PST<Droppin Jeeves>11/14M 9am-Noon Sa/Su Recruiting for WoD!

Old team pages from the MoP expansion

Re: PST <Droppin Jeeves> 9AM-Noon Sat/Sun | Rogue+Warlock

Postby Gamble » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:37 pm

The vote is in, we'll now be immortalized as... Droppin Jeeves! Kinda like droppin bombs, only Jeeves. Maybe we're dropping him (from the group) cause we don't need him?! Think about it.

Nice work on Wind Lord. We improved to where we were getting to phase two regularly with everyone up. We've got some World of Logs to study from the fight as well. Everyone have a good week, work on your gear if you can, pray for 5.2 and see you next weekend!

-Xyer
Gamble

Postby Gamble » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:47 pm

BTW, is anyone on the team in graphics design or have some talent at it? We could use a sweet "Droppin Jeeves" Signature.
Gamble

Postby Bluejay » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:19 pm

I might be able to figure something out for a sweet signature
Bluejay

Postby Gamble » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:23 am

Still Looking for an excellent warlock and rogue! Excited to check out the new raid this week!
Gamble

Postby ttocsnacnud » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:18 pm

Would you consider an Arms/fury warrior?

I'm an experienced raider with progression in mind and your team sounds beyond perfect for me. Perhaps I could "audition" and see if I would be a good fit. I'm really hoping there's some way to fit me in. It's been tough to find other progression minded individuals that fit my availability, and I don't want this to be a missed opportunity.

I understand wanting to keep the class spread even, but even a sub spot would be appreciated

Edit: I didn't put much info about me in the post because I didn't want to write it all up in case it's a strict "no". I'll be happy to tell you more if interested.

Edit2: Ah, what the heck, I'll give you all the details regardless :)

Character Name: Ultron
Class: Warrior
MS? iLvl: Arms ilvl478 w/ Ddouble upgraded LFR Sha touched weap
Geared/Optimized? I use AMR and Reforge Lite and am optimized to the best of my ability
OS? iLvl:: Fury ilvl478
Geared/Optimized? Yes
Professions/Why: 600 Engineering, working on maxing BS. Best DPS boost from what I can gather
Armory URL: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/aerie-peak/Ultron/simple

Experience

Raiding History: 7 years playing wow in all roles. Have called 5 classes my "main". Raided most content since Burning Crusade

Hardware/ Peripherals: 1 year old gaming PC. i7, 16GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA 580(?), its good to go :)

UI Screenshot: Available upon request/interest

Keybindings/Macros: Love em, use em... comfortable with 40+ keybinds (I've mained a hunter, lol)

Gameplay Video: Available upon request/interest

World of Logs: Available upon request/interest

Notable Achievements: I have yet to accomplish my biggest of WoW goals due to lack of dedication by those I've been surrounded by in the past

Personal Stuff

What is your Favorite Fight? Why? Yogg, no lights. It's stressful and super engaging

What is your Worst Fight? Why? Blade Lord Ta'yak. I was usually the only one that made it to the end of the hallway, and its lonely DPSing by yourself :(

What resources do you use to help you improve/optimize your gameplay? AMR, Icy-Veins, Noxxic, WoW Forums, CtR Forums, YouTube, various wow podcasts, seeking advice from players in game, etc

What are your Strengths? How do those Strengths help the team progress as a whole? I have a good attitude, excel at communication, learn quickly, adapt to changes and fix mistakes. These skills help everyone by ensuring I'm not a roadblock to the team's goals

What are your weaknesses? How could you improve upon those weaknesses? I get frustrated when individuals are unprepared or don't pull their weight. I could be better with suggestions and personal ways I can help the struggling raiders.

What do you think is the key to being a successful raid team? Why? Attendance. If you're constantly teaching new people mechanics, the team never gets a chance to work TOGETHER to fix the prolems. It's like a new encounter every week.

Conclusion

How can you help this team progress to the top? By being ready for raid each and every time and have a positive attitude.

What was your most epic moment in WoW? When I first saw my friend playing WoW and noticed that if I played a Hunter, I could have GUNS in my fantasy MMO <3

Additional Comments: Give me a shot :)
ttocsnacnud

Postby blackfrancis » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:52 am

should I work on a heal offset or a tank offset on Blacksalad?
blackfrancis

Postby Gamble » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:20 pm

Blackfrancis, either one would be great. I would probably lean towards tank since you can share some gear with WW and Xyer is really the only back-up tank at this point. His tank set isn't that strong yet either. It would be nice to have a monk Healer available, but I think we have more coverage there. But the nice thing about carrying the int off-set is that you don't have to re-gem/reforge if you're switching between specs like you may have to from WW to BM.

I think either one could work as Xyer could move to tank and then Salad backfill the healer position, or Salad could go straight to tank if needed. Which would you prefer?
Gamble

Postby blackfrancis » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:49 pm

Ok, after doing a couple of heroics as healer, I think I prefer brewmaster. I'll keep collecting caster pieces as I go along, though. The real big difference in gear between ww and bm is the need for expertise for the bm. Brewmasters need 15% expertise to keep chi generation up since our mitigation relies on it. As for the other secondary stats, they both seem to prefer haste. Mastery is a bit better than crit for Brewmasters.
blackfrancis

Postby Peillin » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:41 pm

This is Peillin. I have national guard again this weekend. I will be ready to roll next weekend.
Peillin

Postby ttocsnacnud » Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:20 pm

Great job today guys! I had bundles of fun going into ToT, and we fed Jin'rokh his lunch!

I know its not as fun without a huge corpse in the screenshot, but all the dude left was a glimmering red jewel. Oh well, here's the screencap of our victory, bones and all :)

EDIT: Here's the TankSpot guide to Horridon. Get yo' dispells ready!

http://youtu.be/cuJZbjhFeOo
Last edited by ttocsnacnud on Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ttocsnacnud

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Team Pages