Convert to Raid Guild FAQ

We've created our own community guild with a focus on end game PvE content! If you've got something to say members of this community specifically... this is a good spot.

Convert to Raid Guild FAQ

Postby SpencerHD » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:02 am

Hey guys!

Here's a list of frequently asked questions we've gotten since we announced the Convert to Raid guild on January 20th, 2013. I'll try to update this as needed, but I wanted to make sure to post this somewhere.

How do I get in?
Head over to our website at http://www.converttoraid.com/apply and answer a few questions. Your character must be level 15 (60 for DKs). We do this in part to ensure an active healthy guild community, and it's our way to encourage guildies to have fun together!

Did you get my application?

All queries about your application can be handled in game. When on Aerie Peak (alliance), /join CTRLFO -- our looking for officers channel -- and ask your questions to an officer. Be sure to check out our invite times in the guild policies and rules found here: viewtopic.php?f=58&t=1671 If an officer isn't present and you can't make those times, please email ctrofficers@gmail.com

What about my alts?
All alts are welcome, and there is no need to fill out a new application. We ask that all alts adhere to the minimum level requirements, naming policies and any other guild guidelines, please visit our guild policies and rules page: viewtopic.php?f=58&t=1671

Is there still room?
Yep. We currently have a number of co-guilds, each of which has at least some space (some more than others). These co-guilds, along with any future co-guilds, are 100% equal with each other and in no way will be looked at by the officers with any sort of ranking. Officers will maintain characters within all co-guilds, and we encourage all players to work together with a single guild mentality. We are merely working within the confines set by Blizzard, and will never favor one co-guild over the other.

You will need an addon called Greenwall, which can be found on Curse by just clicking this link. Just download it and activate... nothing else! Configuration has been done for you already, and this addon will just run in the background to allow both guilds to see guild chat as a single community.

To maintain as active a membership as possible we do some house cleaning regularly. During this period we will remove all characters who are inactive. There is more information on this in our guild policies and rules: viewtopic.php?f=58&t=1671

Did you expect such a HUGE initial launch?
We had no idea what to expect, and our first week blew us away! Thanks to all those that have come over and have been so active!

What's going on with Mumble?

We currently have a 300 person mumble server, ready for you and your team!

How do I find a raid team?
With the thousands of characters that have joined our ranks, the guild does not (nor could it) officially manage or create raid teams. But you're in the right place! There are raid teams forming on the Team Pages: viewforum.php?f=57 and there's even a place to sign up if you're a free agent: viewforum.php?f=59

Want to start a team or join a team? Start your online search at the link above, or hop in game and start a conversation in guild chat or /join CTRLFG (Convert to Raid Looking for Group channel).

Do I get to raid with the guys from the show?
Sure. While we're a part of our own raid team, we're doing LFR's on a regular basis and running old content as we can. Check your in game calendars and these forums for special events.

When will we see the CtR Guild on EU servers or Horde side?
There are no plans currently to spread out our guild at all because we want everyone to play together. Unfortunately, Blizzard has set up divisions in game that don't allow this, so we had to make some tough choices. But as a guild, we would rather stay on a single server and in a single faction so that we can share a common experience, and share it together with friends. Unity is power! (Was that too over the top?)

What's the best way to give constructive feedback?
You're in the right place! Just start your own thread in this area: viewforum.php?f=65 , or you can always email us at ctrofficers@gmail.com

Thanks everyone. If you still have questions, please post them on this thread, and we'll try to answer them as best we can, and maybe move them to the top.
SpencerHD

Return to The Convert to Raid Guild [A-Aerie Peak US]