<Working as Intended> 14/14M W/Th/Su LF Swing Healer

Old team pages from the MoP expansion

Re: <Working as Intended> 14/14M W/Th/Su 5:30-8:30pm

Postby Sunletters » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:16 pm

I've been playing this game for 10 years now, and I can say without a doubt the last couple years in CTR have been the most fun I've had. It's not hard to explain why, so many amazing people, so many talented, fun, thoughtful, and interesting folks. So before anything else, thank you all.

The reason I'm writing this post, is the time has come for me to leave the game behind. Not because I don't still enjoy it, not because I don't still get that big smile on my face during raid (interspersed between deep, heavy sighs), and certainly not because I have all the battle pets I wanted to get (how does a 98 not win the Darkmoon Rabbit!?!). As it turns out, the fella behind Sunletters is a corporeal, mortal creature after all... how disappointing. In a departure from my past practices, I'd like to share a little bit about myself in this farewell.

First off, I started playing WoW as a 12 year old, so a little mental math there makes me 22 years old, a far cry from the 4.6 billion of the Sun. I don't care to admit the things I did in the game before raiding, a whole lot of running around aimlessly as a filthy tauren druid, how uncivilized. But almost 4 years ago, as a freshman in college I experienced a bit of turbulence in the form of a skull tumor that took a few surgeries to put me back on track. And let me tell you, not nearly as clean and quick as I'd imagine a Prayer of Healing or a Renew to be.

But that's where Sunletters comes to center stage. In the recovery period, I took it upon myself to join a raid team and do something that kept me focused on something other than what was going on. Thus begins my time in the Firelands and the creation of the Sunletters you've come to know. This is where I taught myself to play all my personal stuff extremely close to the vest, I didn't want to share with them the fact that I was worried I wouldn't make it to next year (quick way to put a damper on the fun!), so I picked up some bad habits of under-communication (and disappearing occasionally out of medical necessity). So first of all, I'm sorry to all the teams that have ever been subjected to that. Still working on flipping that script.

Anyways, smash cut to CTR. At a time when I was finishing up school, CTR came into my life. What an amazing community, so many great people flocking together from different realms, but it never felt like strangers, it felt like a reunion of long, lost family. At a time when I felt frail and broken, Sunletters kept me whole. This character that had the power of the Light, the Sun, of healing and protection and all of that was perfect. It was a refreshing change of pace to feel like I had some control, some direction.

Well, as this humble, only sort of broken member of the human race has slowly grown in strength and as the pieces have come back together, my need for Sunletters has decreased. So let's get down to brass tacks, shall we? I'm at a time and place in my brief (but hopefully bright) existence where I can't find the time for WoW anymore. Now, I don't want to just disappear, so for all of you amazing people who I've met, if you want to stay in contact, just send me a PM and we can work that out. So maybe someday, someplace I'll be able to be with you all again, but for now I'm going to be fighting raid bosses out here in this other crazy fantasy world of ours, Life.

"So this star,
Setting, slowing,
Says goodbye,
Goodbye, glowing."

P.S.

Please note my will records that Prema shall be beneficiary of my winnings when I win the CTR fantasy football league.
Sunletters

Postby Premach » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:15 pm

Far beyond the lowering clouds,
Far behind them lives the sun.

The stars glittering through the void
Are a million, billion suns.

Through the cosmos, the rays lengthen
Through my heart, your stride quickens

From the corner of my eye, a fleeting glimpse
Wait! No, he's gone, gone with the sun.

Fare well, my friend, I hope joy finds you
In the never ending circle of the sun.

Premach

Postby Muchanger » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:19 am

Mr. Sunletters,
Hopefully in the next chapter of your life you do a little bit of writing, because that was very eloquent. You have always took pride and worked hard in WoW and I am sure your ethic of working hard will translate well in real life.

Good luck with it all and take care of yourself.
Anger
Muchanger

Previous

Return to Archived Team Pages