. Happy New Year!

Pat
GM of the Convert to Raid Guild
Also: Mhug, Ichabodd, Tikitembo, Sunnava, Morsel, Chugger
PatKrane

Re: How can we improve the guild in 2015?

Postby Kincapp » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:21 am

Ctr podcast live twice or three times a week.
Kincapp

Postby pudkud » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:10 am

Still waiting on that margarita machine for the office kitchen.

Incoming "pie in the sky" vaporware feature request

One thing that I think could help a great deal would be an in-game guild group/raid app. Much like Blizzards current LFD tool, but more focused toward CtR. I would envision something very similar to the Blizzard group creator, but would also have calendaring to list out future events for more structured raid/event organization.

Just knowing a few friends who have returned, but have chaotic schedules that do not allow them to commit to a team makes me believe a good majority or our players are in a similar situation. Blizzards LFD tool is a huge step forward, but you have to go outside of our community which means you do not make real connections. People also resist using webpages and forums. Having the ability in game to bring up a ctrlfd tool and see a list of adhoc as well as future raid and guild events would help out a great majority of our players.

Lastly, I have to apologize that I can only make the suggestion as I am not a developer. Yet another "hey this would be cool, someone should make it" guy. To those who have the skills to pay the bills, I tip my hat.

Also congrats to your team on your 7/7 and 1/7M. 2015 is gonna be a good one.
pudkud

Postby hasteur » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:22 am

pudkud wrote:...

One thing that I think could help a great deal would be an in-game guild group/raid app. Much like Blizzards current LFD tool, but more focused toward CtR. I would envision something very similar to the Blizzard group creator, but would also have calendaring to list out future events for more structured raid/event organization.

Just knowing a few friends who have returned, but have chaotic schedules that do not allow them to commit to a team makes me believe a good majority or our players are in a similar situation. Blizzards LFD tool is a huge step forward, but you have to go outside of our community which means you do not make real connections. People also resist using webpages and forums. Having the ability in game to bring up a ctrlfd tool and see a list of adhoc as well as future raid and guild events would help out a great majority of our players.

Have you looked athttp://www.converttoraid.com/guild recently? The events module is good for one offs. To pull back the curtain a bit, the Raid Planner tool is coming along and will have several nifty features. Not sure if you're wanting an in game addon, but part of the creedo (Community) means having CTRLFO be open to people outside the CTR family.
Host of Group Quest Podcast
Insane Warlock
Dabbler in many things
hasteur

Postby pudkud » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:29 am

hasteur wrote:
pudkud wrote:...

Have you looked athttp://www.converttoraid.com/guild recently? The events module is good for one offs. To pull back the curtain a bit, the Raid Planner tool is coming along and will have several nifty features. Not sure if you're wanting an in game addon, but part of the creedo (Community) means having CTRLFO be open to people outside the CTR family.

Hey Hasteur,

In game is exactly the meat of my post. I respect the work that has been put into the web app, but believe mods such as Blizzards groupfinder and before that oQueue out-shown web alternatives such as OpenRaid due to convenience as well as its ability to put groups together on the fly (without having to alt tab out of it). Anything out of game (forums included) is an uphill battle. As far as it being open to the rest of the server, it wouldn't be my decision as I am not a creator, only a suggester. I will say though that many people enjoy staying within guild for their groups, if it is just an option than we have the best of both worlds. Also easier as our Mumble server is not open to people outside the guild to the best of my knowledge (unless that has changed). I believe that CtR raid teams also stipulate CtR memberships. Not everything is open to the outside is what I am getting at, but an alternative for it is a good idea for this hypothetical mod for sure.
pudkud

Postby prosperity42 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:36 pm

As it stands, teams within the guild are at a rather massive handicap in that most of the tools designed to make raiding efficient are unavailable to raid leaders as we don't have the proper authorizations to do so. With a guild as big as this, there's no way to let us have any control at all over anything within the co-guilds, but I see no harm in allowing teams to form their own guilds for the express purpose of utilizing the tools available to almost every raid team outside of the guild.

Since neither of those options are viable though, perhaps it should just be settled to have things more streamlined and have more tools available to us through the program that's about to go into beta testing. Maybe perhaps even overhauling the recruitment and team page systems to make them less of a hassle and keep raid teams from losing their raider status twice and have to go through a huge ordeal just to get 75 gold in guild repairs.

The only other suggestion that I have is to not penalize teams for having to look outside of the community for recruits. CTR is a tool and should be easy to use.

Thanks!
Meraal

"That rug really tied the room together."
prosperity42

Postby wildwynd » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:24 am

pudkud wrote:StillOne thing that I think could help a great deal would be an in-game guild group/raid app. Much like Blizzards current LFD tool, but more focused toward CtR. I would envision something very similar to the Blizzard group creator, but would also have calendaring to list out future events for more structured raid/event organization.

