Mumble Installation/Setup Guide!

We've created our own community guild with a focus on end game PvE content! If you've got something to say members of this community specifically... this is a good spot.

Re: Mumble Installation/Setup Guide!

Postby Copperbolt » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:18 pm

The ingame overlay is actually a setting in Mumble itself. Apparently it does not work for Windows 7 or Macs.. :(
Salad Senate - 25M Normal (Wed & Thurs 7-10 PST)
Copperbolt

Location: Just south of the Convert to Raid Headquarters in Minneapolis.

Postby ashden » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:29 pm

Well that explains it and all I have is a Windows 7 pc and a Mac. Oh well will just have to work on getting to know people's voices the old fashion way.
ashden

Postby Sal » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:04 am

ashden wrote:Question on the in-game overlay for who is speaking do I need an addon for that? I have the pop up in my system tray when someone leaves or enters a channel. I know mumble has the option for in-game overlay when someone is speaking and that would help a lot for raiding till I get to know peoples voices.

OMG, I had never even heard of that before. I'm prob going to get a PC soon (I have a Mac now) and that will be an awesome change.

Visit me on my WoW Blog at http://www.TheyCallMeSal.com or my podcast at http://www.ConvertedPodcast.com
Sal

Postby Bangaii » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:29 pm

It works with Windows 7. Works just fine when i log into Planet Side 2 and am still logged into mumble. Someone told me you have to be running in full screen mode. Not window mode. I run window and have not tested that theory though.
Bangaii

Postby smawhorter » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:24 am

Supposedly, if you force WoW to DX9 and then run mumble as admin and wow as admin in addition to having wow.exe and launcher.exe
in whitelist. I haven't tried this yet but I will tonight and then will update this post.
Image Image
Yes, I have a 90 of every class!
smawhorter

Postby diagobd2 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:42 am

Macs and overlay do not mix, as far as my experience has told me. I don't have anything official to go off of here, but make sure that this feature is turned off and try again.

Postby Loruichi » Mon May 20, 2013 8:22 pm

When I first installed mumble I did have a ton of issues with the client crashing on start up with error code 2203.
After some Google searching and reading up and down a few topics describing the problem, and multiple solutions about running a "clean" start up of the system and so on and so forth, I found a solution that so far seems to work for me.
I uninstalled the client and re-downloaded a new setup file and then found the folder the file was contained in and checked it to "run as administrator" in its properties (right click).
Then followed the installation wizard while keeping track of your guide on, which by the way is very helpful.

After completing installation of the client, "yeah baby, one step closer", DOOOONGG!! enormous windows error sound.
Now the client crashed for no obvious reason and no error code popped up, so I went on and found the folder where the executable was and checked this one as well to "run as administrator". -nothing!
Last thing I knew of to play around with was the compatible settings and this is where I seem to finally have found the jackpot.
Changing this to "run in Win XP SP3 compatible mode" and starting the client finally opened mumble for me.

:D yey ....

but now I have a question for YOU
DAMDAMDAMDAAAAMMMM.. PASSWORD
I honestly have no idea how I brought my self to believe I could just log into it without any PW.

So I'm from EU and playing wow on an EU client and I'm not part of any CTR guild in game, as I found out after some research that this is where you keep your PW safe.
As only a forum user/member,and a fairly new one, is there any way for me to join you guys on mumble?
Loruichi

How to backup your Mumble Certificate.

Postby Navox » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:47 am

Posted to assist registered mumble users (Channel Officers) on how to back up their mumble settings in case they want to reformat their pc or transfer it to a new one.

Backing up a Mumble Trusted Certificate

In order to backup your Mumble trusted certificate a connection to a Mumble server is not required.

Open your Mumble connection client.
Click on Configure in the top menu and select Certificate Wizard.
Click on the dot next to Export Current Certificate.
Click the Next button on the bottom of the Certificate Management window.
Click the Save As button on the right to select the Export to destination.
Name the file like you are saving any file and then click the Save button on the bottom of the window.
Click the Finish button on the bottom of the Certificate Management window.
If you are traveling or just backing up your Certificate it is recommended that you use a USB drive and not save the file on your local hard drive.

Importing a Mumble Trusted Certificate

In order to import your Mumble trusted certificate a connection to a Mumble server is not required.
Open your Mumble connection client.
Click on Configure in the top menu and select Certificate Wizard.
Click on the dot next to Import a Certificate.
Click the Next button on the bottom of the Certificate Management window.
Click the Open button on the right to select the Import from source location.
Select the .P12 exported file from the saved location and click the Open button.
Click the Next button twice on the bottom of the Certificate Management window.
Click the Finish button on the bottom of the Certificate Management window.
Navox

Postby Venadin » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:15 pm

Just some quick things if you are using OS X Mavericks for Push to Talk:
1. They moved the assistive devices to the security control panel. It auto detects vent but you'll have to drag and drop mumble into the list.
2. You may have to manually set your keyboard as US. It seems to be defaulting the setting to Japanese keyboards.
Venadin

Postby JigsawSaint » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:17 pm

Having a bit of an issue accessing the server. "Wrong certificate or password"

I'm using the information from the in game guild-info tab (current).

I've tried running as admin, reinstalling, etc.,..

I'll continue the effort. I've used mumble in prior guilds etc.,.. the mumble struggle is real!

not too terribly stressed about this, but would be nice to be able to join :)
JigsawSaint

PreviousNext

Return to The Convert to Raid Guild [A-Aerie Peak US]