Dungeons and Dragons 4e

Dungeons and Dragons 4e

Postby prosperity42 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:39 am

Hey guys! Juurei here. I just wanted to let you all know that if you're at all into RP and want to understand the concept of RPGs as we know them today, or just want to have something to do with your buddies every now and then, play D&D. If you've never played D&D before, best place to start is the Red Box (starter kit. Just ask for the red box at your local comic book store, they'll know exactly what you're talking about) or one of the quest box kits like Wrath of Ashardalon. It's a lot of fun and if you're interested and want to talk to me about it, feel free to ask!

I do want to share my experience with you guys, though. I started playing with a group of guys I've been playing WoW with for years now. I was at Barnes and Nobles a few months ago and saw the Wrath of Ashardalon box set and called up one of my buddies and asked him if he would be interested in getting into D&D with me... He said yes and I bought the box set on the spot. We got another two of our friends together and went through a lot of the quests that came with the box. It was so much fun, but all of us being veteran gamers, we decided it was time we got into the original. So about 3 weeks ago, me and my buddy went and got the red box. We came home immediately and busted out the character sheets and went to town on them with the guide that comes with it. We didn't have a DM, and there were only 3 of us that actually have the time to be sitting down for 3 or more hours at a time to do anything, so I had to pick up the role of DM and play my character at the same time. It's very difficult to do this, mainly being the fact that your character doesn't know the things you know as a DM until they make the appropriate checks and all. But as long as you can keep things together and separated, it's a very rewarding experience.

Anyways, we've now had 2 full sessions of D&D play time, and we're still on the campaign that came with the red box. I highly recommend it if you have the people and the time.

This thread I'm making is to discuss anything with D&D, new and old players alike. I'm also interested to see how many of you are fellow dungeon crawlers! :D

"That rug really tied the room together."
prosperity42

Re: Dungeons and Dragons 4e

Postby Carpie » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:01 pm

I think that's awesome Prosperity. D&D is a game I always wanted to try but never really had the opportunity to (other than to watch others play a couple times or get to partake once or twice). And for whatever reason it has been on my mind a lot the last couple of weeks. It used to be that everyone had to get together to play but now with skype and everything, I'm wondering if there are any groups out there playing across the net. If so, I'd be interested in joining one!
Carpie

Re: Dungeons and Dragons 4e

Postby Pielani » Sun May 11, 2014 1:52 pm

Anybody heard of "Fantasy Grounds"? It allows for over the internet D&D if you have the software. You can get it on steam or from there website. I just downloaded the demo which lets you play with a sample adventure, but still...
Pielani

Return to Table Top Games