New player! (Flyntloch)

We've created our own community guild with a focus on end game PvE content! If you've got something to say members of this community specifically... this is a good spot.

New player! (Flyntloch)

Postby Okiemurse » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:26 pm

Hey guys, I was reading over the forums today and I realized I still haven't put up a New Player post despite the fact that I've been with you guys for a month or so!

First off, some get-to-know-ya stuff. I'm Corey, I'm 31 years old and I live in Norman, Oklahoma. I work as a RN at the nearby hospital. I used to work days but I just recently moved to night shift, 7p-7a central time. I have a wife who works as well and a 1 year old son with LOTS of energy. I was enticed into resubbing WoW and introduced to the guild by Shoez who plays with me in our local D&D group.

I used my free WoD boost to bring up my old main, a Dwarven Beastmastery Hunter. I really enjoy the BM playstyle and I was thrilled to see that it is a competitive build nowadays. Since then I have bumbled around and somehow got my iLvl up to 520, culminating in my first kill of Garrosh the other night in a fantastic LFR group. The next big thing I need to do is get a cloak (I'm on the 3000 valor bit) and find some nice people to raid with.

My work nights change week to week based on census at the hospital and I don't have a whole lot of control over that. I also prioritize my family and RL friends over anything on the computer. I really enjoy raiding but I may be best suited being a PUG player or being in a raid team that is casual-friendly due to my schedule.

I also spend a TON of time pursuing achievements, raising reputations, pet battling, and generally just wasting time in game (I currently only have the Darkmoon Faire faction left to do on The Insane achievement and I'm working on Loremaster) and I am notorious for always forgetting to do my dailies. That being said, when I do raid I take my job very seriously and I try to stay 100% gemmed, enchanted, reforged, and flasked even in LFR. I never get bothered by wipes and I view them as a natural part of raiding and a great opportunity to examine technique and improve play without getting out the Blamethrowers. It disheartens me when people quit a raid after 3 wipes on a boss, especially when we are in LFR and have that tasty tasty 3 stacks of Determination buff.

I have Mumble and sometimes just hang out in the lobby while I quest. Feel free to say hey there or in game anytime.

Looking forward to seeing some of you guys in a raid sometime!
Okiemurse

Re: New player! (Flyntloch)

Postby Heptarian » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:48 pm

Welcome Flynt! I know that we have spoken, even only briefly through guild chat, so I wanted to say hello and see you in game soon! I too have only recently joined the guild but I love it!

I have met a lot of fun people here, have done an awesome LFR run and flex run so far and have learned quite a lot from everyone I played with (Now let's hope I can remember it......haha). This is a great place to make friends.

Barkrodgers/Heptarian
Heptarian

Return to The Convert to Raid Guild [A-Aerie Peak US]