<Convert to Beer> 7:30-10:30pm Sydney/Early am Server

Old team pages from the MoP expansion

<Convert to Beer> 7:30-10:30pm Sydney/Early am Server

Postby Fuggs » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:18 am

<Convert to Beer>

Convert to Beer is a "casual" progression raid team. We have a core of 5 real life mates from Australia who have been raiding together since 2008. We focus on current content progression raiding. As a gauge, in previous patches we generally clear normals and are working on heroics prior to release of the next patch.

Aim for WoD => We currently plan to stick to Heroic (equivalent to current normal mode) raids in WoD with a roster of 13-16. With the new flexible sized (cross realm available as well) heroic raids in WoD, a roster of around 15 will mean we can have a few people away and not have to worry about PUGS. It will also give us flexibility to run an extra tank or extra heals (toons using their OS) if a particular fight requires.

We are currently recruiting:
* Players who can commit to our days/times throughout the year (see below comment on raid times) and are interested in our approach to raiding for WoD. Note that we are full on MDPS.
* 1 x Main Spec Heals (Priest > Monk > Shaman)

Applications from non preferred classes/specs will be considered but our preferences are based on min-maxing for armor type, tier token representation and buffs/debuffs.

Raid Times
We currently raid Thursday 7:30-10:30pm Sydney time. When we start raiding in WoD, we will return to raiding twice a week (Thursday and Monday). For Aerie Peak server, our raid times vary with US and Australia daylight savings. Generally, November-March server time 0.30-3.30am, March-April 1.30-4.30am, April-November 2.30-5.30am.

When will we start raiding in WoD?
We aim to start raiding within a few weeks after launch of WoD. We will likely start with WoD normal mode raid (equivalent to current flex mode). We will have a period over Christmas of 2-4 weeks where we have either a reduced raid schedule or no raiding at all.

WOD RAID LIST

Tanks
Cletusjnr - Bear *
Derived - Prot Warrior *

Heals
Superalpha - H Pally *
Urths - Resto Druid *
VACANT - Prefer priest > Monk/Shaman => ? Chu will main heal priest

MDPS
Fuggette - Enhance, OS Heals, Raid Lead *
Hallertau – WW Monk, OS Heals *
Paldrae - Retadin, OS Tank *

RDPS
Chupac - SPriest with OS Heals *
Kösk - Mage
Hatchlin - Hunter *
Demon - Elemental with OS Resto *
XMenRules - Boomkin *
Shaynar - SPriest, OS Heals
Facerolz - Warlock *

Possible
Amarillo - Rogue?
Shalim - Shaman heal?
Rhodesian - ?
Last edited by Fuggs on Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:24 am, edited 122 times in total.
Fuggs

Raid Composition

Postby Fuggs » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:21 am

Tier token groups
=> Assuming tokens continue to drop (not items) and groups remain the same. Not counting "possible" raiders
Paladin/Priest/Warlock = 2/2/1 = 5 toons
Rogue/Mage/DK/Druid = 0/2/0/3 = 5 toons
Hunter/Warrior/Shaman/Monk = 1/1/2/1 = 5 toons

Armour type (in WoD primary stats on armour will change with spec) => Not including Shalim, Braics, Rhode
Cloth 5
Leather 4
Mail 3
Plate 3

Raid Role composition comments
* Current roster of 15 not including "possibles"
* 2 OS tanks => Paldrae/Hallertau
* 3 OS heals in Chu/Demon/Shaynar
* I have been trying to recruit a healer for 3 weeks on Aerie Peak and Oceanic recruitment forum, no luck as yet
* Currently have 3 MDPS. I think that is about right.

WOD Buff/Debuffs => http://www.wowhead.com/guide=1100/buffs-and-debuffs
Stats (Druid/Monk/Paladin) 6
Stam (Priest/Lock/Warrior) 4
AP (DK/Hunter/Warrior) 2
SP (Mage/Lock) 3
Versatility (Druid, Ret Pally, Warrior, F/UH DK) 5
Haste (Shaman, Spriest, Rogue, UH DK) 4
Crit (Feral, Mage, BM/WW Monk) 3
Multistrike (WW Monk, Spriest, Rogue, Warlock) 4
Mastery (B DK, Boomkin, Shaman, Pally) 5
Hero (Shaman/Mage) 4
Mortal wounds (DPS Warrior, Rogue, WW Monk, Demo Lock) 1

Not accounted for => Not counting hunter pet
Last edited by Fuggs on Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:52 am, edited 11 times in total.
Fuggs

