[EST] [Outside the Box] [T&Th 8p-11p] 2/14 Heroic

Old team pages from the MoP expansion

Re: [EST] [Outside the Box] [T&Th 8p-11p] 1/14 Heroic

Postby Trojes » Tue May 27, 2014 1:49 am

Whats the plan for this week?

The way to a man's heart is through his stomach, but I like to go through his ribcage.
Trojes

Postby Trojes » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:41 pm

Everybody is going to be around this week?

The way to a man's heart is through his stomach, but I like to go through his ribcage.
Trojes

Postby Trojes » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:23 am

Vacation Week! have fun in your various vacation spots, be safe and wear sunscreen

Trojes

Postby fryterrorizt » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:56 am

Had ALOT of fun last night! Most likely the most fun since transferring from Horde on 6/17.

Let me know if you ever need a fill in.

Have a Rogue too -- Gonif.

Thanks again for the invite.
fryterrorizt

Postby Trojes » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:41 am

Thank you for coming! It was fun raiding with you and I am happy you had a good time

Trojes

First to post...so get on it lazy raiders

Postby doktorpope » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:00 am

OTB Team,

So in response to the request from our fearless leader Trojes, I will be the first to apply to "why did you name your character what you did?".

First off Pope is not my first character (I only have 2) as I had a lock in Vanilla called Pyruhs. The name was my feeble attempt to merge in pyrotechnics into the toons name, as I had no idea that they really were not the fireworks class of the game. Due to the inability to get into raids after a few months I dropped poor old Pyruhs ( Still level 60) for the priest that has been my main ever since Molten Core.

The toon started as an undead horde character over on the Aggramar Server where I raided with the guild Second String...a fairly progressive group. I felt that I had to be the overly creative player and find a way to merge the undead mythos with the healer play style. After finding out that the name "Pope" was a prohibited toon name, went about trying to play off of the historical pontiff names. The character ended up originally being called Popecadaver, tying the theological naming convention along with the undead race (I felt that Popecadaverus was too long).

After a two year hiatus, and hearing about the creation of the CTR guild, I jumped back into the game, and server and race changed. Well no longer did the name really fit the toon so dropped the idea of being an over the top religious figure, and just decided to call him what he is today....or was originally...Holy Priest. Well dammit the name Doctorpope was either illegal or was taken, so like so many players just did a little letter switcheroo and settled on Doktorpope.

It is still funny to hear folks mispronounce his name (not unlike Kaitlyn).....Doc-tor-pope-ee...wherever the hell they pull that from I do not know. As for nicknames...Pope seems to be the default amongst my friends list, while Dok is the go to for Flex and LFR stuff.

So that is my story...you guys are up next.
doktorpope

Postby Headles » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:08 pm

Yea im second to respond...

Well how i came to choose the name headles was... My first character was a paly named Headboom and I knew i wanted to be a DK from the start, so I had set it up so it would be like i was a paly that had died and came with the new identity of headles. Headboom's death happened by being decapitated so it fit the name.

This will probably be the shortest post sooo yea.
Headles

Postby Ashreal » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:24 pm

I have been playing Ash in one for or another for many years. About... hmm 1998 so what 16 years ago I started playing Ultima Online. Store I was running the owners sons were playing it at almost none stop so they hired me to run the store while they gamed. I started fooling around with UO after hours, and they gave me a third account they had. On that account was... a Bard, Archer, Mage named Ashrael Knight. Been my name ever since.

Ulima, Everquest, WoW, and almost every other MMO there has been I have been there has Ash in one form or another depending if some fiend stole the correct spelling. Ashrael!

In EQ I lost the last name Knight... they said it was a title and not a real last name... in WoW there are no last names.

So thats my story.

Ashrael Knight
aka
Ashreal
Ashrael Jaeger
Ashrael
Ash
Ashreal

Postby Graldark » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:08 pm

Well I guess I will try this again and see if it posts. What's in a name anyway? Mine came from the deep recess of the mind in an attempt to come up with something I thought was something similar to what I had seen in other games set in the era of knights and dragons. Graldark was my best attempt at what I wanted that to be. I have a back story in my head about Gral that involves him as a lowly farm hand that wanted to be a knight and eventually becomes one. From the very beginning, Gral was a tank and only a tank. I've never done dps on Gral and never will as it just wouldn't be right. Gral even levels as a tank, which may be slower, but he never dies and that is part of his legend. If you take a look at him, his looks are even modeled on his puppet master. Gral is what I wish I could be or the kind of life I wish I could live.

I've played on a handful of teams and raided at all levels. I pug frequently and have never minded helping out developing players. It is the experience of teamwork that keeps me in game and Graldark is my favorite avatar to live out adventures with. It has been my pleasure to charge forward into battle with reckless abandon on our quest to down the bosses and to gain the spoils from our battles. By far OTB is my most enjoyable team to spend time with. It is a highlight of my week to spend the time together that we do! LONG LIVE OUTSIDE THE BOX!
Graldark

Postby Trojes » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:45 pm

Even though my toon name is awesome and everyone thinks there is an epic tale behind it....the truth is that when I was making the Trojes in the first place, she was troll race and my real name is Jessica, therefore Tro-Jes -> Trojes

I am sorry to disappoint, but since playing Trojes for 7 or 8 years the name has gone on an epic journey and developed a character all of her own.

Trojes

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Team Pages