[Boarded Sword 10m][Fri night, Sat Morn]

Old team pages from the MoP expansion

[Boarded Sword 10m][Fri night, Sat Morn]

Postby Crixus » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:57 am

Yes, we recieved a shoutout from the one, the only, Koltrane from the Convert to Raid Podcast (Episode 147). The shoutout was to my alt Hathcok, but I count it.

Mission : To form a 20 man PvE raid team ( Mythic level raiding) that is ready for challenging raid content in the upcoming WoD expansion and beyond. We will be running 10 man during MoP

Co-Guild location: CtR Galleon

Leadership
Raid Leader: Cirscey
Lootmaster: Cirscey
Lead Healer: Whosyourpaly, Sandrider (Sinta)

Loot System: +1 loot system.
Raid Difficulty: 10 man regular / Heroic (MoP), 20 man mythic (WoD)
Raid Times: Friday (7pm server - 10 PM server) and Saturday (8 AM server to 11 AM server)
Progression: Seige of Orgrimar - 13/14 (reg)

Required Programs and addons:
Mumble (download here: http://www.mumble.com/mumble-download.php)
VEM or DBM w/ GTFO (download from http://www.Curse.com)

Warcraft Logs Page: TBA

Roster*
Image=Alaynen
Image=Tulke
Image =Whosyourpaly
Image =Shammymamy
ImageImage =Daogu**
Image =Ahrisky
Image =Wilough
Image =Cirscey
Image =Kurama
Image = Sintra

All back-up raiders are on a "as needed" basis and are constantly fluctuating. No list will be provided for them
*Class colors are being used
**Priests are colored as black because white will not show up on the page

Recruitment will open up again when the 6.0 patch goes live. We will be recruiting players and running a 2 week "trial" period to ensure that said players mesh well with the rest of the team.

If you have not already please add Cirscey (Crixüs) to your real ID. (Battletag : Albinoconan#1824)

We are a group that values having a good time over killing the boss at all costs. If your not having fun (especially when playing a video game) your doing something wrong.
Last edited by Crixus on Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:22 pm, edited 98 times in total.
Crixus

Re: [Boarded Sword 25m][Fri night, Sat Morn]

Postby Crixus » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:21 am

Below is a template for an application to the raid team. All potential raiders are required to fill this out to join Boarded Sword. After you fill out the application, contact Sandrider(Sinta),or Crixüs (Cirscey) in game to get a quick verbal "interview". This is done to ensure that we do not bring clashing personalities into the mix.

Link to Armory: post link here

Currently on Aerie Peak? (Non Member Only)
[ ]: Yes
[ ]: No

[ Toon Name]: Character Name
[ Toon Class ]:Class
[ Toon Spec ]: Main Spec/Primary Role
[ Toon off-spec ]: Off-Spec/Secondary Role

Raiding Info

[ Enter 0-4]: Raiding Experience
0-New to Raiding
1-Some Raiding
2-Casual Raiding
3-Progressive Raiding
4-Hardcore Progressive

[ Enter 0-4 ]: Desired Raiding Group Type(s)
0-Weekly Guild LFR
1-Casual-Normal
2-Casual-Normal & Heroic
3-Progressive
4-Hardcore Progressive

[ 10/25 ]: Desired Raid Team Size

Availability
[Use Server Times; enter desired time ranges when available (e.g., 9:30PM-2:00AM). Leave the "X" if you are unavailable]

[Enter Times ]: Sundays
[Enter Times ]: Mondays
[Enter Times ]: Tuesdays
[Enter Times ]: Wednesdays
[Enter Times ]: Thursdays
[Enter Times ]: Fridays
[Enter Times ]: Saturdays

Leadership

Raider Leadership/Assist
[ Y / N ]: Do you have experience leading a raiding team?
[ Y / N ]: Are you interested in being a raid leader?
[ Y / N ]: Are you interested in being an assistant raid leader?
[ Y / N ]: Are you willing to help others improve their raiding experience by providing helpful, constructive advice?

