PST<Droppin Jeeves>11/14M 9am-Noon Sa/Su Recruiting for WoD!

Old team pages from the MoP expansion

Re: PST <Droppin Jeeves> 9am-Noon Sat/Sun (12/12)[Video!]

Postby Raidenwins » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:09 am

Character Name: Raidenwins
Class: Monk
MS? Mistweaver iLvl: 507
Geared/Optimized? Yes
OS? Brewmaster iLvl:: 509
Geared/Optimized? Yes
Professions/Why: Engineer / Inscription for the stat bonus and cool engineer stuff I never get to use like parachute and glider.
Armory URL: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... ins/simple

Experience

Raiding History: Karazhan and a little SSC as DPS. Naxx as tank / dps. ICC normal as tank / healer / dps. T11-13 normal and heroic as healer. T14 / 15 normal as tank / healer / dps.

Hardware/ Peripherals: 4 GB Ram 3 Ghz processor. Not really sure what you want here.

UI Screenshot: Default UI with raid frame addon nothin special.

Keybindings/Macros: Keybinds 1-5 and `, q, e, r, f, g, z with shift modifier macros on some spells.

Gameplay Video:

World of Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/sb6e ... alingDone/
My monk doesn't have any besides some random LFR run, so I posted a recent one from my shaman.

Notable Achievements: Put together a group and nearly solo healed (other healer died part way) Sinestra. Healed 7/8 heroic DS and 5/7 heroic firelands while they were current.

Personal Stuff

What is your Favorite Fight? Why? Sinestra. Fun to heal and really difficult. I did not like being eaten by whelps though.

What is your Worst Fight? Why? The only fight I remember being frustrated that I wasn't doing well enough was H jin rokh as mistweaver because soothing mist is stupid and makes your camera spin in circles, which got me killed during the lightning phase more times than it should have.

What resources do you use to help you improve/optimize your gameplay? DBM / vuhdo addons. Elitistjerks / mmo-champion guides for stat priorities etc. Askmrrobot for reforging / gems.

What are your Strengths? How do those Strengths help the team progress as a whole? Quick reflexes and good judgement on what abilities are needed. As a healer it can mean the difference between dying and killing a boss.

What are your weaknesses? How could you improve upon those weaknesses? Knowing where all other raid members are. Pay better attention to what's going on rather than staring at raid frames too intensely.

What do you think is the key to being a successful raid team? Why? Consistent raid team and raid times. Dedication to learning the fights (preferably everyone's role, rather than just your own). This way you know what everyone is doing, you learn how others play and get used to being with the same group so it makes killing the bosses almost second nature.

Conclusion

How can you help this team progress to the top? I rarely miss a raid, and if I do I almost always give notice. I always try to learn the fights before the raid. I keep my gear as up to date as possible. I try to watch what everyone else is doing and figure out what went wrong if there is a wipe.

What was your most epic moment in WoW? Tough choice between downing heroic Spine of Deathwing and killing Sinestra. Spine of deathwing probably because we worked on it for a few weeks, and the boss died after the blood tank died so we were just being swarmed by them.

Additional Comments: My gear is a little weak because I'm just getting back into raiding after a break, but I won't have any problem making it work.
Raidenwins

Re: PST <Droppin Jeeves> 9am-Noon Sat/Sun (1/13H)[Video!]

Postby Gamble » Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:20 pm

Bump for our Heroic Jin-Rohk Kill! Grats and thank you everyone!
Gamble

Postby Weru » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:21 pm

Heroic Weekend Morning Raid Team App

Character Name: Batou
Class: Monk
MS? iLvl: Windwalker 520
Geared/Optimized? Yes
OS? iLvl:: Brewmaster 497ish
Geared/Optimized? Partial - some DPS gear used in offspec
Professions/Why: Herb/Alch - Panda Food Buff + Double Flask Time = Winning
Armory URL: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... u/advanced

Experience:

Raiding History: Started Raiding before WoW was in Beta. Woot EverQuest 72 man Plane of Time Raids. Started playing WoW in BC, but didn't Raid until WotLK. RDPS in WotLK, then swapped to Tanking half way through. Became guild leader, and raid leader while tanking Cata. Burned out hard on Tanking when they added Spine and LFR. I've been running LFR mostly in MoP due to work and school (and most teams being Tue/Thur for some strange cultlike reason).

Hardware/ Peripherals: Intel i5 / 16 GB / Win8 machine with ATI Radion HD5500 as the weak link. I use a Razer Nostromo N52 for keybinding

UI Screenshot: http://www.flickr.com/photos/99440934@N02/9372195983/

Keybindings/Macros: Um. Yes. Many. I use a Razer Nostromo N52 for keybound casting / macros.

Gameplay Video: Don't have any, sorry.

World of Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/284235/ - Please note, my other characters are also in these logs. I run a batch file nightly to push my logs over for upload.

Notable Achievements: Found my butt with both hands 10 out of 10 times. Really I'm just a normal raider.

Personal Stuff

What is your Favorite Fight? Why? The eyeball/maze (Durumu the Forgotten). I enjoy that it is something totally different from most other raid encounters.