Raid Rules

Postby Fuggs » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:24 am

* We are a group of mature raiders that like to have fun whilst raiding but come boss pull time, want to get the job done
* We don't rage if people take a few times to learn/master strats but will not tolerate constant failure over many weeks without sign of improvement, particularly in non farm content.
* Loot rules are main spec > off spec. Our founding members often pass up on loot if it is more of an upgrade for another toon and we would like new teams members to have a similar attitude.
* We expect players to be prepared for the nights raid including:
- Online at least 5 min before raid start
- Have reviewed videos and strats for progression fights on the chopping block for the week
- Repaired with appropriate consumables (flasks, pots, reagents and share the burden of feast provision)
- Flasks are compulsory for all runs. Pre potting and mid fight potting is expected for all non farm bosses.
- Toons should continually optimise their gear and rotation. We also expect toons to make appropriate talent and glyph changes to optimise performance for progression fights.
- Appropriate addons including; Deadly Boss Mods, Omen, Ventrillo
- Convert to Beer agrees with the charter and rules of Convert to Raid. Having said that, as mature raiders there may on occasion be a slip resulting in inappropriate language in vent. A few of our core raiders slip more often than others and hence if you would find that difficult to accept, this team may not be the best option for you.

*** Real life sometimes prevents making a raid and we understand that. Having said that, we expect good attendance and if someone is unable to make it, please give as much notice as possible. This will enable advertising for a replacement from the guild or wider server community.
Last edited by Fuggs on Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:26 pm, edited 47 times in total.
Fuggs

Application Pro-forma

Postby Fuggs » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:26 am

Please cut, paste and complete this proforma into a reply post or pm me:

Character Name :
Server :
Level :
Faction :
Race :
Class :
Main Spec :
Off spec :
Primary professions :

WoW Armoury link :

What country/area do you live in :

Have you checked the effect of daylight savings both locally for you and in Australia will have on raid times :

What was the last guilds you were in? Briefly, why did you leave :

What are you looking for by joining Convert to Raid and more specifically the Convert to Beer raid team :

Do you use Ventrilo :

Do you have a working Mic :

Do you understand we are a casual progression raiding team? What does this mean to you? :

Briefly explain how you fit wow into your world/real life :

Are you prepared to maintain your off spec (seek upgrades, gems, enchants, master rotations, ect) to provide the raid team with greater flexibility for certain boss fights or when a member is absent :

Is this your main Character :
Last edited by Fuggs on Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
Fuggs

Reserved

Postby Fuggs » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:29 am

Reserved
Last edited by Fuggs on Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:30 am, edited 9 times in total.
Fuggs

Reserved

Postby Fuggs » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:29 am

Reserved
Last edited by Fuggs on Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fuggs

Re: <Horde Nemesis> LFM Thu/Sun/Mon 1-4am Server/8-11pm Sydn

Postby Tinokk » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:04 pm

Character Name : Tinessah
Server : Aerie Peak
Level : 20 (at the moment, but will be working on her as much as possible to get to max within a few weeks)
Faction : Alliance
Race : Human
Class : Warlock
Main Spec : Affliction
Off spec : Demonology
Primary professions : Tailor/Enchanting

WoW Armoury link : http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... h/advanced

What country/area do you live in : Australia, Brisbane

Have you checked the effect of daylight savings both locally for you and in Australia will have on raid times : Yup

What was the last guilds you were in? Briefly, why did you leave : Alea Iacta Est Fortuna - Still there casually, Clan of Darkness - still there casually

What are you looking for by joining Convert to Raid and more specifically the Horde Nemesis raid team : I am looking for a semi-serious raiding team that hopefully works within my schedule when my baby comes along (due date 6/2/13)

Do you use Ventrilo/Mumble : Yes, both.

Do you have a working Mic : Yes

Do you understand we are a progression raiding team? What does this mean to you? : Progression is a group that is working towards clearing current content by working together. It is something that I haven't done in over 3 years and I really miss it.

Briefly explain how you fit wow into your world/real life : At the moment it is my "chillaxing" hobby. If I have spare time that isn't spent with my wife then I'm in the game.

Are you prepared to maintain your off spec (seek upgrades, gems, enchants, rotations, ect) to provide the raid team with greater flexibility for certain boss fights or when a member is absent : Yes

Is this your main Character : On Aerie Peak, yes. Normally play a hunter on Earthen Ring.
Tinokk

Tinessa application

Postby Fuggs » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:13 pm

Will put your name on the reserve list Tinokk. Congrats to you and wife. I have a 17 month old so understand where you will be over the next few months. Good luck levelling and keep an eye on this post.

Fuggs
Fuggs

Re: <Horde Nemesis> LFM Thu/Sun/Mon 1-4am Server/8-11pm Sydn

Postby Mtrak » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:02 pm

Is it thursday, monday, sunday Australia time or US time?
Mtrak

Mtraks question

Postby Fuggs » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:53 am

Using the date/time website I linked on the first post, it is the same day in Australia and US at the specified times.
Fuggs

Next

Return to Archived Team Pages