PST<Droppin Jeeves>11/14M 9am-Noon Sa/Su Recruiting for WoD!

Old team pages from the MoP expansion

Re: PST <Droppin Jeeves> (6/14 T16) 9am-Noon Sat/Sun [Video!

Postby Gamble » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:17 pm

Thanks for your app Waaria. Will reply soon via PM.

-Xyer
Gamble

Re: PST <Droppin Jeeves> (7/14 T16) 9am-Noon Sat/Sun [Video!

Postby Gamble » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:29 pm

Welcome Waaria to the team, and bump for a new boss down!
Gamble

Postby Muchanger » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:32 pm

Character Name: Angermage
Class: Mage
MS? Mistweaver iLvl: 558
Geared/Optimized? Yes
OS? Brewmaster iLvl:: None
Geared/Optimized? Yes
Professions/Why: Engineering and Enchanting. I like the ring enchants and all the stuff that engineering brings. Helped a lot with my challenge modes too.
Armory URL: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... e/advanced

Experience

Raiding History: I have played a mage ever since WOTLK and raided heroic content the whole time.

Hardware/ Peripherals: 8 GB Ram, I7 processor. Never have computer issues.

UI Screenshot: I use ELVUI, tellmewhen, mage nuggets.

Keybindings/Macros: I use my keybinds and my mouse to move. I use my entire keyboard, because I play arena, RBG's and such.

Gameplay Video:

World of Logs: Just did a raid with you.

Notable Achievements: I was the first person to get Dragon's wrath legendary on my server back in Cataclysm.

Personal Stuff

What is your Favorite Fight? Lich King. Beating him, finalized my playing warcraft going back to Warcraft 3.

What is your Worst Fight? Why? Any fight where one person can wipe the raid. I know that one person should not screw up but to put the pressure on that one person puts a raid team and leader in a difficult position if they can not get that mechanic figured out right away.

What resources do you use to help you improve/optimize your gameplay? DBM, Elitistjerks / mmo-champion guides for stat priorities etc. Askmrrobot for reforging / gems.

What are your Strengths? How do those Strengths help the team progress as a whole? I am smart, patient and I am not a dirtbag DPS that likes to pad the meters. I like to live and have good raid awareness, because of this.

What are your weaknesses? How could you improve upon those weaknesses? When I get tired I do not communicate as much as I should.

What do you think is the key to being a successful raid team? Why? Consistent raid members.

Conclusion

How can you help this team progress to the top? I do my homework on the bosses, I know my class inside and out. I am patient and do not bring drama to the raid.

What was your most epic moment in WoW? Getting my dragon's wrath legendary staff in front of my 25 person raid and the entire server.

Additional Comments: I am good to go. Your raid times work, you are a positive group and you all seem to want to put the effort in.
Muchanger

Postby Gamble » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:39 pm

Looks great Angermage and enjoyed running with you today. We'll get back to you soon.
Gamble

Re: PST <Droppin Jeeves> (13/14 T16) 9am-Noon Sat/Sun [Video

Postby Ursangus » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:49 pm

Character Name: Thawnder
Class: Shaman
MS? iLvl: Elemental 533
Geared/Optimized? Yes
OS? iLvl: Enhancement 500
Geared/Optimized? No
Professions/Why: Herb/Alch. For the haste buff tied into Ascendance
Armory URL: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... der/simple

Experience

Raiding History: With the exception of BWL and Old Naxx, you name it, I've raided it at level. Sadly, I've only done the first 6 of SoO in LFR.

Hardware/ Peripherals: My tower was built from scratch only 4 months ago. FPS is not an issue, nor is latency.

UI Screenshot: http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j87/E ... 184703.jpg

Keybindings/Macros:
/cast Ascendance
/cast Lifeblood(Rank 9)
/win

Gameplay Video: n/a

World of Logs: n/a

Notable Achievements: World event year-long achievement and a number of Heroic achievements from expansions prior.

