[CST] [Justice League of Azeroth 25m] [7pm Tue & Thur]

Old team pages from the MoP expansion

Re: [CST] [Justice League of Azeroth 25m] [7pm Tue & Thur]

Postby frohman » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:18 pm

Since you have yet to create a GroupMe for the team, I am left with no other option than to pollute the recruitment thread with a little class-based trash talk:

Really Dunlock, you're a warrior? What lamesauce.

phpBB [video]
Image ImageImageImageImage
frohman

Postby Zato » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:29 pm

I'm intrigued - my wife and I have been raiding a bit on a Sun night team, but Tue/Thurs might work out better. How late does it go? I would assume 9 or 10.

Both of use are Deeps: Mage ilvl 552 (me), and Hunter ilvl 336 (wife). We've cleared Flex and Normal 1-2.

I have a healy monk and plan to boost a resto Druid as well, if necessary I might make the switch if the raid needs it.
Zato

Postby Bear » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:02 pm

Had a great time in last nights raid and love to join up. Bench warmer for now due to IRL the next couple of weeks. :)

Regards,
Thudrin
Bear

Postby Darqnezz » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:04 pm

Thanks for letting me run with the group tonight. I would love to join the ranks.Character Info

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... huz/simple <-- Copy and paste the link to your character in the armory.

[ Kungfushuz ]: Character Name
[ Monk ]: Character Class
[ Healer ]: Main Spec/Primary Role
[Tank/ Not very good but willing to learn/ or switch to DPS ]: Off-Spec/Secondary Role

Raiding Info

[ 3 ]: Raiding Experience [Enter 0-4: 0-New to Raiding, 1-Some Raiding, 2-Casual Raiding, 3-Progressive Raiding, 4-Hardcore Progressive]
[ 2 ]: Desired Raiding Group Type(s) [Enter 0-4: 0-Weekly Guild LFR, 1-Casual-Normal, 2-Casual-Normal & Heroic, 3-Progressive, 4-Hardcore Progressive]
[ 10/25 ]: Desired Raid Team Size [10/25] Either will do, but the more the merrier.

Availability [Use Server Times; enter desired time ranges when available (e.g., 9:30PM-2:00AM). Leave the "X" if you are unavailable]

[ 4am-9pm ]: Sundays
[ 6pm-9pm ]: Mondays
[ 3pm-9pm ]: Tuesdays
[ 6pm-9pm]: Wednesdays
[ 3pm-9pm ]: Thursdays
[ 3pm-until ]: Fridays
[ 11am-until ]: Saturdays

Leadership

Raider Leadership/Assist
[ N ]: Do you have experience leading a raiding team? [Y/N]
[ N ]: Are you interested in being a raid leader? [Y/N]
[ N ]: Are you interested in being an assistant raid leader? [Y/N]
Class Leader
[ Y ]: Are you willing to help others improve their raiding experience by providing helpful, constructive advice? [Y/N]

Short Answer Questions

What are your raiding goals for this expansion?
[ Have fun, learn, Kill bosses ]
What makes a raiding group especially good for you?
[ Good group of people that like each others company ]
What factors lead to a less successful raiding experience for you?
[ Boss deaths, and having a good time while doing it ]
How do you prepare your character for raiding?
[ Potions, enchants, food ]
Aside from listening to the most excellent "Convert to Raid" podcast, how do you prepare for raid encounters?
[ Icy veins, Fatbosstv, Tankspot ]
Anything else you might want a prospective raid leader to know about you?
[ I'm a team player. Love to have fun & I'm open to criticism, or being sat out if it will help the team. I played a fury warrior through Lich & Cata, picked up the Monk & I'm learning to play the spec properly. ]
Darqnezz

Postby Vescor » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:59 am

Character Info

Link to Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... cor/simple

Currently on Aerie Peak? (Non Member Only)
[X]: Yes
[ ]: No

[ Vescor ]: Character Name
[ Warlock ]: Character Class [Death Knight, Druid, Hunter, Mage, Monk, Paladin, Priest, Rogue, Shaman, Warrior, Warlock]
[ Destro ]: Main Spec/Primary Role [Tank/Healer/DPS plus Spec Tree]
[ Demo ]: Off-Spec/Secondary Role [Tank/Healer/DPS plus Spec Tree]

