[PST] Recruiting <Coalesce> [8pm-1030pm Tue/Wed] [9/14H SoO]

Old team pages from the MoP expansion

Re: [PST] [<Coalesce> 10m] [8pm-1030pm Tue/Wed] [9/14H SoO]

Postby StoicSloth » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:19 am

I love it!

I also read up on that article, Bone. My first reaction is inline with most of the comments. I don't want them to slow things down, its what I love about my dk. I was only half serious about switching classes before that article. If things are too slow, I may lose interest in dk entirely. Of course, we'll see how things play out on live.
StoicSloth

Postby Miles » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:40 am

I now know why small green puddles appear under my feet in my new transmog. It's from wading through all those green warlock tears!
Miles

Postby Squigy » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:26 pm

Link to Armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... axx/simple

Currently on Aerie Peak?
[X]: Yes
[ ]: No

[ Vellaxx ]: Character Name
[ DK ]: Character Class [Death Knight, Druid, Hunter, Mage, Monk, Paladin, Priest, Rogue, Shaman, Warrior, Warlock]
[ DPS ]: Main Spec/Primary Role [Tank/Healer/DPS plus Spec Tree]
[ TANK ]: Off-Spec/Secondary Role [Tank/Healer/DPS plus Spec Tree]

Raiding Info

[ 2,3 ]: Raiding Experience [Enter 0-4: 0-New to Raiding, 1-Some Raiding, 2-Casual Raiding, 3-Progressive Raiding, 4-Hardcore Progressive]
[ 2,3 ]: Desired Raiding Group Type(s) [Enter 0-4: 0-Weekly Guild LFR, 1-Casual-Normal, 2-Casual-Normal & Heroic, 3-Progressive, 4-Hardcore Progressive]
[ 10/25 ]: Desired Raid Team Size [10/25]

Availability [Use Server Times; enter desired time ranges when available (e.g., 9:30PM-2:00AM). Leave the "X" if you are unavailable]

[ X ]: Sundays
[ 6PM-11PM PST ]: Mondays
[ 6PM-11PM PST ]: Tuesdays
[ 6PM-11PM PST ]: Wednesdays
[ 6PM-11PM PST ]: Thursdays
[ 6PM-11PM PST ]: Fridays
[ X ]: Saturdays

Leadership

Raider Leadership/Assist
[ N ]: Do you have experience leading a raiding team? [Y/N]
[ N ]: Are you interested in being a raid leader? [Y/N]
[ N ]: Are you interested in being an assistant raid leader? [Y/N]
Class Leader
[ Y ]: Are you willing to help others improve their raiding experience by providing helpful, constructive advice? [Y/N]

Short Answer Questions

What are your raiding goals for this expansion?
[ I want to progress and clear content from start to finish with a group in WOD and beyond! ]
What makes a raiding group especially good for you?
[ I like working in a team environment to overcome challenges and I support my group 100% ]
What factors lead to a less successful raiding experience for you?
[ Not starting on time and completing on time, lack of preparedness ]
How do you prepare your character for raiding?
[ I tend to get on early before raid to make sure I have all my food, flasks etc. needed for the raid, repair gear and wait outside the instance ]
Aside from listening to the most excellent "Convert to Raid" podcast, how do you prepare for raid encounters?
[ Watch some videos on whatever encounter we might be attempting to make sure I have a general understanding of the encounter and my role, positioning etc. ]
Anything else you might want a prospective raid leader to know about you?
[ I have tanked pre Wrath all raid content on my warrior and my DK has been my main since Wrath, so I know my class very well and keep up with class changes etc. to make sure I am performing at a high level. I would also like to tank or dps in WOD and beyond.
Battle Tag Vellax#1462
DK - Vellaxx
Aerie Peak - US
Squigy

Postby Miles » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:14 am

Just let you know Bone, if you want to try some new people out next week, I can sit on the bench to open up a spot. I'm 50/50 if I want to heal or dps in WoD (pretty sure you and Jin both want to keep tanking). Kind of want to see who we can bring in right away to see what classes we need.
Miles

Postby TaxmanCDN » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:07 am

I knew Miles wanted to tank. He's got taunt bound to his #1 key.
TaxmanCDN

Postby Bonemud » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:18 pm

I think on tuesday we'll try to kill garrosh normal mode then call it till patch. Ill do some recruitment in the mean time. I'm open to switching to heals. I'm a bad dps so thats not an option. Dont worry miles we'll sort it all out.
Team Lead of <Coalesce>
Bonemud

Re: [PST] [<Coalesce> [8pm-1030pm Tue/Wed] [9/14H SoO]Recrui

Postby Bonemud » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:03 pm

Hey Squigy sorry about the delay I've been busy with some real life stuff. I'm not sure right now if we're recruiting a DK but I'll let you know once I figure it out. You can hit me up in game if you see me and want to chat.
Team Lead of <Coalesce>
Bonemud

Postby grimock » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:22 pm

Holy Priest looking for a raid team home. My gear is junk right now (because I'm re-booting after a 9 mo. break), but I've got loads of hardcore experience. Your schedule is perfect for me.