Personal Stuff

What is your Favorite Fight? Why?
In current content? Norushen. It offers the opportunity for big numbers, but still requires you to think on your feet. Not substantially, but you can't phone it in.
In previous xpacs? Black Temple as a whole. There were so many different things you had to know as a tank that you really had the chance to shine. I suppose that's what I look for in any enounter. The chance to shine.

What is your Worst Fight? Why?
In current content? I'm still fairly new to the dps role, so I'm just excited to not get hit by the boss the entire time. Though the Tortos fight irritates living-nothing-funny out of me due to the knockback.

What resources do you use to help you improve/optimize your gameplay?
Video research and guides for every role involved in the fight. One can never be too sure when you have to pick up for another player.

What are your Strengths? How do those Strengths help the team progress as a whole?
I keep a cool head above all else. Out of everything I bring to the team, my loyalty to stick it through on a "wipe night" shines through. Add that to my annalytical skills for encounter prediction, and I'm proud to say that I'm usually the last to drop in a fight.

What are your weaknesses? How could you improve upon those weaknesses?
There are times I can get a tad impatient with people who have different skill sets. From my tanking experience, I'm used to seeing a broad view of a fight and it irritates me when people don't see the fight as a whole. This is something I'm working on, especially now that I'm not tanking as often.

What do you think is the key to being a successful raid team? Why?
Continuity. DPS can't kill things if they don't show up. Bosses kill DPS if the tanks don't show. Tanks die if the healers don't show.

Conclusion

How can you help this team progress to the top?
I don't know that I can, but I can certainly put in a fantastic effort.
What was your most epic moment in WoW?
Soloing the Lich King for a solid 6 minutes at level after everyone else had died.
Additional Comments:
I am actively working on bringing my tank up to snuff, and will be available on that toon as well.
Ursangus - Welcome Committee Department Head
Ursangus
Site Admin

Postby Prettynoose » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:54 pm

Character Name: Rustycage
Class:Rogue
MS? iLvl: Assassin, 548
Geared/Optimized? Yes, legendary gem/cloak
OS? iLvl:: Assassin, pvp
Geared/Optimized?
Professions/Why: Skinning, Leatherworking. The bracer enchant is great, and it gives me a crafting profession to use in the AH
Armory URL:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/aerie-peak/Rustycage/simple

Experience

Raiding History: I started playing WoW at the end of Wrath, I got serious about raiding during DS in Cata. Full clears of MSV, HoF, ToES, full clear of ToT pre nerf, 13/14 in SoO now. I am in Get off my Lawn on my Blood DK Prettynoose. viewtopic.php?f=57&t=1871

Keybindings/Macros: I use this on our mage during raid to increase his damage by 15% for 6 seconds.
/tar Lumpen
/cast tricks of the trade
/w lumpen tricks!!!

Gameplay Video:

World of Logs:

Notable Achievements:

Personal Stuff

What is your Favorite Fight? Why? Currently, Shaman, I tank in my raid, and I love how much communication and movement the fight has.

What is your Worst Fight? Why? Sha of Pride, again I tank....zzzzzzzz

What resources do you use to help you improve/optimize your gameplay? IV, MMOChamp, AMR, and forum surfing

What are your Strengths? How do those Strengths help the team progress as a whole? I am willing to sacrifice personal dps to do the things folks don't want to do. I am also good about using my own defensive CD's. Rogues have a couple nice ones.

What are your weaknesses? How could you improve upon those weaknesses? I need to work on keeping the Weakened Armor debuff up when it is not provided. I also have a tendency to let my poisons fall off during break mid raid. :(

What do you think is the key to being a successful raid team? Why? Consistent member attendance. IMO, it is the biggest raid killer.

Conclusion

How can you help this team progress to the top? I am good at my Rogue, the class has come naturally to me. I am not one that says I am good at all dps, I am a terrible ranged dps. I will show up, I have experience in the raid, and I want to do some crushing.

