Mumble Installation/Setup Guide!

We've created our own community guild with a focus on end game PvE content! If you've got something to say members of this community specifically... this is a good spot.

Re: Mumble Installation/Setup Guide!

Postby Miles » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:24 pm

Hi,

I am having trouble logging into ctr mumble, it keeps saying "wrong server password for unregistered user account". I've checked the server info and password, and tried using different user names, but no luck. I recently moved so I'm not sure if that's causing the problem. Not sure what to do.
Miles

Postby Navox » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:23 am

Miles wrote:Hi,

I am having trouble logging into ctr mumble, it keeps saying "wrong server password for unregistered user account". I've checked the server info and password, and tried using different user names, but no luck. I recently moved so I'm not sure if that's causing the problem. Not sure what to do.

This is probably the issue. What is the username you normally use for mumble? If you do not want to put it here, you can shoot an email to ctrofficers@gmail.com or pm me here.
Navox

Postby Miles » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:00 pm

The username I use is Miles. Thanks for the help, I've been trying everything I can think of with no luck.
Miles

Postby Navox » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:29 pm

Miles, I do not see your name under registered users.

I would make sure you have all of the correct information. The mumble password did change recently and it is case sensitive.

Also, for troubleshooting purposes... could you ping mumble.signalsmedia.com and let me know the results?
Navox

Postby Miles » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:20 pm

Dang I feel like such a dope! I recently was changing some of my settings in Elvui, and chose a font that shows up in only uppercase letters. So the new password was showing up in all uppercase. Not going to use that font anymore lol. Thanks for your help, who knows how long I would have been chasing my tail.
Miles

Postby Anisha » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:43 am

I just changed computers and I'm trying to log into mumble but I keep getting the "wrong certificate or password" error. As far as I can tell I'm using the right info, although the address in the guild info is different than the address you used in your example at the beginning of the thread. Which is correct?
No thanks, I prefer a deity, or an alt, for each of my personalities.
Anisha

Postby Navox » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:12 am

Anisha wrote:I just changed computers and I'm trying to log into mumble but I keep getting the "wrong certificate or password" error. As far as I can tell I'm using the right info, although the address in the guild info is different than the address you used in your example at the beginning of the thread. Which is correct?

Anisha, the reason you are unable to currently connect is that your name you use to log into mumble is already registered. To get around this in the short term. Change your login name.

What name do you currently use for mumble? One of the mumble admins can free up the name and then you can use it again. :D

Edit: 11:54 am - You may be able to reuse the name Anisha at this time. Please email ctrofficers@gmail.com or reply to this thread if you are still unable to.
Navox

Postby Anisha » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:40 pm

Thank you! I still couldn't log in using 'Anisha' so I changed my name. I figure Anishame still gets the point across. :-)
No thanks, I prefer a deity, or an alt, for each of my personalities.
Anisha

Previous

Return to The Convert to Raid Guild [A-Aerie Peak US]