I think this is a great idea. is there still an in-game group calender AddOn? This could be an alternative way to accomplish this. and leave the ability to include out of guild people. A CTRLFG Calender AddOn that people could download if they wanted to be a part of a pick up Raid group.
wildwynd

Postby PatKrane » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:15 pm

prosperity42 wrote:As it stands, teams within the guild are at a rather massive handicap in that most of the tools designed to make raiding efficient are unavailable to raid leaders as we don't have the proper authorizations to do so. With a guild as big as this, there's no way to let us have any control at all over anything within the co-guilds, but I see no harm in allowing teams to form their own guilds for the express purpose of utilizing the tools available to almost every raid team outside of the guild.

Since neither of those options are viable though, perhaps it should just be settled to have things more streamlined and have more tools available to us through the program that's about to go into beta testing. Maybe perhaps even overhauling the recruitment and team page systems to make them less of a hassle and keep raid teams from losing their raider status twice and have to go through a huge ordeal just to get 75 gold in guild repairs.

The only other suggestion that I have is to not penalize teams for having to look outside of the community for recruits. CTR is a tool and should be easy to use.

Thanks!
Meraal

Just to follow up with this a bit, as I think you may have some good points -- it's just pretty vague to me what you're talking about.

Which tools do you want raid leaders to have access to that they currently don't?
How would you overhaul the recruitment and team pages now? What are the key issues you'd like to see resolved?
How do we penalize teams for looking outside the guild?
How did you lose your raider status twice?

Obviously, there are some things in Warlords that we wanted to accomplish, some of which was cleaning up from MoP (it was quite a large process). There are other things, like guild bank funds, that we continue to monitor to try to make sure we can give raiders sustainable repair money over the long haul -- and we'll slowly adjust that as we can to try to give you more without crashing our banks in the process.

Recruitment within the guild will be evolving over 2015. We've got some really cool things going on with the website that's in development now, and it could make things easier/faster/better for you. But that's going to take some time before it's ready for deployment. So any tools you want, please let me know now so that we can either address it now or try to implement it in our future plans.

Recruitment outside of the guild should be a non-issue for teams right now. The only limitation would be mumble, but in the last guild town hall I said that it shouldn't be an issue to bring in those you need to from outside the guild. But that is one of the major guild tools that we have, and I want to make sure our members can use it first and foremost. So I don't quite understand how we penalize teams, or how we limit you other than not being able to post up guild recruitment in game (which I don't think people use much anyway).

The only tool I can think of that some might think would make raid leading more efficient are addons for EPGP (et al) that interact with officer notes in game. Because we have so many different teams, this is something that would never be sustainable in CtR. Raiders can now raid on multiple teams, downing multiple bosses in the same difficulty every week... and I can just see addons like that causing serious issues. But if there's something else missing, please let me know!
PatKrane

Postby Mazer » Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:02 am

The main tool it feels like we're missing (from a raid perspective) is the guildbank. It is cumbersome to have to use an alt-guild to handle that business, which results in a lot of folks not bothering and just using the AH rather than resources we've stocked. As much as I love the guild as a whole, I'm not inclined to dump enchants that are worth 10k into the CTR Bank and risk them not going to my raid team.

I have no good solution for this. The obvious one (from my perspective) would be giving each raid team a bank tab -- but I suspect that would be a nightmare for the raid liaisons.

Unfortunately, the way the guild system is set up right now in WoW doesn't lend itself well to having several separate teams within the same guild.

edit: I guess what my best suggestion is for y'all to press the devs on guild features next time you get them on the show!
Mazer

Postby PatKrane » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:32 am

Mazer wrote:The main tool it feels like we're missing (from a raid perspective) is the guildbank. It is cumbersome to have to use an alt-guild to handle that business, which results in a lot of folks not bothering and just using the AH rather than resources we've stocked. As much as I love the guild as a whole, I'm not inclined to dump enchants that are worth 10k into the CTR Bank and risk them not going to my raid team.

I have no good solution for this. The obvious one (from my perspective) would be giving each raid team a bank tab -- but I suspect that would be a nightmare for the raid liaisons.

Unfortunately, the way the guild system is set up right now in WoW doesn't lend itself well to having several separate teams within the same guild.

edit: I guess what my best suggestion is for y'all to press the devs on guild features next time you get them on the show!

I hear ya on this -- I really do. But like you said, WoW isn't set up for having THIS MANY teams in a system like ours. Even if we were to create individual tabs for raid teams (not that we are), there would be security issues because of the way that ranks work with bank access. In order to function well we need a bunch of ranks just for administration purposes, and in order to make individual bank tabs securely accessible to individual teams, we'd want to create a rank for each bank slot. Management of this becomes... well... difficult at best.

But I'll take a look at it and see if anything can be done, fairly and equally, across all guilds. If we can come up with an actual solution, we'll make it happen. Until that day, however, we need to continue down the path of being a community bank.

[edit] I did some poking around, and currently our coguilds have between 4 and 7 raid teams each. Unfortunately, I don't think we can have a secure solution that's fair to all teams.
PatKrane

Next

Return to The Convert to Raid Guild [A-Aerie Peak US]