Raiding Info

[ 4 ]: Raiding Experience [Enter 0-4: 0-New to Raiding, 1-Some Raiding, 2-Casual Raiding, 3-Progressive Raiding, 4-Hardcore Progressive]
[ 2 / 3 ]: Desired Raiding Group Type(s) [Enter 0-4: 0-Weekly Guild LFR, 1-Casual-Normal, 2-Casual-Normal & Heroic, 3-Progressive, 4-Hardcore Progressive]
[ Does not matter ]: Desired Raid Team Size [10/25]

Availability [Use Server Times; enter desired time ranges when available (e.g., 9:30PM-2:00AM). Leave the "X" if you are unavailable]

[ X ]: Sundays
[ 3 a.m. - 10 a.m. Server ]: Mondays
[ 3 a.m. - 10 a.m. Server ]: Tuesdays
[ 3 a.m. - 10 a.m. Server ]: Wednesdays I can be available for raid times on Tuesday/Thursday at 7 p.m., too.
[ 3 a.m. - 10 a.m. Server ]: Thursdays
[ 3 a.m. - 10 a.m. Server ]: Fridays
[ X ]: Saturdays

Leadership

Raider Leadership/Assist
[ Y ]: Do you have experience leading a raiding team? [Y/N]
[ N ]: Are you interested in being a raid leader? [Y/N]
[ N ]: Are you interested in being an assistant raid leader? [Y/N]

Class Leader
[ Y ]: Are you willing to help others improve their raiding experience by providing helpful, constructive advice? [Y/N]

Short Answer Questions

What are your raiding goals for this expansion?
Since MoP is starting to wrap up, I would like to actually see what the normal/heroic progression looks like in MoP since I have only raided through LFR due to real life circumstances. During the entire MoP expansion, I have been finishing college (senior year, student teaching, full-time teacher), and have recently gotten a job at an educational software company where I make my own hours. So, for WoD I would really like to find a morning raid team where I can get my raiding fix, but still have time for my wife when she gets home from teaching at night.

What makes a raiding group especially good for you?
When every raid team member's input is taken into account and listened to by the leaders. I have been in groups where only the leader was allowed to give any feedback, and those teams quickly fall apart. I'm personally heavily involved in team-communication, so I also appreciate teams that allow for "open-mic" communication where conversation can be had during trash pulls, etc but are focused during bosses.

What factors lead to a less successful raiding experience for you?
We're raiders, so killing bosses leads to a successful raiding experience for me; however, I do enjoy the wipes that lead to progression. These "failures" lead to understanding, so I am completely okay with successful failures since they will lead to a defeated boss encounter.

How do you prepare your character for raiding?
Since I have every profession, I focus on having my own flasks, materials, food, etc for all my toons. I usually spend an hour or two a week farming herbs to make flasks and potions for my own toons. I usually bring about 200 potions and 20 flasks to every raid, for myself, and the best food buff for myself. This allows me to be completely dependent on myself for bringing raid materials.

Aside from listening to the most excellent "Convert to Raid" podcast, how do you prepare for raid encounters?
I follow the hardcore progression guilds, and have a few friends in various top 100 guilds. I watch videos and talk to other top-end raiders about encounters. In my raiding experience, I usually made friends with the most progressed guild on the server and spoke to those leaders to get an idea for various approaches to different fights. I did that a lot when I was raid leading a 10 man guild. This also allows for different teams to sub in and out for different nights, so it bridged the gap between various groups.

Anything else you might want a prospective raid leader to know about you?
Like I said, I work at an educational software company from home . . . so I make my own schedule for when I am working. I greatly appreciate the time for whoever actually messages me and lets me know about their raid times/plans for WoD. If you are looking for a fill-in between now and WoD, I am currently looking for a raid group for SoO normal/heroic. I am just a few Titan Runestones away from being complete with that phase, and then just finishing the last few steps to having my cloak. I have one of every class on Aerie Peak, except for a Rogue, so I am very flexible for whatever class/role is needed in a raid group.
Vescor

Previous

Return to Archived Team Pages