Ask Zhug Anything!

We've created our own community guild with a focus on end game PvE content! If you've got something to say members of this community specifically... this is a good spot.

Re: Ask Zhug Anything!

Postby Cilraaz » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:07 am

Howdy Zhug,

I'm a Twitch streamer and thinking about starting a podcast (working on the basics like, you know, topic and length, lol). I currently have a pretty decent starting setup, but was wondering what you would suggest to add to it, whether hardware, software, room changes, etc. Here's what I'm currently working with:

My computer:
i5 2500k @ 4.6GHz
8GB RAM
Radeon 7870 XT
Dual monitor setup
On-board sound card (Realtek ALC892)
Windows 7

Audio equipment:
Behringer Xenyx 502 configured in a "loop" (mixer output to sound card input and vice versa)
CAD GXL2200 cardioid condenser microphone (XLR to mixer)
Microphone scissor arm

Software:
OBS for streaming
Audacity for offline recording
ooVoo (or Skype) for guests (sometimes my wife is on my stream)

I want to add some soundboard software for live sounders (to save time in post on the potential podcast, as well as to mess with my stream viewers). In any case, if you have one (or two, or three, or...) piece(s) of hardware/software to add or other fundamental changes to make, I'd appreciate your advice to help me plan my forward roadmap. Thanks!
Cilraaz

Postby Allaataara » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:35 pm

Hello Zhug, i play a second mmo on Tuesdays called dc universe online and would like to know if i have permition to make a league"a guild in this game" called convert to raid for people that play both games like i do and want to raid on dcuo together with the same friendly people and good friends.
Allaataara

Postby Zitheris » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:57 am

Zhug,
I'm thinking about taking a few months off from July until the launch of Warlords. I assume that when my subscription expires my toon's will be removed from the guild. I can request a leave of absence or would it just be easier to reapply to the guild when Warlord launches? My only concern is that CTR is continually growing and would I be able to get invited back. I have several toons in the guild but I'm only really concerned with my two mains, Zelind and Zelvez.
Thank You for the awsome guild!
Zitheris

Postby Krushe » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:55 am

Zhug,

With the current Blizzcon announcement when should we expect some info on a CtR get together? Shirts anyone? Shirts?

Krushe
Krushe

Postby PatKrane » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:41 pm

Zitheris wrote:Zhug,
I'm thinking about taking a few months off from July until the launch of Warlords. I assume that when my subscription expires my toon's will be removed from the guild. I can request a leave of absence or would it just be easier to reapply to the guild when Warlord launches? My only concern is that CTR is continually growing and would I be able to get invited back. I have several toons in the guild but I'm only really concerned with my two mains, Zelind and Zelvez.
Thank You for the awsome guild!

No need to reapply! You have a couple of options:

1. Get put into Extended Leave. This will ensure that your toon(s) will not be kicked from the guild. When you come back (assuming Blizz hasn't done something weird with your characters in the meantime), you'll need to talk to an officer to be reinstated to your proper rank.
2. Let your toons get kicked for inactivity for 60 days, and when you come back you can get reinvited into the guild by an officer.

Either way, you're good to go! If you want to get placed in Extended Leave, please email ctrofficers@gmail.com

Thanks!
GM of the Convert to Raid Guild
Also: Mhug, Ichabodd, Tikitembo, Sunnava, Morsel, Chugger
PatKrane

Postby PatKrane » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:42 pm

Krushe wrote:Zhug,

With the current Blizzcon announcement when should we expect some info on a CtR get together? Shirts anyone? Shirts?

Krushe

We are just starting our Blizzcon plans. Please slow down. :P
PatKrane

Postby PatKrane » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:48 pm

Allaataara wrote:Hello Zhug, i play a second mmo on Tuesdays called dc universe online and would like to know if i have permition to make a league"a guild in this game" called convert to raid for people that play both games like i do and want to raid on dcuo together with the same friendly people and good friends.

I'd rather you not call it Convert to Raid, as people can confuse that as being run by the CtR Guild. I don't mind you starting a group and calling it whatever you like and promoting it on the forums, however! Please use this area as a way to call attention to other games and your participation in them. :)
PatKrane

Postby PatKrane » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:51 pm

Cilraaz wrote:Howdy Zhug,

I'm a Twitch streamer and thinking about starting a podcast (working on the basics like, you know, topic and length, lol). I currently have a pretty decent starting setup, but was wondering what you would suggest to add to it, whether hardware, software, room changes, etc. Here's what I'm currently working with:

My computer:
i5 2500k @ 4.6GHz
8GB RAM
Radeon 7870 XT
Dual monitor setup
On-board sound card (Realtek ALC892)
Windows 7

Audio equipment:
Behringer Xenyx 502 configured in a "loop" (mixer output to sound card input and vice versa)
CAD GXL2200 cardioid condenser microphone (XLR to mixer)
Microphone scissor arm

Software:
OBS for streaming
Audacity for offline recording
ooVoo (or Skype) for guests (sometimes my wife is on my stream)

I want to add some soundboard software for live sounders (to save time in post on the potential podcast, as well as to mess with my stream viewers). In any case, if you have one (or two, or three, or...) piece(s) of hardware/software to add or other fundamental changes to make, I'd appreciate your advice to help me plan my forward roadmap. Thanks!

I'm no equipment expert when it comes to computer stuff, only recently stumbling back to PC myself, but it looks like you've got a pretty good setup. I don't know of any soundboards for PC off hand, but you can always use an iTunes playlist or any other media player like that... or your smart phone!

Good luck on your endeavors!
PatKrane

Postby Bruceknee » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:54 pm

Hey Zhug,

I am looking into doing some streaming on twitch as im playing some games and ive noticed people playing music in the background.

I guess my Question is is it ok to play music from like I-tunes or google play if you own the music, I have checked out twitch forums but they are clear as mud.

can you help me

Thanks

noel
Bruceknee

Postby PatKrane » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:20 am

noel3166 wrote:Hey Zhug,

I am looking into doing some streaming on twitch as im playing some games and ive noticed people playing music in the background.

I guess my Question is is it ok to play music from like I-tunes or google play if you own the music, I have checked out twitch forums but they are clear as mud.

can you help me

Thanks

noel

Streaming with music is kind of mainstream, but I won't say anything about legality. Obviously if you were trying to sell these individual streams or packaging them somehow, that would be quite illegal. There is a lot of gray area here, and if you like gray matter please wade on in. If not, don't. Just a warning: gray area is dangerous.
PatKrane

PreviousNext

Return to The Convert to Raid Guild [A-Aerie Peak US]