[EST] [Outside the Box] [T&Th 8p-11p] 2/14 Heroic

Old team pages from the MoP expansion

Re: [EST] [Outside the Box] [T&Th 8p-11p] We killed Garrosh!

Postby Kaidyn » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:52 pm

I'll be online tomorrow at normal raid time. Down for whatever.
Kaidyn

Postby doktorpope » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:32 pm

Put out raid invites for this week while Phatal and MS are taking much needed down time.

Found some DPS and Tank for us...so come along if you like
doktorpope

Postby Ashreal » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:10 pm

Tonight was a fun easy going night. Got through Nazgrim down. had some fun with random music Trivia. Trojes edged out Balt 40-39 and won 2k gold donated from Doktorpope and myself. Grats T! Think I will get some more covers for next time, and I will work on some different types of trivia for later weeks. Mala, and Phatal you were missed!
Ashreal

Postby Ashreal » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:58 pm

What do you want to do? This is a question that we have to think about now going forward. The expansion is a minimum three months off. That is being very generous I understand that more then likely that means we are six months off from WoD!

So what do you want to do?
Are you taking a break from wow?
Playing, but only raiding, and other wise meh?
Are you playing ALTS, or gearing up a new character you want to raid with?
Are you a achievement nut, and looking to do these?

I am a achievement nut so I am always looking for something to do. Scenarios, raids, pvp, pretty much everything is up my ally at this point. If you have something you want to do in the expansion let us hear it, and at the very least we can help you out!

Warlords of Destruction! (Insert over the top guitar rift here)
Are we going to expand the team? If so what are you thinking for the sweet spot?
I know Balt has stated he wants to move to DPS from tank. Is there anyone else who is thinking about changing their role, chatacter completely, leaving the game?
I know Phatal you have expressed your dislike for the random system. Are you thinking about changing the loot system in 6.0?

From what I have read 6.0 will hit, and mythic, and the new style raiding will be available for 3-4 weeks before WoD hits. Even with that being a long way off its not a bad time to start thinking about that.

Just some random thoughts from me.

PS: (Soft Whisper) Achievements.....
Ashreal

Postby Phatal » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:25 pm

I am on a WoW slowdown. It is spring and we bought a new house (close tomorrow) so we are moving. Then we have wedding stuff going on a lot this summer. I currently have all the 90s that I want. I do like achievements but probably not as much as you do ash!

I never know which character I want to main until an ex pack drops. I often change my role/class/race but I have been stuck on Shaman and Monk and probably will stay there. It is hard to say how raiding will be in WoD with the new mythic mode. On a 6 hour week I don't think this is a mythic team so it would fall into the 10-25, normal/heroic range. I also think that means the personal loot system will be prevalent, which is fine.

I am eventually going to have to taper off my play time to make sure I get all of my other stuff done in the next few months. I think the timing is good in-the-game wise. I would personally prefer to take regular scheduled raids off the calendar until WoD. That said, I know that this is not what everyone else wants to do right now. I would rather just be a passenger for a bit rather than a driver.
Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
- Sun Tzu

Phatal

Postby doktorpope » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:19 pm

Phatal,

I hear you as the grind to Garrosh was a haul. I would like to continue to raid and try to expand into heroics for a bit, with a little achievement fun on the side.

We have Garldark, pally tank coming in to assist us on future efforts, so take the time you need to recharge those batteries. We should get everyone's temperature on their future play desire so that we can keep the team if not moving forward, at least having fun.

So we should all talk this Thursday to check on everyone's schedules, and get a list of folks looking to get a bit of gear for alts...I have a feeling Trojes has a few, and might want to play something from a ranged perspective, or do I dare say a healer?

I am guessing the Malaprop will be taking time off as well during the same time, to make sure you are doing things "correctly" with the new house...and of course marriage!!!

So to all the members of OtB, who is in for heroics and more of Ash's jukebox fun time?

Let us know...as I am up for SoO fun...and maybe that elusive ring to replace my ToT one.

Cordially from 30k over the central US.

Pope
doktorpope

Postby Kaidyn » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:42 pm

First and foremost, grats all on the Garrosh kill and thank you Phatal for your leadership.

To be honest, I’m not really sure what I would like to do going forward. SoO was my first tier raiding progression; Mists has been the first expansion I have done any real end game content at level. That being said, achievements are always an interesting option as I do not have too many and the idea of heroic raiding is also very tempting. (Of course, Ash’s casual jukebox nights are always welcome.)

I guess my concern is, if we decide to do heroic raiding, I wouldn’t want to go into the venture half-heartedly. I would want to put in the effort that, having not experienced heroic progression, I can only imaging is involved. Additionally, I get the sense that there is a bit of fatigue in the group following the fight to get Garrosh down. May just be my perception however, I know I have experienced it.

I know this doesn’t really answer any questions Ash and Pope, just wanted to get some thoughts out there. Let me just say, I don’t plan on quitting. I plan to continue to raid, even during the several month content void in advance of WoD. And while I have a Disc Priest and Brewmaster (both at 90) that I am playing with and may get one into flex and potentially normals, my main is my Mage for the foreseeable future.

It’s been a fun ride. Hope it continues.
Kaidyn

Postby balterex » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:57 am

I am still down for anything. Would like to do t14 heroic for achieves and maybe the metas. I worry about doing current heroics since I'm not the greatest raid lead (as witnessed Tuesday night)...

I do have some alts I'd love to run through soo, but only one is a tank and he's no where near geared for normals.

As for next expack, I've kinda fell back in love with tanking so I think I'm going to stay with it.
and if the world is ending, we toast to it.
balterex

Postby doktorpope » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:53 pm

Team OtB,

Well it would not be the norm for the team without a little change every few months. I have posted a request for a replacement Warlock in the Forums to replace Msmalaprop, and we have secured the services of a very dependable Pally Tank...Graldark.

Master Balterex will be taking on the duties as raid lead, primarily focusing on the heroic content and the few boss mechanics that require direction (ie Thok, Klaxxi, and Garrosh). It would be a huge favor to Balt to just do a refresher on the tactics as we will not have Phatal's extensive lead experience as we move forward.

Lastly, so Balt does not have to focus on all the mechanics I am suggesting that my husband Master Ashreal assist with the heal mechanics (cooldowns), and Trojes provide guidance for the DPS folks.

I am hoping that by segregating the various roles, that one person will not have to bear the entire load for our progression, and future jump into WoD.

While we will miss the experience and assistance from Phatal and MS (greatly appreciated), we as a team will continue on.

On a side note I will be missing this Tuesdays raid due to work training, but will log on to see how the dynamics worked with the new team structure. Also since we will have Haen's wife (SPriest) lets see how that goes, as the need for a Lock may be diminshed.

Once again onward and upward...and Balt, we are depending on ya
doktorpope

Postby Ashreal » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:31 pm

Woo all good. Got your back Balt! So fresh clear this week mesh in the new people, and when Pope gets back we will be about half way in. Or Flex 4 run, and get all the new people up to speed on how we do the final bosses, and Thursday BAM we just extend from our current lock out?
Ashreal

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Team Pages