Short Answer Questions

What are your raiding goals for this expansion?
[ Place answer here]

What makes a raiding group especially good for you?
[ Place answer here ]

What factors lead to a less successful raiding experience for you?
[ Place answer here]

How do you prepare your character for raiding?
[ Place answer here]

Aside from listening to the most excellent "Convert to Raid" podcast, how do you prepare for raid encounters?
[ Place answer here ]

<Boarded Sword> observes a 2 week "trial" period to ensure that new players do not use our team as a loot pinata, (i.e. you will be at a lower priority tier then other raiders for 2 weeks, so you can still get pieces no one needs as main spec) are you o.k. with this?
[ Place answer here ]

Anything else you might want a prospective raid leader to know about you?
[ Place answer here]
Last edited by Crixus on Fri May 23, 2014 4:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Crixus

Postby Crixus » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:03 pm

Raid week is almost here, remember, our goal this week is to get past naz on Fri night, that being said, expect me to be a wee bit more militaristic this week!
Crixus

Postby Isilador » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:30 am

Looking forward to it!

Also, I was tasked with doing a server hardware/software update tonight at work and I will be staying a bit later. If everything goes relatively smoothly I will be home with plenty of time before raid. If something goes wrong I may be a bit late. I will keep you updated via the forums/email if there are issued. If anything pops up it will be relatively early in the night so you will have plenty of warning wither way.

This is Canadianeh BTW. While I am waiting for backups I'll actually create a signature :p
Isilador

Postby Isilador » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:31 pm

Scratch that, I am good to go.
Isilador

Postby Crixus » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:25 pm

As of this point, Moodahla has stepped down from the raid team in its entirety. Right now we do not know the entirty of the impact this will have on the team, hopefully we can find a tank to fill in the gap he leaves. He was a good tank and an impressive leader and will be sorely missed on the squad.

That being said, I will be recruiting for another tank, If one can not be found, I will be forced to tank myself (lets pray i dont have too lol)

If anyone else is leaving the group (because I know a few of you are IRL friends of Moo) please let me know as soon as you make your decision so that I can attempt to find replacements post haste!
Crixus

Postby Moodahla » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:33 pm

Crixus wrote:If anyone else is leaving the group (because I know a few of you are IRL friends of Moo) please let me know as soon as you make your decision so that I can attempt to find replacements post haste!

I would like to say, it has been an adventure and I wish you all the best of luck. I would like my leaving to cause as little hardship as possible. That being said I ask that any decision made, be because it is what YOU want to do, NOT because some one else has left. This is a good team!!

For those that are staying in the group, remember, Just because someone has left it is no the end of the world. There are many people still looking for a team and replacements WILL come.

Again, I wish you all the best of luck and many bosses down.
I'm not an altaholic. I can quit anytime I want
Moodahla
Site Admin

Postby Crixus » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:37 pm

Moodahla wrote:
Crixus wrote:If anyone else is leaving the group (because I know a few of you are IRL friends of Moo) please let me know as soon as you make your decision so that I can attempt to find replacements post haste!

I would like to say, it has been an adventure and I wish you all the best of luck. I would like my leaving to cause as little hardship as possible. That being said I ask that any decision made, be because it is what YOU want to do, NOT because some one else has left. This is a good team!!

For those that are staying in the group, remember, Just because someone has left it is no the end of the world. There are many people still looking for a team and replacements WILL come.

Again, I wish you all the best of luck and many bosses down.

#lonely tear.....
Crixus

Postby Delaurelle » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:31 pm

I am also stepping down (sorry sky!). 25-man is so much, and it's not the right fit for me. I debated for a couple hours before making my decision, and overall I'm just not happy in such a large raid. 10-mans are where I fit best!

I'm very sorry! I will miss you guys, and I hope you do super amazing!
ImageImage
Delaurelle

Postby Anotherround » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:57 pm

Hey guys, I'd like to get something together during the week if any of you are interested. Not anything hard core, maybe just a flex, or get together and level someones profession. Just as an opportunity to hang out without the stress of raiding and get to know each other a little better. Interested?
Anotherround

Next

Return to Archived Team Pages