Wildstar is crumbling

We've created our own community guild with a focus on end game PvE content! If you've got something to say members of this community specifically... this is a good spot.

Wildstar is crumbling

Postby grimock » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:28 pm

I just tuned into a popular Wildstar podcast for their final episode. They all have unsubbed and they spent the episode talking about all the mistakes that were make (along with the former lead-UI designer of the game). They discussed resource sites that have shut down too.

With them losing subs, I wonder if people are going to hit up Destiny for a month or so and then come flooding back to WoW for Draenor.
Grimhock of the Coalesce Team
100 Disc/Holy Priest
grimock

Re: Wildstar is crumbling

Postby thissx » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:35 am

Yes and they are also advertising their new "mega servers". So already the are having to merge servers. Its too bad as its not a terrible game. Myself i was planning on un-subbing due to a lack of time to play the game. After SWTOR and now WildStar I don't think i'll bother with any mmo other than WoW anymore.
Image Image Image
thissx

Postby grimock » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:17 pm

Age of Conan, Warhammer Online, Guild Wars 2, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Rift, SWTOR, and now ESO and Wildstar...

Too many times I've told myself, "welp WoW is done for, this is the next big thing". Every time I'm wrong. I need to stop nuking my account when I leave >.>
Grimhock of the Coalesce Team
100 Disc/Holy Priest
grimock

Postby Buzz » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:41 pm

I really liked SWTOR before it went F2P but didnt have a rig that could run the graphics very well. Got a new rig and tried and so many things you cant do if you don't have a subscription. That's why I am back at WoW.
Buzz

Postby Amanzi » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:05 am

All these Mmo's miss a few key thing.
1. Work on mac. A lot of the target market for Mmo's, creatives and students have Mac computers. It's really important to cover this segment of the market.
2. Poor billing systems. Anybody try signup for swtor? It was a nightmare, this process was really poorly implemented.
3. Poorly designed start up processes. I play swtor and neverwinter, or should I rather say try play. But after 5-10 stuck on the loading screen kills me. With wow I sit down and 2min later I'm in game doing things.
4. Targeting ppl that are already thinking of unsubbing. I believe that ppl that are already looking to unsub are going to do it the move to another mmo is just a step in that direction.
5. Disposable income. Micro transactions are cheap. But if you start adding subscriptions for this and that. You quickly find urself with $100s per month locked up in subs. It really adds up quickly.

My warning to wow.
They need to appeal to a younger generation and bring them into the franchises. We all grew up on Warcraft. My 18yr old son has never heard of it. The movie will bring people in but they need to start appealing to younger ppl to sign up. The fast track to 90 is a good start but there needs to be a catch up mechanism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Amanzi

Postby Thurro » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:43 pm

Amanzi wrote:1. Work on mac. A lot of the target market for Mmo's, creatives and students have Mac computers. It's really important to cover this segment of the market.

Living proof of this. Despite interest, I've not tried Rift, SWTOR, The Secret World, Landmark, Wildstar, or ArcheAge for this exact reason.

Before someone says bootcamp; why would I want to slow my rig down by running Windows and not have my usual desktop, applications, and setup without having to boot back.
Thurro

Postby Crescent » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:18 pm

Well the obvious reason is obvious... to play those games, right? :P Beats the alternative of taking the time and expense to build another PC dedicated to Windows then *still* have to boot it up to play those games. /wink
ImageImageImageImage
Crescent

Return to The Convert to Raid Guild [A-Aerie Peak US]