What was your most epic moment in WoW? Downing Lei Shen pre nerf. It was the first full clear 8 of our 10 raiders had ever been in a team that cleared a full raid prior to nerf.

Additional Comments:
I ran with you guys in Flex 1 today on Grind, my warrior tank, you guys had a great attitude that really fits my style.
I realize you are probably not looking for a dps right now, and melee are even harder to fit in, so this is really just letting you know I am around and looking. I also realize I pointed out a couple times that I don't have 5+ years of raiding experience, but I am not dumb, and I have caught on quickly. My raiding experience will not hold me back in the slightest, I have been raiding very steady since Mists released and am confident I can handle any mechanic Blizz can throw our way.

Thanks for reading,
Prettynoose
Prettynoose

Postby Chilladin » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:13 am

Character Name: Chilladin (formerly Chillidan - Greymane US)
Class: Paladin
MS? iLvl: Protection 557-563 depending on set
Geared/Optimized? Ask Mr. Robot (AMR)
OS? iLvl:: Retribution 560
Geared/Optimized? AMR
Professions/Why: Blacksmithing/Mining - sockets/stam buff (i'm a tank) ;)
Armory URL: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... n/advanced

Experience - been playing since BC - didn't start raiding until Naxx 2.0

Raiding History:

Hardware/ Peripherals: Razer Mechanical Keyboard, Naga 2014, and Orbweaver Gamepad.

UI Screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ll0ha7nkntne ... -09-21.jpg

Keybindings/Macros: BT

Gameplay Video:

World of Logs: from our best attempt at Garry - http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-hltdk ... 213&e=8827

Notable Achievements:

Personal Stuff

What is your Favorite Fight? Mr. Hellscream aka Garry if you're nasty. Why? I enjoy how the fight gets incrementally more difficult, culminating in P3 where if folks tunnel and miss an interrupt it could mean bad juju for the raid. Great gating for heroic content.

What is your Worst Fight? Uh. Dunno. Why? I think they're all enjoyable, although Dark Animus trash was kinda silly.

What resources do you use to help you improve/optimize your gameplay? Maintankadin.com, sacredduty.net, AMR, etc.

What are your Strengths? Consistency and Loyalty How do those Strengths help the team progress as a whole? Both kind of no-brainers. I'm always around and when I am, I do not behave rogue-ish. Sorry rogues. ;)

What are your weaknesses? I get too involved sometimes to the point of overdoing something. How could you improve upon those weaknesses? Try to remember that at the end of the day, this is just a game.

What do you think is the key to being a successful raid team? Team work... Why? You ain't downin' bosses by yourself.

Conclusion

How can you help this team progress to the top? I just wanna kill things!!! I believe Midwinter and Blood Legion won't be dethroned anytime soon. At least on US servers.

What was your most epic moment in WoW? It'll be downing Garrosh with you guys!

Additional Comments:
Chilladin

Re: PST <Droppin Jeeves> (14/14) (1/14H) 9am-Noon Sat/Sun

Postby Gamble » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:33 am

Chilladin, welcome to the team and glad to have you aboard!

Thawnder and Rustycage, my appologies, I didn't see your apps. :(

Applicants, please get a hold of me in game or send an in-game mail so I know when an app has been submitted! Happy raiding!
Gamble

Postby bradz » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:32 pm

Heroic Weekend Morning Raid Team App

Character Name: Bradz
Class: Resto Druid
MS? iLvl: 563 with my 4 set equipped and 565 with 2 piece and warforged
Geared/Optimized? all my gear is in order. I'm gemmed and enchanted. I don't always agree with Mr. Robot so if you look me up on there I might not show 100% optimized. I feel it's a good tool to get a baseline class comp but refining it on your own is sometimes much better. An example would be that Mr. Robot would have me stack spirit till the cows come home... Thats wrong :-/
OS? iLvl:: My current OS is balance and my ilvl is 563. However I have a full Guardian tank set of hear that is around 554 and none of it has been upgraded, with upgrades it would probably sit around 558ish.
Geared/Optimized? yes/yes
Professions/Why: On my Resto druid my proff's are Alchemy and weed picking. I am able to bring flasks and pot's to raid.
Armory URL:

Experience currently I am 14/14 normal and 5/14 heroic

Raiding History: I wish I could put more but i have only been raiding in SoO and toward the end of ToT. I think I have the first 8 boss's on heroic down in tot

Hardware/ Peripherals: Custom built gaming rig. I7-4770K 3.5GHz overclocked to just shy of 4.6 GHz last time i checked clock speed. 16 GB SDRAM DDR3 2400, SSD for OS and WoW. As far as peripherals go I use a Razer Naga Epic mouse, a Razer Tartarus (for my left hand) and a Razer Blackwidow Ultimate. Also I use a wireless Logitec G930

UI Screenshot:

Keybindings/Macros: I don't think I could possibly think of all my keybinds off the top of my head. I do in face use key binds. I use the build in keybinder in ElvUI

Gameplay Video:

World of Logs:

Notable Achievements: first 5 boss's in SoO heroic, proving ground's Gold healer.

Personal Stuff I'm a very laid back guy. I'm really easy to get along with and I don't cause drama. In fact I do what I can to stay out of it whenever possible. other then that it's the typical "long walks on the beach and a good tear jerker"

What is your Favorite Fight? Why? Hands down Tsulong. I just love what Blizz did with the mechanics for a herler in that fight. Any healers reading this know exactly what I'm talking about. If I had to say my fav fight in SoO it would have to be Garrosh. It's a very fun challenge.

What is your Worst Fight? Why? I Guess I would have to say Horridon just to the simple fact that that fight single handily broke up many guilds when it was current content. And guilds breaking up is sad :-(

What resources do you use to help you improve/optimize your gameplay? I think about the same stuff as most people.. Elitist Jerks, noxxic and icy veins. I love to get out on the forums and check out other resto druid's ideas and see what's working for them. Some times I pick up cool tricks from simply reading forums.

What are your Strengths? How do those Strengths help the team progress as a whole? I bring a very happy positive attitude along with me. I have a good knowledge of heroic raiding and should be able to help out with some strat's and ideas to get the team threw the up coming fights. Knowing the first five fights on Heroic mode should help us put boss's on the ground.

What are your weaknesses? How could you improve upon those weaknesses? I guess my dps is a weakness. I know I'm not really a dps kind of healer but it could be looked at as a weakness. During Heroics it is better to just concentrate on my main roll of healing though.

What do you think is the key to being a successful raid team? Why? I am still fairly new to heroic raiding so it's hard to really pin point it for me. up untill the last few months I have only been in more family/social type guilds. I'm hopeing to find a perfect mix of a heroic raiding guild that is also friendly and social. Many of the heroic raiding guilds could care less about feelings and knowing guild members on a personal level, the main goal only being to kill boss's asap. So to sum up my answer, I think a good mix of refined players that know what they are doing and also a group of friendly social guy's/gal's that can give and take constructive criticism.

Conclusion

How can you help this team progress to the top? I think that because the team is just getting started with Heroic's I can bring my knowledge of the encounters and help set us up for success. I am a team player and would love to try helping you guys get some more heroic boss's down!!

What was your most epic moment in WoW? I guess it would have to be getting the Sha of Pride down when the whole raid was dead. It came down to just the tank and myself. (and a LOT of dots) Otherwise I have had the normal big moments, like soloing a Warbringer when no one else could (not on my druid) Or learning how to tame/kill Degu (the red porcupine hunter pet)

Additional Comments: I hope things work out guys! I'm looking for a home and I'm looking to keep killing boss's in Heroic mode so I hope things work out!!! (I am sorry for the bad grammar, I am not much when it comes to typing)
bradz

Postby Gamble » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:04 pm

Looks great bradz, thanks for your app. We'll see you on Saturday.
Gamble

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Team Pages