Armory Links
• Current: Grimhock, ilvl 502 Priest
• This is my old priest, before I retired him 9 months ago

Currently on Aerie Peak? (Non Member Only)
[ ]: Yes
[ ]: No

Basic Info

Character Name: Grimhock
Class: Priest
Spec: Holy / Disc (I prefer Holy, but this whole xpac was basically mandatory disc)
Off-spec: DPS capable as Shadow

Raiding Info

[ 3 to 4 ]: Raiding Experience [Enter 0-4: 0-New to Raiding, 1-Some Raiding, 2-Casual Raiding, 3-Progressive Raiding, 4-Hardcore Progressive]
[ 3 ]: Desired Raiding Group Type(s) [Enter 0-4: 0-Weekly Guild LFR, 1-Casual-Normal, 2-Casual-Normal & Heroic, 3-Progressive, 4-Hardcore Progressive]
[ 20 ]: Desired Raid Team Size

Availability

[ possible AM; 6:30p - 10:30p ]: Sundays
[ 6:30p - 10:30p ]: Mondays
[ 6:30p - 10:30p ]: Tuesdays
[ 6:30p - 10:30p ]: Wednesdays
[ 6:30p - 10:30p ]: Thursdays
[ 6:30p - 10:30p ]: Fridays
[ possible AM ]: Saturdays

Leadership

[ N ]: Do you have experience leading a raiding team? [Y/N]
[ N ]: Are you interested in being a raid leader? [Y/N]
[ Y ]: Are you interested in being an assistant raid leader? [Y/N]
Class Leader
[ Y ]: Are you willing to help others improve their raiding experience by providing helpful, constructive advice? [Y/N]

Short Answer Questions

What are your raiding goals for this expansion?
I am excited for Draenor and I really love the new one-size mythic change; it will streamline things and make the race more meaningful for us all, I think, instead of having separate races and arguing about whether or not 10-man content even counts.

I just want to be on a consistent that raids the same time, same people, every week. I want to bond and do more than just raid log - I want to run dungeons, PvP, explore, etc, with my raid team. I want to make good friends.

What makes a raiding group especially good for you?
I really appreciate players that are hard working, knowledgeable, and humble. Every single one of us makes a dozen mistakes every night we play (missing a CD, standing in poop, etc.). I am looking for a team where the players are mature and will admit to their mistakes and fix them (we all screw up, just don't die to the fire three times in a row, or we have a problem).

What factors lead to a less successful raiding experience for you?
Groups that are less consistent with their roster, have shaky or inept leadership, or drama. I typically do not prefer to raid with certain types of people that are often seen as less mature or more dramatic. I am 31 years old. I have a wife and two kids. I don't get much time to myself, I need to make the most of it. And group drama is a bad use of our time!

How do you prepare your character for raiding?
Of course having an intimate knowledge of my class and spec are first priority. Icy-veins guides, Youtube guides, and just lots of trial-and-error. Next is consumables. Farms are great for that. Maxed raiding professions, gemming and enchanting properly, etc.

Aside from listening to the most excellent "Convert to Raid" podcast, how do you prepare for raid encounters?
I read strategy guides on Icy-veins and watch Fat Boss guides. I typically will also make myself a cheat sheet I'll share with friends (here's an example from my imgur).

Anything else you might want a prospective raid leader to know about you?
Sure! Here's some links to other stuff:

This is my old guild's first H-Dark Shaman kill last November
Here is my old Proving Ground (endless healer) ranking (#3 on the server)
Here's an old school video of H-Dreamwalker in ICC (as my resto druid in <Sometimes There Is Fire> (defunct) of Icecrown-PvE
This is the strangest Warrior I've ever come across
And this is basically my old UI (old screenie)
Grimhock of the Coalesce Team
100 Disc/Holy Priest
grimock

Postby Miles » Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:54 am

So, I've been saving my pennies, and now will have texting so I can join in all the fun that I've been missing. My new phone should be here in the next couple weeks. So I was just wondering if 6.0 drops next Tuesday are we going to raid? I've been working with a group trying to get the ToT Meta completed, not sure if everyone in the group is up for heroic ToT, but that's something we could also do, the mount is pretty sick. Hope that everyone is enjoying their break, except for Dark, just kidding...kinda of.
Miles

Postby Bonemud » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:48 am

in the mean time you can go to groupme.com and join the chat online.
Team Lead of <Coalesce>
Bonemud

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Team Pages