What is your Worst Fight? Why? Trash in unending waves. Dull dull dull.

What resources do you use to help you improve/optimize your gameplay? Wowhead, Ask Mr.Robot, World of Logs, Forums

What are your Strengths? How do those Strengths help the team progress as a whole? Attention to detail and I follow instructions well.

What are your weaknesses? How could you improve upon those weaknesses? Attention to detail - I'm a bit OCD :geek:

What do you think is the key to being a successful raid team? Why? Communication. You have to be able to communicate when you are working new content. There will be problems while learning the encounter and figuring out the mechanics, but being able to accurately communicate makes the transition from "what happened" to farm much easier.

Conclusion

How can you help this team progress to the top? As Woody Allen said, 90% of success is showing up. Weekends are doable.

What was your most epic moment in WoW? Tanking my first Lich King kill, way better than the toe-nail fight.

Additional Comments: I have been looking for a weekend team that isn't in the wee hours of night. Hoping that I can keep up on the change from LFR to Heroic.
ImageImage
Views expressed here are not supported, endorsed, or even “Liked” by Government, Civilians, or any other agency or individual.
Medicated for your comfort. Comfort not guaranteed. Experiences may vary.
Weru

Postby Gamble » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:20 pm

Weru, sorry it took so long to get back to you, been extremely busy, will do so right away.
Gamble

Postby smawhorter » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:09 pm

Hey Droppin Jeeves! This is Beernerd of <Brewed Awakening> and we were wondering if you're team is thinking of doing some flex raiding come 5.4? If you are, we were wondering if you might like to join forces for these runs as our raid teams are at the same time (although we are a bit behind you at 9/12 thanks to the summer boss). If this sounds like something your team might be interested in, just post a reply or whisper me or Phatal in game. Grats on the Heroic Jin'Rokh kill, btw!
Image Image
Yes, I have a 90 of every class!
smawhorter

Postby Gamble » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:10 pm

Hey Beernerd, super busy at work this week but I'll try to get in touch with you soon. Check your PMs.
Gamble

Postby Gamble » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:42 pm

Amazing Ji-Kun Kill on the last pull today! 2/13 Heroic and ready to blow up 5.4. Thanks everybody!
Gamble

Re: PST <Droppin Jeeves> (3/14) 9am-Noon Sat/Sun [Video!]

Postby Gamble » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:04 pm

Bump for Shaman Love! Need that Elemental/Resto Shaman for SoO. We're going to try to hit Heroics within the second month, come join us!
Gamble

Re: PST <Droppin Jeeves> (3/14 T16) 9am-Noon Sat/Sun [Video!

Postby imei2006 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:32 pm

Character Name: Waaria
Class: Shaman
MS? iiLvl: 537
Geared/Optimized? Yes
OS? iLvl: 524
Geared/Optimized: Requires a few gem swaps
Professions/Why: Leatherworking/Skinning Utility most raids seem to not run with a LW so I am able to get patches and 500 int is extremely good for specs that i run with
Armory URL: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... ria/simple

Experience: MSV 6/6 Normal, ToT 12/12 Normal, ToT 4/13 Heroic, SoO 8/14 Flex 6/14 Normal.

Raiding History: Raiding since Wrath took a break during Cataclysm. Ran as a member of a 10 man progression group during Wrath downing Yogg Saron post nerf.

Hardware/ Peripherals: HP Desktop and Moniter, Turtle Beach Headset

UI Screenshot:

Keybindings/Macros:

Gameplay Video:

World of Logs:

Notable Achievements: Ahead of the Curve: Lei Shen, Shut Out 10 Man

Personal Stuff

What is your Favorite Fight? Why?
Kel'thuzad 25 man the utter chaos and the feeling of joy and sensation when finally downing him.

What is your Worst Fight? Why?
Heroic Horridon was trialing on that kill and I died too many times on the Dire Swipe

What resources do you use to help you improve/optimize your gameplay?
Gabestah and Preachgaming both on youtube

What are your Strengths? How do those Strengths help the team progress as a whole?
Thinking ahead of situations and adapting. Knowing that I have utility to heal as dps allows me to say okay i should drop healing tide to help with healing cooldowns, or to drop Stormlash as resto to help all DPS output.

What are your weaknesses? How could you improve upon those weaknesses?
Sometimes I can tunnel vision on grid. Grid is now set up in a way where my eyes are centered on the screen so that I can focus. My skada meter is also disabled when i am dpsing to not have any distractions.

What do you think is the key to being a successful raid team? Why?
Practice on mechanics and knowing that every pull is a chance to down the boss

Conclusion

How can you help this team progress to the top?
I believe I can add more utility to the already strong members that you guys have on your team, and my tendancy to watch a fight from all angles I try to bring those perspectives if relevant.

What was your most epic moment in WoW?
Obtaining the legendary cloak. The hardwork that went into getting that thing paid when I was able to equip it on my resto set.

Additional Comments: Looking forward to raiding with you guys : ) If you need a screenshot and keybindings send me an email imeier62@gmail.com and I'll get those out to you.
imei2006

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Team Pages